When will Hillary Clinton give up her candidacy ?

Lash

Sat 5 Sep, 2015 11:15 am
@snood,
You ALWAYS get personal first. I think abuse is your favorite interaction with women.

http://able2know.org/topic/275175-43#post-6005532

I asked you more than once to try to stay off personal comments before this began.

It's who you are.

I think you're obsessed with me, and it gets you off to speak viciously toward me. Prove me wrong.
izzythepush

Sat 5 Sep, 2015 11:16 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

You and I have had a conversation about a political situation similar to the Sanders phenomenon across the pond. Corbyn. You said you wouldn't back him because you didn't think he could win.

This is what you said.

Lash wrote:
seems as though we are on par with one another politically - except you are too chicken to vote for the real progressive.

A similar situation. Has Bernie Sanders said he wants to get rid of America's nuclear deterrent? If so then it's similar.

Has Bernie Sanders said he would nationalise the railways?

Andy Burnham, (the guy I voted for,) says he will.

The guy I voted for is far more progressive than the one you keep banging on about.

Or are you saying that if Bernie Sanders decided to unilaterally get rid of America's nuclear weapons you'd still vote for him?

Or, would you vote for him if he pledged to bring the railways into public ownership?

Your problem is that you're pretty ignorant of anything outside your own little bubble. Please don't try to come out of your comfort zone again, it's really quite unbecoming.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Sat 5 Sep, 2015 11:30 am
@Lash,
That was clearly not what I was talking about.

____

Does any other potential presidential candidate match Mr. Sanders' voting record as closely as Ms. Clinton?

match = votes on the same matter
engineer

Sat 5 Sep, 2015 11:40 am
@ehBeth,
That's exactly my point. Clinton is Sanders Lite... or perhaps heavy. Same great p0sitions with twice the baggage! Someone who is passionate about one shouldn't have too large a stretch to get to the second.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Sat 5 Sep, 2015 11:54 am
@ehBeth,
Does Hillary Clinton's positions as pro TPP, pro IWR, pro Homeland Security, pro Patriot Act, pro NSA intercept of domestic calls and e-mails, pro fracking, pro Keystone, pro death penalty, pro three strike, pro prison industry, pro mandatory minimum sentencing match your own? Or does Bernie's stands more match your own?

If Hillary gets the nod I will enthusiastically support her. Can you same about Bernie?
Lash

Sat 5 Sep, 2015 11:55 am
@ehBeth,
Her position on Wall Street, TPP, big money in politics, Glass Steagall, her expedient switch to Gay Rights, fracking...and those were immediate to mind.

She is not worth the gas to the polling station.
Lash

Sat 5 Sep, 2015 11:57 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Thanks. I didn't see yours before I posted approximately the same thing. How ANYONE can say these two are that similar is mindless.
0 Replies

Lash

Sat 5 Sep, 2015 11:59 am
@ehBeth,
Even though that's not what YOU were talking about, it is a major point with thousands of Bernie supporters who would never consider voting for HRC.
bobsal u1553115

Sat 5 Sep, 2015 12:02 pm
@Lash,
Not quite. I will vote for Hillary Clinton if she get the nod. I will enthusiastically support her and help generate the biggest voter turnout possible, because I know the next President will be a Democrat and we need to get that President a better Congress than the one we allowed to ankle bite President Obama.
ehBeth

Sat 5 Sep, 2015 12:05 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:
Or does Bernie's stands more match your own?

If Hillary gets the nod I will enthusiastically support her. Can you same about Bernie?

http://able2know.org/topic/275175-68#post-6023408

I'd be hard-pressed to say I could be enthusiastic about either of them. They're both sort of best of a bad lot to me.
bobsal u1553115

Sat 5 Sep, 2015 12:07 pm
@Lash,
I just don't know how you come to the conclusion that even the most Hillary hating Bernie supporter will not vote for Hillary and risk tRump or any other passenger in GOP clown car.

Somehow I can see you voting for Bush or Walker or Rubio against Bernie.

That worries me.
bobsal u1553115

Sat 5 Sep, 2015 12:09 pm
@ehBeth,
That is the dark secret we all carry.
0 Replies

snood

Sat 5 Sep, 2015 12:16 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

You ALWAYS get personal first. I think abuse is your favorite interaction with women.

http://able2know.org/topic/275175-43#post-6005532

I asked you more than once to try to stay off personal comments before this began.

