When will Hillary Clinton give up her candidacy ?

Lash

Sat 5 Sep, 2015 08:13 am
@izzythepush,
I've invested my life on being an active part of the solution that BLM is seeking; I actively work at it every day, so I'm not too worried about not yet buying the shirt. (You have to laugh at the connotation.) Anyway, I feel wonderful about that part of who I am.

The rest, if the Living Wage Foundation isn't run by a bunch of mean-spirited skinflints, seems as though we are on par with one another politically - except you are too chicken to vote for the real progressive.

Not much to see here.

engineer

Sat 5 Sep, 2015 08:30 am
@Lash,
Just curious, how does that jive with other candidates you've supported in the past? I can't see anyone with Sanders's beliefs supporting Romney, McCain or a second term for Bush. The alternatives might not be what you wished, but from a Sanders belief system, they were infinitely better than the Republican position.
Frank Apisa

Sat 5 Sep, 2015 08:38 am
@engineer,
engineer wrote:

Just curious, how does that jive with other candidates you've supported in the past? I can't see anyone with Sanders's beliefs supporting Romney, McCain or a second term for Bush. The alternatives might not be what you wished, but from a Sanders belief system, they were infinitely better than the Republican position.

I'm just gonna shake my head...and let you handle this, Engineer.

Almost makes me hope there is a GOD...so I can pray to IT to protect humanity from the zealots.
0 Replies

Lash

Sat 5 Sep, 2015 08:58 am
@engineer,
Two parts to my answer. The first is I've never had a candidate that I agreed with on every issue. I think most people are picking what they consider to be the lesser of two evils. That's what I've done.

I never supported Romney or McCain, though McCain did a few things I agreed with.

The second part of my answer is my views have changed on the economic arm of the socially liberal policies and beliefs I've ALWAYS supported. I was legitimately afraid that a country that spent a great deal on social programs and less on defense would regret sooner rather than later. I was also against universal healthcare. Partly concerned about cost, partly rebelling against an edict from the national government.

I don't think we're far enough into it to understand the pros and cons of the results of universal healthcare, but the previous method of caring for uninsured people wasn't great either. I'm waiting for results.

And this is where I am as a Bernie supporter. I'm so excited about the possibility of cleaning up the slimey corruption that I'm willing to give a chance to his policies that I'm uncomfortable with. I am totally on board with his social policies....and his jobs platform...his drive at Wall Street, TPP, the billionaire class, a serious rise in minimum wage. I'm incredibly thankful to have a politician on the ballot that I'm actually happy to vote for. He's the first politician I'd EVER CONSIDER sending money to - and I've done it twice - gleefully.

I hope this answers your question.

0 Replies

izzythepush

Sat 5 Sep, 2015 08:59 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:
except you are too chicken to vote for the real progressive.

Duh! I don't have a ******* vote. I'm not an American citizen. Don't you know how your elections work? They're not global.
CalamityJane

Sat 5 Sep, 2015 09:07 am
@engineer,
engineer, it takes a lot of courage to change party lines. Actually, your entire view of the world will change when you switch and I think we should compliment Lash that she has acknowledged what the US needs - Democrats!
She not only acknowledged it, she embraced it and she's actively involved promoting her ideas.

She's more compassionate about it that some of you - she's a woman after all Smile However, to go back 10 years and re-roll and bury out all the old grudges, isn't exactly classy either.

I remember when I first came to a2k 11 years ago, I've fought with Lash bitterly. Her outlook in life was the complete opposite of mine, but guess what? Over the years I've learned what she was up against and what she has overcome and how she changed herself and her outlook in life. All I can do is be amazed at her change. Holding it against her is not only counter productive, it's also vicious.

I've seen many a2k people who have never changed their position, on the contrary, they deteriorated to a point where you can't read them anymore. If you look at it from this perspective, you have to give her credit, no?
Lash

Sat 5 Sep, 2015 09:09 am
@izzythepush,
Izzy, I think you're overwrought. You and I have had a conversation about a political situation similar to the Sanders phenomenon across the pond. Corbyn. You said you wouldn't back him because you didn't think he could win.

Go get some water and take a walk or something.
snood

Sat 5 Sep, 2015 09:18 am
@CalamityJane,
Courage is one word to describe the character trait that would allow someone to argue, over a relatively short period, both sides of diametrically opposite worldviews, and then take potshots at others' credibility.

There are other words.
ossobuco

Sat 5 Sep, 2015 09:22 am
@izzythepush,
I know and agree. And no, I didn't vote for any Bush president. And never a Republican in my rather long life. I was a protestor on the Iraq business.

