Making Fun of the Clown Car of Republican Candidates

Lash

Reply Sun 27 Sep, 2015 06:21 pm
@oralloy,
The local clinic which deals with mental illnesses ranging from clinical depression to schizophrenia and all manner of "danger to themselves or others" behavior has a list and in many cases, adds these to the list of people who should not be able to purchase firearms.

I have been called to situations you would not believe and each of those people did not possess the mental capacity to know right from wrong one minute to the next. You do not want everyone to have the ability to buy a gun. From the depression angle, suicide should be a concern.

If it is situational depression - and the person wants a gun - there is a process they can follow to earn that ability.
oralloy

Reply Sun 27 Sep, 2015 07:24 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:
The local clinic which deals with mental illnesses ranging from clinical depression to schizophrenia and all manner of "danger to themselves or others" behavior has a list and in many cases, adds these to the list of people who should not be able to purchase firearms.

That is bad medical practice. If people have their rights violated for voluntarily seeking help, the result is going to be that no one will voluntarily seek help anymore.

Plus, people are only supposed to be added to the list by a court process.

Lash wrote:
If it is situational depression - and the person wants a gun - there is a process they can follow to earn that ability.

There is no such process. If the Democrats manage to get people added to the list because they had a spell of depression once in their lives, they will try to keep those people on the list forever.
Lash

Reply Sun 27 Sep, 2015 07:56 pm
@oralloy,
You're making things up. I'm not sure how things go in each state, but I have seen the process in two states and it is as I said.
oralloy

Reply Sun 27 Sep, 2015 08:16 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:
You're making things up.

No, the Democrats really are abusing the list as I've described.

Lash wrote:
I'm not sure how things go in each state, but I have seen the process in two states and it is as I said.

You've seen people succeed in getting off the list?
Lash

Reply Sun 27 Sep, 2015 08:59 pm
@oralloy,
Yes. His gun had been removed from the residence during a cop call situation and he wanted it back. There was paperwork after a waiting period.
roger

Reply Sun 27 Sep, 2015 09:02 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

That is bad medical practice. If people have their rights violated for voluntarily seeking help, the result is going to be that no one will voluntarily seek help anymore.

Bingo! May not be "medical practice" as such, but you've surely nailed the end result.
oralloy

Reply Sun 27 Sep, 2015 09:13 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:
Yes. His gun had been removed from the residence during a cop call situation and he wanted it back. There was paperwork after a waiting period.

That doesn't sound like he was added to the list of names who are prohibited from buying a gun.

But I question the police's justification for seizing the gun, unless he brought it out to confront the police or something.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Sun 27 Sep, 2015 09:16 pm
@snood,
Quote:
The people who call themselves supporters of Trump, Carson and Cruz (to name 3 of the most unhinged, in my opinion) are some scary mofos. I heard a woman interviewed on XM radio who was attending an event where Cruz was speaking. She was asked why she supported Cruz, and she said "Because he's a righteous man of God who will save us from what that Obama has done to our country!!" Asked what specific things Obama has done that Cruz would save us from, she said "Taking away all our guns, robbing us with that Obamacare, and making a deal with Satan himself with that Iran deal! Isn't that enough?!!" Thoroughly nonplussed, the interviewer mumbled something in response about those things not being true.

I'm sure I was driving down the highway with my mouth hanging wide open for a couple miles, before I caught myself. Just - Damn.

Sorry, I had to go back and look up this post. The fact that some people just accept this kind of crap as truth. All the lies that are repeated tome after time until in some peoples minds they become facts that cant be removed.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Sun 27 Sep, 2015 09:27 pm
@roger,
If we had a mental test for all gun owners to find if they had maniacal tendencies it might help. Especially for our policman. I am scared to death I am going shot to death while reaching into my glove box for my registration.
RABEL222

Reply Sun 27 Sep, 2015 09:31 pm
@Lash,
How else to get reasonable gun laws if thy are not used as examples.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Sun 27 Sep, 2015 09:36 pm
@snood,
Maybe taking the NRA's right to fund congress away? I wonder is the NRA a corporation? If they are the Supreme Court has already made that illegal.
RABEL222

Reply Sun 27 Sep, 2015 09:44 pm
@roger,
Hey people, I have also been involved in mental sickness issues and it isent the sick person who seeks help but their families. Thus when states shut down mental facilities we wind up with more street people.
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Mon 28 Sep, 2015 07:38 am
@RABEL222,
Me too. I am hearing impaired, I am afraid I won't be able to hear what they are telling me to do and then get shot for not doing it quick enough.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2015 01:23 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:
Maybe taking the NRA's right to fund congress away?

Taking rights away? Because you disagree. What if they took your right to hate Jews away?
RABEL222

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2015 04:24 pm
@coldjoint,
I dont hate Jews. I hate a Israel and its government and idiots like you who dont have the brains to reason.
coldjoint

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2015 06:24 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:
I hate a Israel and its government and idiots like you who dont have the brains to reason.

Then you have no use for your spine either. Islam does not reason.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2015 06:34 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
Islam does not reason.

Neither does the West most of the time now. If we did we would not have destabilized Libya or Syria nor would Europe be facilitating the invading Muslim Hordes. If we did making the medical system more expensive as ObamaCare does would be considered a step back not a step forwards.
oralloy

Reply Wed 30 Sep, 2015 12:50 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
Neither does the West most of the time now. If we did we would not have destabilized Libya

Killing Kadaffy made the world a much better place. That guy was evil incarnate.

hawkeye10 wrote:
or Syria

The West is not responsible for the situation in Syria.

hawkeye10 wrote:
nor would Europe be facilitating the invading Muslim Hordes.

A little compassion doesn't hurt anyone.

If there is an afterlife waiting for us, the current leaders of Hungary are going to find that their way into Heaven is blocked with impenetrable barbed wire.

hawkeye10 wrote:
If we did making the medical system more expensive as ObamaCare does would be considered a step back not a step forwards.

Is it more expensive now?
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Wed 30 Sep, 2015 10:10 pm
@coldjoint,
They take after you.
coldjoint

Reply Thu 1 Oct, 2015 03:08 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:
They take after you.

They take after you, they hate Jews too.
0 Replies