When will Hillary Clinton give up her candidacy ?

Cycloptichorn

Fri 19 Aug, 2016 01:50 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

I'll keep that in mind when you offer up one of your leftwing propaganda sites, for crissakes, as authoratative

They do have a point. Even within the right-wing web world, there's quality and crap. Your earlier link to Hot Air is a great example of quality as that's a great site that has a good reputation and cares about accuracy. Breitbart literally doesn't give a **** what they print, the more outrageous and shocking, the better.

Breitbart himself must be rolling over in his grave by now.

Cycloptichorn
Finn dAbuzz

Fri 19 Aug, 2016 01:53 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
That may be, but snood is hardly one to pass judgment on political sites.
ehBeth

Fri 19 Aug, 2016 02:00 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
A Sanders supporter using usapolitics, Breitbart and similar right-wing sites as sources is quite different from a Democrat or liberal using left/centre-left sites as references, and, no, it is not evidence of an open mind.

___

Want people to trust/respect your references? Look at this list and pick a reference from the top.

This chart is a bit dated, but still reasonably true (I'm using it since it's the one with the most common sources seen on US/US-focused forums)

http://www.businessinsider.com/here-are-the-most-and-least-trusted-news-outlets-in-america-2014-10

about the source study http://www.journalism.org/2014/10/21/about-the-study-2/

(and for media nerds .... http://www.journalism.org/2016/07/07/trust-and-accuracy/ )
Blickers

Fri 19 Aug, 2016 02:01 pm
George Soros? Isn't he the Hungarian-American who as a young boy survived the Nazi occupation of Hungary, (he is of the Jewish faith), by hiding out?

I would think he could fund any group he damned well wants. Where's the fire?
Finn dAbuzz

Fri 19 Aug, 2016 02:03 pm
@ehBeth,
No, I don't agree.

Why are your left-wing sites more sensible than right-wing ones?

You and others in this forum have consistently made the mistake of categorizing Lash as a Democrat/Progressive apostate.
ehBeth

Fri 19 Aug, 2016 02:03 pm
@ehBeth,
and while I was sourcing that ^^ this thread witnessed

Quote:

Political differences emerge here with conservative Republicans most likely to think that news organizations are one-sided.

This ideological difference is reinforced by earlier research that asked about trust of individual news organizations. Of the 36 sources asked about in our 2014 survey, 28 of them were trusted more than distrusted by respondents who expressed consistently liberal political views across a range of questions about political values; 24 of them were distrusted more than trusted by consistent conservatives.

Finn dAbuzz

Fri 19 Aug, 2016 02:06 pm
@Blickers,
Please.

Do a little more research. Collaborator is a word often associated with him.

Yes, he can fund whatever group he wants just as the Koch brothers can. Are you OK with their funding choices?

I doubt it.

Finn dAbuzz

Fri 19 Aug, 2016 02:07 pm
@ehBeth,
And that means exactly what?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Fri 19 Aug, 2016 02:08 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Of course you don't agree.

The studies say you won't. You're responding as they predict.

__

for those interested in the chart but nervous about following links

http://www.journalism.org/files/2014/10/PJ_14.10.21_mediaPolarization-01.png
Finn dAbuzz

Fri 19 Aug, 2016 02:10 pm
@ehBeth,
The "studies" are nonsense as respects anything other than confirming people trust the sites they are inclined to agree with.

ehBeth

Fri 19 Aug, 2016 02:19 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Why are your left-wing sites more sensible than right-wing ones?

That's not what I said.

My suggestion is that someone who claimed to support Mr. Sanders (and used a particular group of left-wing whack sites to back up that position) should stick to that initial set of sites instead of switching to right-wing sites once Mr. Sanders suspended his campaign.

If Mrs. Clinton gives up her candidacy/is forced out, and Mr. Sanders somehow resurfaces, it will be amusing to watch the reference site allegiance switch back again.
ehBeth

Fri 19 Aug, 2016 02:23 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I'm curious how you explain the results for the Wall Street Journal.
Cycloptichorn

Fri 19 Aug, 2016 02:32 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:

My suggestion is that someone who claimed to support Mr. Sanders (and used a particular group of left-wing whack sites to back up that position) should stick to that initial set of sites instead of switching to right-wing sites once Mr. Sanders suspended his campaign.

I also noted this during the primary. Seems like sites such as Inquisitur, US Uncut, and even Telesur were shamelessly exploiting Sanders fans for clicks by telling them what they wanted to hear.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Lash

Fri 19 Aug, 2016 02:37 pm
@ehBeth,
Sanders isn't running.
Hillary is.
What do you say about HER?
0 Replies

Lash

Fri 19 Aug, 2016 02:39 pm
@snood,
I DID cite Breitbart, notably because it is an established fact that the MSM is in Hillary's pocket. You are mistaken.
0 Replies

Lash

Fri 19 Aug, 2016 02:41 pm
@ehBeth,
It's crushingly hypocritical when you don't see how you cloy to the converse - smh. Don't you SEE what you're doing??
0 Replies

Lash

Fri 19 Aug, 2016 02:45 pm
@ehBeth,
Bernie isn't in the presidential race. Why so doggedly distracted from YOUR preferred candidate?? You're quite married to the lesser of evils duopolies for a Canajun.

Very disappointing. I'd always believed you to be a free-thinking liberal, and you've proved me wrong.

What are you? An establishment corporatist like the rest of the pretenders here?
cicerone imposter

Fri 19 Aug, 2016 02:52 pm
@Lash,
As of today, Hillary's lead over Donald is only 4%. There's a good chance Trump can still win. I'm discouraged that a racial bigot like Trump can win the presidency in this country.
snood

Fri 19 Aug, 2016 03:00 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

I'll keep that in mind when you offer up one of your leftwing propaganda sites, for crissakes, as authoratative

Do you dispute that Breitbart is a dedicated rightwing source?
Which sites do you call leftwing propaganda?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Fri 19 Aug, 2016 03:01 pm
@ehBeth,
Take that up with Lash