I said Bush was a while ago in reference to you saying Lash voted for him. I maintain she changed her thinking since, but that's for her to say as I don't know her thoughts.
0 Replies

Lash

Sat 5 Sep, 2015 09:24 am
@snood,
You have absolutely no self-awareness. You are the one who spent a week doing that to me and I was silent, waiting for you to go away. You have got to be deeply mentally ill to be so hypocritical when your behavior is in plain view of everyone here.

I never question credibility unless to show someone how it feels after they've done it to me. (laughing) You and your ridiculous playground toughs, Frank and Rabel. What? the girl you were chasing around turned around and gave you a black eye? Gonna cry now?

Why don't you people grow up. Jeez.
CalamityJane

Sat 5 Sep, 2015 09:26 am
@snood,
Yes, that's the word - courage! Smile
0 Replies

ossobuco

Sat 5 Sep, 2015 09:27 am
@Lash,
I'm not sure you get that Izzy is British, and further, that liberal has a different meaning in the British Isles, Canada, and Australia, to name a few. American's take on what liberal means is not the same as a lot of the rest of the world's.

@ossobuco,
edit to say, oops, you do know he's British.

I'd delete this post, but people have probably already read it.
0 Replies

snood

Sat 5 Sep, 2015 09:29 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

You have absolutely no self-awareness. You are the one who spent a week doing that to me and I was silent, waiting for you to go away. You have got to be deeply mentally ill to be so hypocritical when your behavior is in plain view of everyone here.

I never question credibility unless to show someone how it feels after they've done it to me. (laughing) You and your ridiculous playground toughs, Frank and Rabel. What? the girl you were chasing around turned around and gave you a black eye? Gonna cry now?

When you run into a dozen assholes on the same day (especially if you're using the same language to describe them all), unfortunately the truth is not that everyone you meet is an assshole - the asshole is the person looking back in the mirror. You think I'm the only one noticing how many nasty snark duels you're carrying on simultaneously? Carry on, hero goddess teacher activist.
Lash

Sat 5 Sep, 2015 09:46 am
@snood,
I criticize their preferred political candidate, so they respond by attacking me personally.

Sometimes, I return fire.

Another day at A2K.
engineer

Sat 5 Sep, 2015 10:18 am
@CalamityJane,
I don't have any issues with Lash or her preference to Bernie, but her vehement anti-Clinton rhetoric is hard to reconcile with her professed liberal social policies. If it ends up Clinton vs Bush or Rubio, the option there should be completely clear to any Sanders supporter. Clinton is probably not the candidate you want, but Bush or Rubio is the candidate of your nightmares.
revelette2

Sat 5 Sep, 2015 10:38 am
@engineer,
Agreed, to quote a Beatle song, live and let die. I mean you can be very much for someone and be very against someone else without calling names to those who are for whoever they are for. Admittedly Rabel does his share and needs to drop it even if he really believes what he is accusing Lash of.

Also, if Lash really believes in the platform of Bernie Sanders and then turns around and begins to be for a republican who has a completely different platform, well, that would make no sense. However, as I understand it, she said something like voting for a third party or a green candidate. I haven't heard of any running besides Sanders.
snood

Sat 5 Sep, 2015 10:45 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

I criticize their preferred political candidate, so they respond by attacking me personally.

Sometimes, I return fire.

Another day at A2K.

A blind person could see that you get at least as personal and dirty as anyone else. And you often start the mess, though you never own it.
Lash

Sat 5 Sep, 2015 10:50 am
@revelette2,
If you are curious, there's no way in hell I'd vote for any of the current crop of Republicans. I'm still an Independent. I'm hoping I don't have to come up with a second choice. It will never be Hillary Clinton.

Thank you for what I consider to be kind words.

Here is a Green candidate. http://2016.green-party.info/JStein/
0 Replies

ehBeth

Sat 5 Sep, 2015 11:07 am
@engineer,
engineer wrote:
anti-Clinton rhetoric is hard to reconcile with her professed liberal social policies.

when you compare the Sanders/Clinton voting records (on items they both voted on), it's really hard to understand

politicians can talk all they want, but I look at how they've voted.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/28/upshot/the-senate-votes-that-divided-hillary-clinton-and-bernie-sanders.html?_r=1

I prefer what I see of Mr. Sanders' voting record but I'd be surprised if there was another candidate for president who matched his voting record more closely than Ms. Clinton.
Lash

Sat 5 Sep, 2015 11:12 am
@ehBeth,
Compare what kind of people they are and who they take their money from...and you'll more clearly see why her numbers are falling and his are rising.