When will Hillary Clinton give up her candidacy ?

Blickers

Tue 16 Aug, 2016 08:37 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote Baldimo:
Quote:
Moreover there is a certain cynical quality and lack of shame to the Clintonian pattern of lies and deception - they appear not to even make much effort to conceal their wrongdoing,

You were complaining that Obama said that Russia was not the US' number one national security threat anymore while Romney said it was. You said that Romney showed Obama up when Russia invaded and annexed the Crimea. Now you are backing off and saying well, we can handle both. But that was not the question, and that was not what you were complaining about.

In my opinion Russia's threat with taking over Crimea and having troops in Ukraine is still not the top national security threat, international terrorism is. And Obama did handle the Russian threat, not with armed force but by squeezing Russia big time economically. Russia, which has a lousy economy in the best of times, is now in a Depression with the ruble worth less than half what it was two years ago. International terrorism can blow up a building with several hundred innocent people in it tomorrow.
cicerone imposter

Tue 16 Aug, 2016 08:41 pm
@Blickers,
Why Baldimo has to criticize Hillary who has devoted her life to helping others is mind boggling.

http://leadercall.com/2016/07/bill-clinton-praises-hillarys-early-work-helping-children/
0 Replies

Blickers

Tue 16 Aug, 2016 09:17 pm
Error: I gave the wrong quote about what Baldimo said. What Baldimo actually said was:
Quote:
They are technically 2 different issue with national security. The CIA would be involved with the Russia issue and the FBI on the US terror issue. Both agencies should have the proper funding to deal with their responsibilities

Since Baldimo was earlier complaining that in the 2012 debate Romney said that Russia was the US' number one national security threat and that Russia's takeover of the Crimea proved Romney right, I just asked Baldimo if he thought that Russia was a greater national security concern than terrorism. It's true we can face both at the same time, at least we can if we stay in NATO, but I don't see how anyone can say Russia is a greater national security threat than terrorism.
cicerone imposter

Tue 16 Aug, 2016 09:36 pm
@Blickers,
Sounds reasonable to me, but I'm expressing an opinion without full knowledge.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Tue 16 Aug, 2016 10:32 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

Quote:
hey will make cuts in other areas to avoid inconveniencing defense plants in their districts.

Like cuts in health care, education. mental health facilities, food for the needy and other unnecessary stuff.

Exactly, but life goes on for Congress without a blip, their medical needs are always met without a wait, they are supposed to pay for the food they consume in the House and Senate cafeterias (they actually have fine chefs who plan and manage what's offered) sometimes our legislators run up tabs and 'forget' to pay, but that's because they are very important and don't think a great deal about the swell things they have access to gratis Uncle Sam.
cicerone imposter

Tue 16 Aug, 2016 10:54 pm
@glitterbag,
I was priviledged to have been invited by Norm Mineta with a small group to have lunch in the House cafeteria. It was when my nephew got married in South Carolina, and my sister, niece and I went to Washington DC for a vacation. That's when I took my sister and niece to see Les Miz at the Kennedy Center.
0 Replies

Real Music

Wed 17 Aug, 2016 12:38 am
@cicerone imposter,

Thanks for posting this link. This link really sums up Fox News method of making up facts that don't exist. In other words, lies.
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
DrewDad

Wed 17 Aug, 2016 06:43 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:
she never sends out thank you notes

Dammit! That, I can't abide!

<I'm gonna steal that line....>
0 Replies

izzythepush

Wed 17 Aug, 2016 08:37 am
@Builder,
Builder wrote:
I have a real job. Maybe you could try it sometime?

Those Booglywonglywoogalows won't clean themselves.
Finn dAbuzz

Wed 17 Aug, 2016 09:00 am
@RABEL222,
The Secretary of Defense and the Pentagon answers to the president. He doesn't need a law that says "eliminate waste" to order those who report to him to do so.
Builder

Wed 17 Aug, 2016 03:51 pm
@izzythepush,
You don't appear to have a job either, Iz, (standup comedy aside), so get onto the evidence, man. Lots of info in a searchable database, right here.

RABEL222

Wed 17 Aug, 2016 05:11 pm
@Builder,
Jealous? Perhaps like me he has worked most of his life to get the chance to retire and stay on the computer.
RABEL222

Wed 17 Aug, 2016 05:14 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Thus military airplanes that the military dident want, but congress forced on then because plants might be shut down in the congressmens districts.
0 Replies

Blickers

Wed 17 Aug, 2016 09:13 pm
^^Warning!! 6,000 word speech above ^^
cicerone imposter

Wed 17 Aug, 2016 09:21 pm
@Blickers,
I just put him on IGNORE.
Doesn't this site have rules against SPAM?
Blickers

Wed 17 Aug, 2016 09:23 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I figured if someone had him on ignore but decided what the heck, let's just peek, that they deserved a warning.

As far as the spam goes, you might have a point.
0 Replies

Builder

Wed 17 Aug, 2016 09:46 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:
Perhaps like me he has worked most of his life to get the chance to retire and stay on the computer.

Wow! Thanks for the laugh. That's really something to aim for.