Making Fun of the Clown Car of Republican Candidates

RABEL222

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2015 10:52 pm
@coldjoint,
Do you mind if I consider your "TRUTH" a flat assed lie?
Brandon9000

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2015 10:56 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:
It's what the Republicans have done to Obama since before he even took office. Civility goes out the window...

Yes, as opposed to your treatment of George Bush. Name calling is childish and doesn't constitute an argument.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2015 11:00 pm
@Brandon9000,
The Republicans started the name calling and character assassination with Clinton. They refined it to a new art form with Obama. I won't even start with how badly Bush screwed up the economy and destabilized the Middle East. He was a walking **** up.
coldjoint

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2015 11:16 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
The Republicans started the name calling and character assassination

Wrong again, LBJ is credited with the first negative attack ad in his run against Goldwater.

Quote:
LBJ’s 1964 attack ad ‘Daisy’ leaves a legacy for modern
campaigns

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/lbjs-1964-attack-ad-daisy-leaves-a-legacy-for-modern-campaigns/2014/09/05/d00e66b0-33b4-11e4-9e92-0899b306bbea_story.html
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2015 11:19 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
character assassination with Clinton.

What character?http://www.alien-earth.com/images/smileys/spock.gif
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sun 12 Jul, 2015 12:19 am
@edgarblythe,
I listened reluctantly to Donald Trump at some conference where he did his usual hard sell. As ridiculous as it seems, its possible that blowhard might be able to get nominated. What scares me, is he thinks he can bully Congress and the Judicial branch like he bullies subordinates, and those dopes who participate in that odious Celebrity apprentice.

I think about my grandparents who fought in the great war, lived thru the depression, fought in WWII, came home and rebuilt this country. They educated my generation, kept abreast of the worlds issues and would have collapsed in laughter at the idea a buffoon like Trump could be considered as a world leader.
He can't even get a good haircut.

I'm dreading the republican debates, not because I don't want to hear their views, I really do. But will Trump decide that debate rules don't apply to him, will he speak over the candidates. If he can't behave as a statesman in the debates, he will make the US look like a Berzerkastan republic. He can't communicate in the language all branches of our military and support personnel use in the workplace, he claims to be better about the military than all those battle tested soldiers and officers and current leaders. Good old salty dog donny is what we could get,God help us.

0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 12 Jul, 2015 08:27 am
So far I believe that, when the primaries start, Trump will quickly go under the bus wheels. Too early to say if his influence will damage the Republicans too badly to recover.
RABEL222

Reply Sun 12 Jul, 2015 12:50 pm
@edgarblythe,
One can hope.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Sun 12 Jul, 2015 02:20 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
So far I believe that, when the primaries start, Trump will quickly go under the bus wheels. Too early to say if his influence will damage the Republicans too badly to recover.

At least there is no disinformation in your post. That's a nice change. Killary[ Ms. Baggage] will be quite the speed bump herself. We just have to wait for the Republican of choice to run her over.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Mon 13 Jul, 2015 12:11 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
Amazon Backs Ted Cruz over NY Times: ‘No Evidence’ of Bulk Sales

Is Amazon a Republican puppet backing Cruz? Is it time to boycott Amazon for not supporting progressive lies?

http://www.mediaite.com/online/amazon-backs-ted-cruz-over-ny-times-no-evidence-of-bulk-sales/
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Mon 13 Jul, 2015 12:32 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:
Do you mind if I consider your "TRUTH" a flat assed lie?

You go right ahead.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/amazon-backs-ted-cruz-over-ny-times-no-evidence-of-bulk-sales/
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 13 Jul, 2015 01:13 pm
Having Scott Walker in the mix will be entertaining.

My money, overall, would be on whoever can bring out the Latino vote. I'm curious to see how Walker's recent comments re immigration (legal and illegal) are going to work for him and the GOP.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 13 Jul, 2015 01:49 pm
@ehBeth,
If I had to pick the likely nominee this early, it still is Bush.
coldjoint

Reply Mon 13 Jul, 2015 04:18 pm
@edgarblythe,
So is Amazon a shill for Cruz? Why don't your acknowledge your disinformation?
Also accusing Republicans of what LBJ started.

It doesn't help your creditability.

coldjoint

Reply Mon 13 Jul, 2015 04:30 pm
Quote:
NY Times Taking a Beating In Its Battle With Ted Cruz

Quote:
Now Amazon has entered the fray, stating publicly that there is “is no evidence of unusual bulk purchase activity in our sales data.” As of last report, A Time for Truth is #13 at Amazon among all books, not just hard cover nonfiction. Other sources that track book sales evidently agree that there is nothing fishy about Cruz’s book’s sales:

Quote:
As HarperCollins has noted, Cruz’s book “ranked high on other publishing industry bestseller lists including Nielsen Bookscan (#4) … The Wall Street Journal (#4) and Barnes and Noble (#7),” all of which “omit bulk orders books from their rankings.”

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2015/07/ny-times-taking-a-beating-in-its-battle-with-ted-cruz.php?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+powerlineblog%2Flivefeed+%28Power+Line%29
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 13 Jul, 2015 06:13 pm
Andy Borowitz
14 mins ·

At this point, Sarah Palin would bring much-needed dignity to the Republican field.
coldjoint

Reply Mon 13 Jul, 2015 06:22 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
much-needed dignity

Like Clinton did for the Democrats and the office of President?

Oh yeah, is Andys' arm broke?
0 Replies

parados

Reply Tue 14 Jul, 2015 09:20 am
@coldjoint,
Cruz isn't in the top 10 on Amazon best seller list. He isn't in the top 10 on the NYTimes best seller list.

How does Amazon prove the NYTimes wrong?
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 14 Jul, 2015 09:21 am
@parados,
Cruz was caught buying his own books, trying to boost them onto the best seller list.
parados

Reply Tue 14 Jul, 2015 09:24 am
@edgarblythe,
The funny thing is his audio CD is a best seller on Amazon.

I guess he's a hit amongst those conservatives that have never picked up a book.
0 Replies