When will Hillary Clinton give up her candidacy ?

Blickers

Tue 16 Aug, 2016 12:41 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote Baldimo:
Quote:
2 years later they annexed Crimea and Obama was left looking stupid

Okay, I'll put it to you: Which would you regard as the greater threat-Russia invading and annexing Crimea, or terrorists blowing up several buildings full of people in America? Where would you put your priorities?
glitterbag

Tue 16 Aug, 2016 12:47 pm
@DrewDad,
What I always find amusing is that folks like Finny think that those who may vote for Hillary are Hillary worshipers, sort of in the way the folks who voted for McCain, Romney and the newest star in the program 'Trump' assume their candidates are worship worthy. And if they can just get you to admit that Hillary has made some flubs in the past, you will roll over and start screaming that harpy Hillary has murdered people, she lies, she steals, she's a re-gifter, she never sends out thank you notes, she's dishonest and crooked and she is a founding member of the "I hate America" foundation and the biggest sin of all, she was paid huge amounts of moolah to give speeches around the country. When you get right down to it, who the hell does she think she is???? It's not like she was a Senator from New York or the Secretary of State....oh crap, she was, never mind.

This is the folly of the Hillary haters, they desperately want to believe that those who will vote for Hillary have not paid attention to the important things, like Hillary has been known to wear white after Labor Day. For those of us who want to see our country led by grown ups , we can't be bothered with notshit stuff like how she wears her hair or her laugh. And we won't support a pisspants crybaby who already is claiming the only way he loses is if the election is rigged. I refuse to support a dangerous and stupid authoritarian who hints he will bring back a organization that ferrets out and punishes anyone who doesn't think as he does. If any of our members are still fools who think it would be great to take our country back and Trump will do that, crack open a history book and read about McCarthy and the House UnAmerican Committee. That committee was really the Thought Police that today's fringe folks warn about. You think PC has ruined the country, just imagine what it will look like when our patriotic Trump Imam's are allowed to root out anyone who doesn't think properly enough to be an American. Think you are safe???? Think again.

Finn dAbuzz

Tue 16 Aug, 2016 01:09 pm
@glitterbag,
Sound and fury, signifying nothing.
georgeob1

Tue 16 Aug, 2016 01:13 pm
@parados,
I believe few people care about how many cell phones Hillary had over time or how frequently she replaced them. Instead I suspect the concerns relate to a series of implausible and indeed somewhat tortured "explanations" for the great trouble she went to in creating a private server for her e mail correspondence, including her official communications as Secretary of State, and doing so in clear violation of Federal Policy and even State Department policies she issued herself applying to all State Department Employees, including herself.

I don't doubt the validity of her concerns about privacy in the very fractious political world we inhabit today. However, her actions removed her official correspondence from access in State Department responses to FOIA requests ( a matter of Law), and more importantly put that correspondence at great risk to hacking ( which might leave no trace at all). This was clearly a serious breech of her responsibility, and finally, as information she was required to protect was involved, of law as well. (I know you will argue she wasn't indicted, but it is obvious from the substance Director Comey's remarks that a political fix was protecting her).

I believe the most important issue in the public mind is the pattern of rather inept deceit and lies so transparent as to make one wonder about the state of mind of the person who does it so habitually. Is she that cynical, or does she really believe these rules don't apply to her? What will (or won't) she do when the stakes are even higher?

There is no doubt that most or all of the attacks on Hillary are politically motivated. Its a safe bet that all such attacks on political candidates during this election season are partly politically motivated. That, however, doesn't make them either invalid or untrue.

Moreover there is a certain cynical quality and lack of shame to the Clintonian pattern of lies and deception - they appear not to even make much effort to conceal their wrongdoing, whether it is flouting laws applying to official correspondence and classified material; clear conflicts of interests in having their personal aides employed by both the Clinton Foundation and the government; influence peddling through favors to donors and others paying steep fees for their many speeches, or "accidental meetings on the tarmac at the Phoenix Airport (by parties with no apparent reason for stopping there given their planned destinations).

None of this does the country much good in terms of protecting our standards for the behavior of public officials. Nations become cynical and corrupt over time when such things persist - the end point is something like Argentina, ... or worse. The persistence of slavish claims by her supporters that, since there is no proof of a hacking of her home server, Hillary has done no harm, and no foul should result - given the recent release of previously undetect hacked data from the DNC servers is likely an indicator that some damage to the nation's standards has already been done in this area.

We face a real Hobson's choice in the coming election, and the country is in many ways more divided and polarized than at any time in my memory. I fear that little good will come out of the forthcoming election, no matter who wins.
Finn dAbuzz

Tue 16 Aug, 2016 01:18 pm
@georgeob1,
Well said
0 Replies

maporsche

Tue 16 Aug, 2016 01:30 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Maybe you're not cynical. Maybe you are one of the most naive persons I've ever encountered.

