When will Hillary Clinton give up her candidacy ?

revelette2

Tue 18 Aug, 2015 07:05 am
I don't know how this will end up, personally I doubt anything really big is going to come out although much will be made of it regardless.

State Department refers 305 Clinton emails for review: court filing
0 Replies

engineer

Tue 18 Aug, 2015 08:11 am
I will say that it is disappointing that more Democrats are not running for President. The Democrats had a robust primary slate in 1992 and 2004, but there are a number of decent candidates that are deferring to Clinton. They could spice up the idea debate if they joined in.
revelette2

Tue 18 Aug, 2015 09:15 am
@engineer,
Agreed, even if they didn't put everything into it, it would make it more interesting, plus give us more options than are currently there. A Biden, Clinton, Gore, and Sanders debate would be interesting.
hawkeye10

Tue 18 Aug, 2015 09:20 am
@revelette2,
revelette2 wrote:

Agreed, even if they didn't put everything into it, it would make it more interesting, plus give us more options than are currently there. A Biden, Clinton, Gore, and Sanders debate would be interesting.
We are picking a leader here, not trying to keep you entertained.
Miller

Tue 18 Aug, 2015 10:00 am
@hawkeye10,
Biden and Sanders would both be dead from cardiovascular disease etc. before we even have the election.
hawkeye10

Tue 18 Aug, 2015 03:57 pm
This would be incendiary if true

Quote:
Ed Henry reported the latest this afternoon on new revelations that Hillary Clinton's private email server was housed in the bathroom closet of a Denver loft apartment.

The Daily Mail is reporting that Clinton chose a small IT company called Platte River Networks to handle her email servers. The company was run out of an apartment and its servers were reportedly kept in the bathroom closet.

The article says that the firm has strong ties to the Democratic Party.

The Mail reported:

Daily Mail Online tracked down ex-employees of Platte River Networks in Denver, Colorado, who revealed the outfit's strong links to the Democratic Party but expressed shock that the 2016 presidential candidate chose the small private company for such a sensitive job.

One, Tera Dadiotis, called it 'a mom and pop shop' which was an excellent place to work, but hardly seemed likely to be used to secure state secrets. And Tom Welch, who helped found the company, confirmed the servers were in a bathroom closet.

It can also be disclosed that the small number of employees who were aware of the Clinton contract were told to keep it secret.
Clinton has previously said that her servers were at her home in Chappaqua, New York.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2015/08/18/report-hillary-clinton-email-server-was-kept-bathroom-closet-denver

We already dont trust her, we are not going to take the disrespect of being lied to about important matters.
hawkeye10

Tue 18 Aug, 2015 04:00 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
"If you accept the job of secretary of state, you inevitably surrender some of your privacy," Robinson asserts. "Any public official's work-related emails are the modern equivalent of the letters, memos and diaries that fill the National Archives. They tell our nation’s history and belong to all of us.

"Even if your name is Clinton, you have no right to unilaterally decide what is included and what is not."

Rather than insulting Americans' intelligence "by claiming she only did what other secretaries of state had done," Clinton owes us all an apology, Robinson says. "None of her predecessors, after all, went to the trouble and expense of a private email server."
"She stonewalled for so long — there’s no other word for her stance — that recent pledges of openness and cooperation ring hollow," Robinson writes.

"If Clinton now has political problems because of the emails — or, potentially, even legal trouble — it’s her own doing"

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/hillary-email-top-secret-fault/2015/08/18/id/670591/#ixzz3jCrWk08K

A Clinton apology would be novel, the SOP is to blame other people for all of her mistakes, or else refuse to admit that she made a mistake.
hawkeye10

Tue 18 Aug, 2015 04:27 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
BOB WOODWARD: It's extraordinary. And, again, it's the volume. 60,000 e-mails and Hillary Clinton has said 30,000 of them, half, were personal and they were deleted.

Who decided that? What's on those e-mails?

I would love to have all 60,000, read them, it would be a character study about her personal life and, also, what she did as secretary of State.

And let's step back for a moment the big question about Hillary Clinton is, who is she. Is she this secretive, hidden person, or is she this valiant public servant.

Look at those 60,000 e-mails, and you're going to get some answers.

And there's a hydraulic pressure always in the system here. You've got the FBI, you've got the inspector generals, you've got lots of people in government who are furious, because they spent hours being trained, like the example of Madeleine Albright. You have to be careful about this...

I mean, what was the origin? Who knew about this idea of using a private server? When I first read about that, it's unimaginable...

Follow the trail here. You know, there are all of these e-mails. Well, they were sent to someone or someone sent them to her. So if things have been erased here, there's a way to go back to who originated these e-mails or who received them from Hillary Clinton. So you've got a massive amount of data.

