When will Hillary Clinton give up her candidacy ?

Frank Apisa

Thu 10 Sep, 2015 07:30 am
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

I will not vote for her in the primary, I will enthusiastically vote for her against everyone in the clown car.

I cannot vote in the Primary...I will vote for whomever the Dems choose to oppose the Republican candidate...and I will do so proudly and with enthusiasm.
snood

Thu 10 Sep, 2015 07:39 am
I think they're adding a bonus of 0.25 vote for pride and enthusiasm.
0 Replies

revelette2

Thu 10 Sep, 2015 07:45 am
I might end up voting for Bernie if Biden don't get in, I just hope he picks somebody a little more rounded so to speak for his running mate if he gets it. I'm still hoping Hillary steps down.
bobsal u1553115

Thu 10 Sep, 2015 07:48 am
@Frank Apisa,
Thats fair enough Frank. There will be a Democrat in the White House.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Thu 10 Sep, 2015 07:49 am
@revelette2,
A Biden/Sanders ticket works well for me.
bobsal u1553115

Thu 10 Sep, 2015 07:50 am
http://assets.amuniversal.com/9dca75e039270133054f005056a9545d.jpg

http://editorialcartoonists.com/cartoons/HelleJ/2015/HelleJ20150910_low.jpg

http://editorialcartoonists.com/cartoons/AnderN/2015/AnderN20150910_low.jpg

revelette2

Thu 10 Sep, 2015 07:55 am
@bobsal u1553115,
One of the reasons I worry about Sanders is that he seems to be an activist. Being an activist is a good thing, but I am not sure it is good for a president.
woiyo

Thu 10 Sep, 2015 08:45 am
@revelette2,
Obama is/was an activist. So all good.....
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Thu 10 Sep, 2015 11:47 am
The Atlantic has a great piece on how much trouble Hillary is in, and pointing out that she did it to herself.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Thu 10 Sep, 2015 12:15 pm
@revelette2,
Teddy Roosevelt was an activist President. FDR was, also.
bobsal u1553115

Thu 10 Sep, 2015 12:16 pm
@revelette2,
Teddy Roosevelt was an activist President. FDR was, also.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Thu 10 Sep, 2015 12:46 pm
Anthony Weiner Told To Stay Away From Hillary Clinton Fundraiser
By Richard Johnson
September 9, 2015 | 4:33pm

Anthony Weiner will be conspicuously absent from the fundraiser his boss, Michael Kempner, is throwing for his wife’s boss, Hillary Clinton.

Weiner has been kept away from Hillary since his second sexting scandal first broke in 2013, even though Weiner’s wife, Huma Abedin, has a bigger role than ever in Clinton’s presidential campaign.

Kempner and wife Jacqueline are hosting a fundraiser that Hillary will attend Sept. 24 at their home in Cresskill, NJ.

But Weiner (a.k.a. Carlos Danger) will not be there. “He was not only not invited,” said one source. “He was specifically told not to show up just in case he had any plans to.”

Kempner, one of Clinton’s biggest bundlers, hired Weiner in July and put him on the board of advisers at his MWW public relations firm.

more...

http://pagesix.com/2015/09/09/anthony-weiner-told-not-to-attend-hillary-clinton-fundraiser/?_ga=1.102119810.2032733243.1441844868
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Thu 10 Sep, 2015 12:58 pm
NYT's is reporting that Gore is on the short list of people to save the party from the Hillary debacle. If there was nothing in the sexual abuse claims he would be my choice. Having been out of government for as long as he has been is a plus not a minus.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Thu 10 Sep, 2015 01:21 pm
Justice Department rules Hillary Clinton followed law in deleting emails

The Obama administration told a federal court Wednesday that former Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton was within her legal rights to use of her own email account, to take the messages with her when she left office and to be the one deciding which of those messages are government records that should be returned.

In the most complete legal defense of Mrs. Clinton, Justice Department lawyers insisted they not only have no obligation, but no power, to go back and demand the former top diplomat turn over any documents she hasn’t already given — and neither, they said, can the court order that.

The defense came as part of a legal filing telling a judge why the administration shouldn’t be required to order Mrs. Clinton and her top aides to preserve all of their emails.

“There is no question that Secretary Clinton had authority to delete personal emails without agency supervision — she appropriately could have done so even if she were working on a government server,” the administration lawyers argued. “Under policies issued by both the National Archives and Records Administration (‘NARA’) and the State Department, individual officers and employees are permitted and expected to exercise judgment to determine what constitutes a federal record.”

The legal brief said that means employees are required to “review each message, identify its value and either delete it or move it to a record-keeping system."

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/sep/10/justice-department-rules-hillary-clinton-followed-/

It is the Washington Times so I will await confirmation.
Frank Apisa

Thu 10 Sep, 2015 01:39 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Oh, damn.

That means that "Benghazi, Benghazi, Benghazi" is back in play.

Even Edward Snowden is going to pay a price for that!
parados

Thu 10 Sep, 2015 01:52 pm
@georgeob1,
The CIA and the DIA said the attack in Benghazi was directed by Al Qaeda? Now who is telling whoppers? A group linked to Al Qaeda does not an attack directed by Al Qaeda make.

Quote:
Whether the attack was ordered by a high-level al-Qaeda chief or planned on short notice by people on the ground remains unclear, the report said.

Baldimo

Thu 10 Sep, 2015 02:01 pm
@parados,
Regardless, it wasn't a protest against a video as both Obama and Hillary had claimed. They lied about the whole thing. She even said the same BS with their bodies laying there for a memorial.
parados

Thu 10 Sep, 2015 02:05 pm
@Baldimo,
Except for the fact that one of the persons that supposedly planned it said it was in response to the video.

Quote:
Khattala told the newspaper (NYTimes) that the attack had grown out of a peaceful protest against a video made in the United States that mocked the Prophet Muhammad and Islam.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/06/17/benghazi-attack-suspect-had-been-living-defiantly-in-plain-sight/

But I suppose he was lying and you know more about it then the people that were there.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Thu 10 Sep, 2015 02:08 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Hillary Clinton should have received some sort of medal for how well State handled Benghazi. And in the face of a Republican Congress stripping $180 million from the State security budget for foreign missions.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Thu 10 Sep, 2015 02:41 pm
Quote:
Federal investigators have formally began an inquiry into top Hillary Clinton aide Huma Abedin after concluding that she took maternity and vacation time at the State Department without using her regular leave time.

The move brought Abedin nearly $11,000 in pay that she was not entitled to, The Washington Times reports. She is under investigation for embezzlement.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Huma-Abedin-Hillary-Clinton-aide-overpayment/2015/09/09/id/681092/#ixzz3lN1OMhjA

It is highly likely that they will find something, and just like with the Clinton emails this is an unforced error by Hillary. This is again her playing fast and lose with the laws. Huma and Hillary are like sisters they claim, Hillary gets tagged for this if Huma did anything wrong. Huma's excuse "my husband handles all the money in the family and he did not tell me about this" is going to go nowhere.