When will Hillary Clinton give up her candidacy ?

MontereyJack

Sat 10 Sep, 2016 10:49 pm
@MontereyJack,
I'd say she nailed it.
cicerone imposter

Sat 10 Sep, 2016 10:51 pm
@Real Music,
Quote:
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
Don't you know that reality is not allowed on this site?

Reality is allowed, but it takes many people to ensure that facts are kept up front and center, because there are some who who attempt to rewrite history.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Sat 10 Sep, 2016 11:11 pm
@MontereyJack,
a more complete quote of the second part of her critique of Trump

Quote:
Now, some of those folks — they are irredeemable, but thankfully they are not America. But the other basket — and I know this because I see friends from all over America here — I see friends from Florida and Georgia and South Carolina and Texas — as well as, you know, New York and California — but that other basket of people are people who feel that the government has let them down, the economy has let them down, nobody cares about them, nobody worries about what happens to their lives and their futures, and they’re just desperate for change. It doesn’t really even matter where it comes from.

They don’t buy everything he says, but he seems to hold out some hope that their lives will be different. They won’t wake up and see their jobs disappear, lose a kid to heroin, feel like they’re in a dead-end. Those are people we have to understand and empathize with as well.

0 Replies

glitterbag

Sat 10 Sep, 2016 11:29 pm
@georgeob1,
My religious beliefs are part of who I am, but I don't want my church to tell me who to vote for and I don't want to participate in prayer circles at work. In this country we have freedom of religion and freedom from religion. Despite the fundamentalist Christian scare tactics, secular does not mean evil. I think it's about time people stop demonizing English words before we become a sad parody of a Monty Python film. Am I the only person here who can see the delicious lunacy of the line John Cleese delivered in the life of Brian, when he furiously spits out "we aren't the People's Front of Judea, we are the Judean People's Front"

I accept you think you are viewing with bemused irony, but it s probably more likely you are bemused by what you have been indoctrinated to think is irony. I guess there's a sense of comfort to be blindly obedient, I just can't surrender my intellect or will before I have proof/evidencea , perhaps I'm a heretic.
Im not shocked how effective the campaign has been in labeling Sec. Clifton a criminal. I find it tres amusing how every non-Intell person is aghast at what they believe to be sloppy handling of State secrets. Folks, you have been conned. I will remind you once again that the Secretary of State is our top diplomat not our top spy. Secretary of State doesn't carry around military secrets, weapon specifications or force deployments. These State Department mission is strictly to smooth foreign relations. Uber-sensitive or what someone referred to as compartmented doc are absolutely not sent via email and the likelyhood that the SECSTATE, Sec of the Interior, or even freeping Homeland Security or the FBI is on the distribution list. There has to be a need to know.

But back to your views on political correctitude (can you imagine how difficult it is for me to type such tortured phrases?) What puzzles me is you seem to believe her guilt is a fact and you expect her to sit demurely while Trump whips up his Bund members. Like Popeye, she has had all she can stands, and she can't stands no more. She lobbed an insult, I think it's about damn time. The only hypocrisy I see is folks assuming she must quietly accept every falsehood and slander her opponents gleefully shower on her, while people chant lock her up.

A decline of religion, I beg to differ. I hear Christian Churches lament the war on Christianity, the lack of prayer in schools, and panic that non-Christians will remove "In God we trust" off our sacred money. Personally I always carry 40 $1 bills in case I drop over dead to make sure God knows I love him/her. Christian religious groups have a huge influence over our campaigns. But too many of them are angling for a theocracy. I still say Merry Christmas, because I don't think there is a war on Christmas. But I don't hide in the basement if someone else doesn't repeat it.

0 Replies

MontereyJack

Sun 11 Sep, 2016 07:26 am
@georgeob1,
geogeob says:
Quote:
ou are making a deceptive and self serving argument here. The law in question established special provisions permitting Federal oversight of matters of local government in selected Southern States precisely to ensure the elimination of long-established practices used in these states to preserve segregation and inhibit voting and the acquisition of political power among Blacks and to replace them with the more equitable conditions that prevailed in other states. That mission has been accomplished and the differences in those areas between the States in question and the others has largely vanished. The special provisions applicable to only specified states designed to overcome specified practices that limited voting and political representation by Black citizens in them are no longer required, precisely because the conditions that justified this abnormal limitation on the Constitutional rights of the states in question have vanished.

You, george, are the one making a deceptive and self-serving ;post. Once those provisions of the Voting Rights Act were struck down by the Scalia court, those states and others promptly enacted legislation designed, in the words of the appellate judge for NC, "with almost surgical precision" to limit voting rights and political participation. SCOTUS blew it big time. Their justifications were blown out of the water in less than a month.
revelette2

Sun 11 Sep, 2016 07:41 am
Quote:
But if there is one group of people who should take their outrage about Clinton’s comments and stuff it in a very dark place, it’s Trump and his paid apologists, who unloaded in a series of tweets this morning. Trump’s campaign even put out a statement claiming that Clinton “revealed her true contempt for everyday Americans.”

