Making Fun of the Clown Car of Republican Candidates

oralloy

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2016 12:54 pm
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:
I still don't know what he's talking about. Was some law passed or even introduced?

For the first half of 2013 Mr. Obama made a massive push to try to pass a package of laws that would egregiously violate the Constitution.

The NRA of course prevented him from succeeding, but he consumed every last bit of his political capital in this futile effort.

The end result was that he had no political capital left to pursue any other legislation, leaving his second term a wasteland of legislative failure.

Come election day it will have been a long six years since he got any legislation passed through Congress, and the voters are going to respond to that by electing President Trump.
maporsche

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2016 01:02 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

Come election day it will have been a long six years since he got any legislation passed through Congress, and the voters are going to respond to that by electing President Trump.

You wishing it won't make it happen oralloy. I think they're more likely to see republican obstruction causing unprecedented gridlock (as recently evidenced by and soon to be trumpeted throughout the election by the SCOTUS pick), and your side runs the risk of losing the majority in the Senate and are decidedly underdogs for the POTUS.
oralloy

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2016 01:11 pm
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:
You wishing it won't make it happen oralloy.

True. Its happening will have nothing to do with any wishing on my part.

maporsche wrote:
I think they're more likely to see republican obstruction causing unprecedented gridlock (as recently evidenced by and soon to be trumpeted throughout the election by the SCOTUS pick),

We'll see who gets elected in a massive landslide later this year.

maporsche wrote:
and your side runs the risk of losing the majority in the Senate and are decidedly underdogs for the POTUS.

My side?
0 Replies

parados

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2016 02:45 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
I've heard enough Second Amendment dogwhistles from Mr. Trump to reassure me that he will respect the Constitution.

Somehow I am not surprised that you respond well to dog whistles.
0 Replies