It, in a way, reminds me of the Nixon tapes. Thousands of hours of secretly recorded conversations that Nixon thought were exclusively his, that they were not going to get out. Hillary Clinton initially took that position: I'm not turning this over. There's going to be no cooperation.

Now they're cooperating.

But, this is -- this has to go on a long, long time. And the answers are probably not going to be pretty.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2015/08/17/bob_woodward_clinton_emails_remind_me_of_the_nixon_tapes.html
0 Replies

korkamann

Tue 18 Aug, 2015 04:45 pm
@Miller,
Quote:

Biden and Sanders would both be dead from cardiovascular disease etc. before we even have the election.

Who are we to make such a statement. Has anyone taken a personal physical of either of these two men beyond their personal physician? There are no signs that either could not finish out the election. Besides, they both seem in good physical health. (Not that I'm advocating for either to be president, but just addressing the obvious.) People are living longer today, and each gets annual checkups....neither smokes. Look at Jimmy Carter who is 90 and just now feeling his mortality. A lot depends on DNA. Sanders certainly seems in good shape to me as does Biden. Now 80 years old is a different scenario. But the both of them could serve at least one term, making sure their VP is someone who could carry on if something were to happen to the president.
hawkeye10

Tue 18 Aug, 2015 07:10 pm
Quote:
That is a part of the ordinary process," Clinton said, arguing that whether she had a personal server or not, there would be a process in releasing her emails to the public. "Everybody is acting like this first time this has ever happened, it happens all the time."

As she walked away from reporters, one shouted a question about whether this story will hang with her campaign until Election Day.

"Nobody talks to me about it," Clinton said, "other than you guys."

http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/18/politics/hillary-clinton-email-controversy/index.html

1) this is about government documents staying inside the government, and about the courts and Congresses ability to look at these government documents, along with what the people get to see

2) if she and her staff are not talking about this then she should be disqualified for a run at president for incompetence. I figure she is lying again.

Both Obama's justice and state departments are looking into this as well as the courts...ya gotta wonder if Obama is going to let them go after Clinton in the attempt to preserve at least a little legacy on his long ago promise to run the most transparent administration in history, a promise that he failed miserably at keeping.
0 Replies

Lash

Wed 19 Aug, 2015 02:52 am
How much damn money is this woman costing my government to check behind her and make sure her petulance and stiff-necked elitism haven't handed Russia and China classified information that may risk lives? She should pay for this investigation.
hawkeye10

Wed 19 Aug, 2015 03:01 am
@Lash,
We are not going to be able to know if the Russians and/or Chinese have her server downloaded. And they are not going to tell us till the exact right time.

I say we just assume that they have it, and will take Hillary down. Hope for the best, plan for the worst.

The D party really screwed the pooch on this one, and they are only just now beginning to understand.

BTW Hillary is getting testy. And she looks like ****. I think she is beginning to understand the score as well.
hawkeye10

Wed 19 Aug, 2015 05:23 am
Quote:
And positive impressions of Clinton continue to fade. Among all adults, the new poll finds 44% hold a favorable view of her, 53% an unfavorable one, her most negative favorability rating since March 2001.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/19/politics/2016-poll-hillary-clinton-joe-biden-bernie-sanders/index.html

It seems that the D's a shell shocked....it is very very clear that they need to recruit someone, but they claim they cant according to the journalists. And to think that we used to be the can do nation.
izzythepush

Wed 19 Aug, 2015 05:35 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
And to think that we used to be the can do nation.

You can thank Dubya for that. He made a complete pig's ear of Iraq and Afghanistan, and his tax cuts for the rich almost flushed you right down the shitter when the credit crunch happened.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Wed 19 Aug, 2015 05:41 am
@hawkeye10,
Then why the GOP clown car?
bobsal u1553115

Wed 19 Aug, 2015 05:43 am
@hawkeye10,
Too bad the law didn't reflect that. Change the law.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Wed 19 Aug, 2015 05:45 am
@bobsal u1553115,
because qualified people dont want the gig. Washington is a Sewer and the people have no respect for politicians.
izzythepush

Wed 19 Aug, 2015 05:50 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Washington is a Sewer and the people have no respect for politicians.

And they have respect for you?
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Wed 19 Aug, 2015 05:51 am
@hawkeye10,
Compose yourself, Hawk, you'll be swooning in a half a mo. Compared to any one of a half dozen reported Chinese/Russian incursions into Federal computers of the last six month, a hypothetical breach of the "bathroom" server doesn't amount to a moth's fart.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Wed 19 Aug, 2015 05:53 am
@hawkeye10,
Knowing people who've worked in Federal government I can tell you that's just plain wrong. You don't really take that Tea Party nonsense seriously, do you?