When will Hillary Clinton give up her candidacy ?

cicerone imposter

Tue 16 Aug, 2016 03:12 pm
@Baldimo,
Funding comes from congress, not the president.
Baldimo

Tue 16 Aug, 2016 03:43 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Correct, but funding has nothing to do with priorities set by the President. Congress does not set the tone for what the intelligence agencies do on national security, not too mention the FBI and the CIA have two different mandates and area's of responsibility and what they monitor depends on what the President says is a priority. The FBI deals with domestic issues and the CIA deals with foreign soil issues.
cicerone imposter

Tue 16 Aug, 2016 03:49 pm
@Baldimo,
Without funding from congress to fund any government agency, they will not exist. I think most are aware of the waste in the defense department. That's the fault of congress.
Finn dAbuzz

Tue 16 Aug, 2016 03:53 pm
@cicerone imposter,
No, that's the fault of the entire government.

If there is waste, the Pentagon allows it. If the Pentagon allows it, the president allows it.

Congress could do something about it, but it's a lot easier for the Executive branch to do so.
Finn dAbuzz

Tue 16 Aug, 2016 03:54 pm
Flex those muscles! You are Woman...ROAR!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Tue 16 Aug, 2016 03:55 pm
@Baldimo,
I'm not worried about the FBI or the CIA. What worries me more is the waste in the Defense Department.
http://fedscoop.com/lawmaker-congress-fault-chronic-wasteful-spending/

Most remember the $600 hammer, but many don't know about the $640 toilet seat.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Tue 16 Aug, 2016 04:02 pm
Consulting with your husband for a retort?
glitterbag

Tue 16 Aug, 2016 04:10 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Without funding from congress to fund any government agency, they will not exist. I think most are aware of the waste in the defense department. That's the fault of congress.

Congress can and has shut down funding when they are peeved. Despite the goals of any President, nothing happens until Congress agrees to fund it. Congress seldom concerns itself with the goals of a President, they are more concerned with the Government contracts earmarked for the industry in their States. When the Pentagon complains that they don't want or need costly and
useless jets, tanks et al, Congress ignores it because it means jobs in their districts. They don't care if it's necessary for the defense of our country, they will make cuts in other areas to avoid inconveniencing defense plants in their districts. (It could cost them them votes, and possibly their seats)
cicerone imposter

Tue 16 Aug, 2016 04:14 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
they are more concerned with the Government contracts earmarked for the industry in their States

That's the impression I've been getting from the few readings that have been available to the public.
Baldimo

Tue 16 Aug, 2016 04:22 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Nothing you said deals with what their area's of responsibility are. They each get their funding and they each have their different missions. None of that has anything to do with what they consider to be a national security threat. That is dictated by the President not Congress. Congress might divvy up the funds but that is it.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Tue 16 Aug, 2016 04:24 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Consulting with your husband for a retort?

I tried, but he said he won't help me anymore.

PS, what's it like living in your caveman/rocket scientist fantasy? Seriously, you are so refreshingly and consistently boorish I wonder whose ego you use. But, if you are feeling all chest puffy and macho then I'm happy for you. All I ever needed to know about you was captured in your remark at the top of this post. The only thing that could make me laugh harder is if you say your Dad can beat up my Dad. Hahahahahahahahahaha. I bet the rest of the men here are also doubled over and laughing their Finn's off. Dude, you kill me.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Tue 16 Aug, 2016 04:26 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Quote:
they are more concerned with the Government contracts earmarked for the industry in their States

That's the impression I've been getting from the few readings that have been available to the public.

The Washington Post covers a lot of those contract fights with House members. I'll try to remember to send you tip-offs when the stories surface.
cicerone imposter

Tue 16 Aug, 2016 04:32 pm
@glitterbag,
Thanks. T.
Just remembering when Lockheed got a bunch of government contracts. My best friend worked for General Dynamics and Lockheed. He was one of the first software engineers. He learned his craft when we both lived in Chicago in the mid-fifties.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Tue 16 Aug, 2016 05:44 pm
@RABEL222,

Quote:
Reason, did you notice this was a Fox news plant? Who in their right mind pays any attention to a Fox news plant?

Of course I noticed it was a fox news report. Do you think that fox news gets everything wrong 100% of the time and liberal media gets it correct 100% of the time?

I think that we all get our subjective human reality wrong at times.
snood

Tue 16 Aug, 2016 06:42 pm
@reasoning logic,
Yeah, Fox News has really earned the right to be given the benefit of a doubt that every story isn't slanted.

Shocked
cicerone imposter

Tue 16 Aug, 2016 06:46 pm
@snood,
It's easy to factcheck Fox News.
http://mediamatters.org/blog/2016/08/15/video-how-right-wing-lies-becomes-mainstream-news/212376
RABEL222

Tue 16 Aug, 2016 07:27 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Congress makes the laws and appropriates the money to run government. The president applies the laws passed by congress. The president cant help the fact that congress dosent usually know whats in the laws they pass..
RABEL222

Tue 16 Aug, 2016 07:28 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Shocked Did you say something relevant? Shocked
0 Replies

RABEL222

Tue 16 Aug, 2016 07:33 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
hey will make cuts in other areas to avoid inconveniencing defense plants in their districts.

Like cuts in health care, education. mental health facilities, food for the needy and other unnecessary stuff.
Lash

Tue 16 Aug, 2016 08:12 pm
@maporsche,
You? Criminally naive.
0 Replies