When will Hillary Clinton give up her candidacy ?

Finn dAbuzz

Fri 19 Aug, 2016 03:02 pm
@ehBeth,
I never try to explain these survey/polls as I don't have a lot of faith in them.
0 Replies

snood

Fri 19 Aug, 2016 03:03 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

That may be, but snood is hardly one to pass judgment on political sites.

So you don't dispute the judgement that Breitbart is a bottom trolling propaganda site, you just don't think I should be able to say so?
0 Replies

snood

Fri 19 Aug, 2016 03:06 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
Why are your left-wing sites more sensible than right-wing ones?

Again, if you're not just knee jerking your rightwing defense...

What left-wing sites to you hold as equivalent to Breitbart, in indiscriminate rabble rousing proipaganda? Can you name any you see as equivalent?
Lash

Fri 19 Aug, 2016 03:10 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Me too. It's horrifying. If our current system wasn't so damned corrupt, it would be impossible that two such ogres could be at the top of American politics.

The fact that they are is clear evidence that our system is broken. We have to retool it. That's my goal.
cicerone imposter

Fri 19 Aug, 2016 03:17 pm
@Lash,
It's a shame, but at my age, I'm no longer interesting in working to change the politics of this country. Any way, my one vote is meaningless in California, although I will continue to vote in each election.
Lash

Fri 19 Aug, 2016 03:25 pm
@cicerone imposter,
That's all we can do. Share our thoughts and vote. Peace to you.
0 Replies

snood

Fri 19 Aug, 2016 03:49 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

Me too. It's horrifying. If our current system wasn't so damned corrupt, it would be impossible that two such ogres could be at the top of American politics.

The fact that they are is clear evidence that our system is broken. We have to retool it. That's my goal.

Really? That's your goal? If one tried to judge from your posts I bet they'd say your goal is seeing Hillary Clinton disgraced, driven from politics and imprisoned. Guess I just need to read between the lines.
Blickers

Fri 19 Aug, 2016 04:36 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote Finn:
Quote:
Do a little more research. Collaborator is a word often associated with him [Soros].
Collaborating with who? Trump's already clearly collaborating with Putin's interests and associates, so that gig is taken. Who is Soros supposedlycollaborating with?

Quote:
Yes, he [Soros] can fund whatever group he wants just as the Koch brothers can. Are you OK with their funding choices?

Their funding choices are horrific, usually. So why does this mean that Soros' are?

Just as an example-would you agree that Herman Cain was a terrible choice for a presidential candidate? Well, Cain went to visit the Koch brothers and and pronounced one of the Kochs his "brother from another mother". So that's a pretty bad Koch choice right there. Not to mention the Koch push so-called "education" groups that pronounce global warming a hoax, and they just happen to be in the coal business.
Lash

Fri 19 Aug, 2016 04:57 pm
@snood,
Clinton IS disgraced if you're paying attention. Recognizing it is YOUR job.

I can't disgrace her. Only she can. All you have to do is pay attention and overcome bias.
snood

Fri 19 Aug, 2016 05:35 pm
@Lash,
Oh that's good news for you. So you're freed up to pursue fixing the government.
Lash

Fri 19 Aug, 2016 05:36 pm
@snood,
I either support the status quo or fight against it. In my view, there's only one choice.
snood

Fri 19 Aug, 2016 06:07 pm
@Lash,
Soldier on
Lash

Fri 19 Aug, 2016 06:17 pm
@snood,
Know I will.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Fri 19 Aug, 2016 06:21 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Lash wasn't the one trying to mistranslate something I said.

See you around.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Fri 19 Aug, 2016 09:02 pm
This is only for the big girls and boys who are able to set aside their conformation biases for a moment.
"Please beware, if you have ethical radius problems this video may not be for you"

0 Replies

DrewDad

Sat 20 Aug, 2016 11:11 am
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:
I went back and researched all the presidential elections back into the 1800s where the candidate with the most popular votes lost out in the Electoral College. I found out that in all five cases, the popular vote winner and Electoral College loser had less than a 2% advantage in the popular vote.

And by "I went back and researched," do you mean that you read a blog post on 538?
Finn dAbuzz

Sat 20 Aug, 2016 11:24 am
@snood,
Media Matters for one and The Daily Koz for two.

Now you are going to go on about how they're not. It's boring dance.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Sat 20 Aug, 2016 11:33 am
@Blickers,
Collaborating with the Nazis.

There are two sides to every story and his is that he was an innocent teenager caught up in things beyond his control, and that may very well be the case, but there are those who believe otherwise. There's certainly more of a case that he collaborated with Nazis than there is that Trump is collaborating with Putin.

You've been defending Soros' right to fund whatever political movements he wishes to and I agree, he certainly can, but then so can the Koch Brothers. If you're not among those on the Left who have argued the Koch Brothers need to be stopped, then you're not being a hypocrite. If you are...
Blickers

Sat 20 Aug, 2016 11:54 am
@DrewDad,
No, I went back to Wikipedia and looked up all the elections to find the ones where the popular vote winner lost. This was just after the 2000 elections. It took awhile. When I had gotten past the mid 1800s I decided I had gone far enough.
0 Replies

Blickers

Sat 20 Aug, 2016 12:09 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
There's pretty strong evidence that Trump is carrying out Putin's fondest foreign policy wish for America-namely Trump said he wants to withdraw from NATO if the other members don't meet certain criteria. Trump also has financial interests in Russia, has spoken glowingly of Putin's personal qualities, (and Putin of Trump), and has said he wants to shift our focus on national security from defending democratic countries from totalitarian expansionism to dealing with totalitarian countries on the basis of "shared interests". So in other words, if Russia offers us a nice deal as long as we don't bitch about Russian tanks moving into Poland and Hungary, Trump is listening. Everything is on the table if the deal works out for America. Beautiful.

Oh yes, and the fellow who was running Trump's campaign until yesterday is the guy who was showing the pro-Russian Ukrainian party, (which you know Putin is behind), how to funnel money to America to lobby for legislation a pro-Russian party would like. And there's more. So I don't know what evidence you have for George Soros starring in "I Was A Teenage Nazi Collaborator" in the 1940s, but it's got a high bar to jump over to be stronger than the evidence that Trump is tied in with Putin.