It's who you are.

I think you're obsessed with me, and it gets you off to speak viciously toward me. Prove me wrong.

I think you're delusional, and have a warped sense of your own importance in the scheme of things. Get over yourself Lash. You bring up things about sexual attraction and perversion and obsession apropos of nothing - with no prompting by anyone. I think once THREE YEARS AGO I said something about you taking a nice profile picture. That is the beginning and end of anything that could be construed as remotely 'boy/girl' in connotation. You throw around words like "obsessed" and "insane" to describe people who just disagree with you, and don't appreciate the way you talk to them.

I think you use your womanhood as a weapon to bash people with because you run out of reasonable things to say. You're mean and petty and yes, abusive. Prove ME wrong.
georgeob1

Sat 5 Sep, 2015 12:16 pm
I am constantly bemused by the apparently widespread tacit assumption here that "progressives" who favor more authoritarian government direction of our economy and social lives are a desirable feature of modern life, something we need more of. If there was any historical lesson to be had from the awful 20th century it was that such ambitious government dsystems very often degenerate into tyranny and reduced economic activity at the hands of dysfunctional bureaucracies that ends up in poverty for all.

Greece today is the product of a generation of progressive governments that inflated government payrolls and control all in the name of fixing various forms of inequality. The net result was corrupt bureaucracies that required payoffs at every turn and increased dependency on "benefits" the government could no longer provide, and the economy they ruined could no longer sustain.

Cynical politicians (Like Hillary Clinton) use progressive rhetoric to get political power - the thing they really seek - while true believers like Bernie Sanders appear to really believe all that ****. In the long run they're both equally dangerous, though I find Bernie a good deal less hateful.

I think we could do well with less of the personal vitriol here. Someone who disagrees with you about these issues is not necessarily your enemy. It's a big world and we're all free to see things as we do, A little more of that freedom and recognition of the freedom of others would do the conversation a little good in my view.

ehBeth

Sat 5 Sep, 2015 12:20 pm
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:
If there was any historical lesson to be had from the awful 20th century it was that such ambitious government

if there's anything I've learned about government and politics over the last 50/60 years is that conservatives/reactionaries grow government, government bureaucracy, government interference in private lives and government spending like they're in the fertilizer business
georgeob1

Sat 5 Sep, 2015 12:28 pm
@ehBeth,
I guess it depends on how you define conservatives and reactionaries. I prefer less government and more individual freedom. I am inherently suspicious of proposed government actions to reform human behavior to achieve desired political ends.

I doubt that anyone would label Lenin, Stalin, Mao and the rest of that tribe as conservative reactionaries, though I suspect many would so label figures like Hitler, Mussolini, etc. I see them as merely a different form of misguided use of political power to control human behavior and suppress freedom.

Read a little about the political history of Greece since WWII and ask yourself which political movement put them in the lamentable condition in which they find themselves now.
0 Replies

Lash

Sat 5 Sep, 2015 12:29 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
I am going on what they say on Twitter and Facebook.

There are traditional Democrats who are authentically progressive who will vote for Hillary as a second choice.

There are a LOT of people coming in from Independent affiliation to vote D in the primaries to support Bernie. I think half of them would vote for Hillary to avoid Rs winning; a solid half will vote protest for the Green party to avoid casting a vote for Hillary - and to send a message to the D establishment that they will not win unless they move left.

There are Republicans who I know who have changed their primary registration and send money to Bernie - who I don't have a bead on as far as their second choices. Looks like they may go back GOP, but I couldn't tell you for who specifically.

Be assured, I have social media relationships with many groups of Bernie supporters who would never cast a vote for HRC.

0 Replies

Lash

Sat 5 Sep, 2015 12:34 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
I can't see what your "not quite" is a response to.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Sat 5 Sep, 2015 01:20 pm
What was the original discussion about ? Very Happy

I would vote for Hilary if it means the Democrats will win, however, I much rather would vote for Bernie Sanders. I cannot even fathom anyone in their right mind voting for the Republican candidates.
Lash

Sat 5 Sep, 2015 02:01 pm
@snood,
You asked me for a picture late one night as you well know. Not that I expected you to be honest.

I'm not leaving here because of you.

I'm not going to allow you to say whatever you please about me with no response.

So, stop making personal attacks against me so the membership doesn't have to see a bunch of bullshit strung all over these pages, unless you're obsessed, of course.