Oh, please. Two things can be true at the same time: First, Clinton overgeneralized about what’s in the hearts and minds of Trump supporters. Second, her underlying characterization of the general nature of many of Trump’s campaign appeals — and her related observation that they really are successfully playing on the baser instincts of an untold number of Trump’s supporters — are 100 percent accurate.

Read the rest at the source
0 Replies

High Strangeness

Sun 11 Sep, 2016 08:45 am
Haha Hillary threw a temper tantrum and called Trump's supporters-
"The racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamophobic — you name it. And unfortunately there are people like that. And he has lifted them up."
http://www.firstpost.com/world/hillary-clinton-regrets-calling-half-of-donald-trumps-supporters-deplorable-2999758.html

But she knows she daren't accuse Trump of that because he regularly has blacks, orientals, gays. lesbians, foreigners and women etc on his Apprentice show..Smile
(PS I don't know if he's ever had a muslim on the show)

0 Replies

Blickers

Sun 11 Sep, 2016 09:35 am
Hillary Surging.

The latest ABC News / Washington Post poll shows Hillary Clinton jumping to an 8 point lead in a head-to-head matchup with Donald Trump.

Has Trump's recent progress in the polls been stunted by his latest speeches or tweets? That appears to be the case.

This poll also shows Hillary Clinton climbing past the 50 percent mark, which is generally regarded as a milestone for a candidate, because it is harder to attract voters who have already committed to a candidate than to sway them while they are still undecided.

..........................................................................Clinton..........Trump
ABC News/Wash Post 9/5 - 9/8.......642 LV.........51..................43..........Clinton +8
0 Replies

Lash

Sun 11 Sep, 2016 11:09 am
Hillary collapses at 911 ceremony. She's obviously suffering from a serious illness she refuses to disclose. Footage is all over Twitter and Facebook.

She can't get away with lying about it anymore.

Brand X

Sun 11 Sep, 2016 11:15 am
@Lash,
Too much patriotism took her down.
0 Replies

High Strangeness

Sun 11 Sep, 2016 11:26 am
Trump once annoyed me by firing Gary Busey and Mr Sulu from the Apprentice, but apart from that I can't fault him.
He offers America his magnificent brain that made him 10 billion dollars, but what does Hillary offer?
reasoning logic

Sun 11 Sep, 2016 11:34 am
@High Strangeness,
Quote:
He offers America his magnificent brain that made him 10 billion dollars, but what does Hillary offer?

Hitlary is very smart as well. She made a lot of money in a very short time giving speeches. If she had inherited what trump inherited she might be richer than Trump.
0 Replies

High Strangeness

Sun 11 Sep, 2016 11:43 am
Trump never inherited his 10 billion dollars-
Wiki- "Trump has said that when he graduated from college in 1968, he was worth about $200,000 (equivalent to $1,020,000 in 2015)"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Trump
snood

Sun 11 Sep, 2016 12:20 pm
Well it looks like they might finally have something to hang their "Hillary is in bad health" rumors on. The footage of her looking like she's collapsing when leaving the 9/11 events early doesn't look good.

reasoning logic

Sun 11 Sep, 2016 12:23 pm
@High Strangeness,
Quote:
Trump never inherited his 10 billion dollars-
Wiki- "Trump has said that when he graduated from college in 1968, he was worth about $200,000 (equivalent to $1,020,000 in 2015)"

In just 5 years trump was president of The Trump Organization, and oversaw the company's 14,000 apartments across Brooklyn.

With the silver spoon in his mouth he was also given loans that were backed up by his daddy. Do you look up so high at Trump without thinking you too could have made a lot of money if you were given the same environment to live in?
High Strangeness

Sun 11 Sep, 2016 12:30 pm
@reasoning logic,
Trump (like all billionnaires) has a natural gift for making money and would have done so without any silver spoon; for example Lord Alan Sugar started with £50 and sold stuff from the back of a van..Smile
reasoning logic

Sun 11 Sep, 2016 12:30 pm
@snood,
That's nothing. Haven't you ever swallowed a cough drop and it goes down the wrong pipe? someone probably gave her the Heimlich maneuver and she was good to go 90 minutes later.
0 Replies

farmerman

Sun 11 Sep, 2016 12:31 pm
@High Strangeness,
Quote:
"Trump has said that when he graduated from college in 1968, he was worth about $200,000 (equivalent to $1,020,000 in 2015)"

Theres yer problem sir. You actually believe what the Donald says.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Sun 11 Sep, 2016 12:32 pm
@High Strangeness,
Donald Trump is a racial bigot and a xenophobe who doesn't even understand our Constitution. That's all I need to know about this bigot.
0 Replies

High Strangeness

Sun 11 Sep, 2016 12:34 pm
@snood,
Haha the security people cordoned her off and started looking around for a sniper with a silenced rifle..Smile
Mind you that vehicle that pulled up in front of her looked like a bloody hearse so no wonder she freaked, she must have thought it'd come to bury her presidential hopes..Smile