One or the other.

I'm a realist. I mostly deal in facts, proof, and logic Finn. I also don't deal in black and white, there are many shades of grey.
parados

Tue 16 Aug, 2016 01:34 pm
@georgeob1,
The tortured explanations are how the use of a private server, which was perfectly legal, should somehow make her disqualified to be President.

Quote:
her actions removed her official correspondence from access in State Department responses to FOIA requests
No, it didn't. The majority of her correspondence was captured by State Department servers. The number of work emails that didn't go to other State Department employees was very small and most of them were quite benign.

Quote:
more importantly put that correspondence at great risk to hacking
The risk was no greater than any of the non secure email on any Federal email service.

Quote:
This was clearly a serious breech of her responsibility
In your opinion perhaps but not in any real sense. She was a bit naive to think that her emails would be saved as required because they went to others at State but that is simply someone that doesn't know much about IT, not some nefarious attempt to get around saving any emails at all.

Quote:
as information she was required to protect was involved, of law as well. (I know you will argue she wasn't indicted, but it is obvious from the substance Director Comey's remarks that a political fix was protecting her).
Complete and utter bullshit from you. Comey stated that NO ONE has ever been charged under the law because it is an impossible hurdle to leap from a prosecutorial stand point. There was no political fix. It was all about the legal aspects. Attempting to charge someone with a crime that can't be proven would be politics at it's worst. Recognizing that nothing rose to the level of being criminal is pretty easy to see if you look at it in an unbiased fashion.

Quote:
I believe the most important issue in the public mind is the pattern of rather inept deceit and lies so transparent
The only pattern I see are the deceit and lies so transparent that have been used to attack Hillary. Nine investigations of Benghazi? Really? You don't see a pattern there? When the facts don't result in the desired result, the GOP feels they have to look everything over and over with a deluded desire that somehow some facts will change.

Quote:
There is no doubt that most or all of the attacks on Hillary are politically motivated. Its a safe bet that all such attacks on political candidates during this election season are partly politically motivated. That, however, doesn't make them either invalid or untrue.
What makes them invalid and untrue is the facts that are revealed when the investigations happen and then the investigations are repeated ad nauseum with the same result over and over all showing no factual basis to the charges against Hillary.

Quote:
Moreover there is a certain cynical quality and lack of shame to the Clintonian pattern of lies and deception - they appear not to even make much effort to conceal their wrongdoing,
Hmmm.. so you assume wrongdoing and then leap to the conclusion that the only reason you can't prove that wrong doing is because of wrongdoing. Surely, you can see the idiocy of your statement, george. Would you apply this standard to anyone else?

Quote:
We face a real Hobson's choice in the coming election, and the country is in many ways more divided and polarized than at any time in my memory.
The choice is whether the GOP will finally put the country first and stop with their unwarranted investigations with no real evidence of any wrongdoing. My thought is they won't.
0 Replies

Blickers

Tue 16 Aug, 2016 01:38 pm
@georgeob1,
Quote georgeob1:
Quote:
Moreover there is a certain cynical quality and lack of shame to the Clintonian pattern of lies and deception - they appear not to even make much effort to conceal their wrongdoing,

Yes, worry over and post volumes about that stuff. Meanwhile, her opponent in this race is in Putin's pocket and is announcing he's implementing Putin's foreign policy for America.

Talk about re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Tue 16 Aug, 2016 01:39 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Sounds a hell of a lot more intelligent than anything you've posted here.
Finn dAbuzz

Tue 16 Aug, 2016 01:49 pm
@RABEL222,
Wow! I'm crushed!
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Tue 16 Aug, 2016 01:51 pm
@maporsche,
You don't deal in facts because you are ignoring all of the ones that go to show Clinton is a corrupt liar.
parados

Tue 16 Aug, 2016 01:59 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Except the facts don't go to show she is a corrupt liar.

The facts show that she has human failings but in spite of numerous investigations there has never been any real evidence of corruption. There is lots of innuendo with the accusations but in the end there has never been any evidence of corruption.
Finn dAbuzz

Tue 16 Aug, 2016 02:03 pm
@parados,
Keep telling yourself that
cicerone imposter

Tue 16 Aug, 2016 02:05 pm
@parados,
I agree with parados, and will also add that Hillary has done more for other people than the people who criticize her and has done nothing.
0 Replies

parados

Tue 16 Aug, 2016 02:18 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I don't have to keep telling myself that. I only need to look at your failure to provide any convincing evidence that stands up to even the slightest scrutiny.

Piling up lots of small things doesn't make it corruption. It only means you can't provide any evidence so have to try to throw dust in the air and pretend it is a thunderstorm.
cicerone imposter

Tue 16 Aug, 2016 02:26 pm
@parados,
Isn't it interesting how the people who hate Hillary make every attempt to belittle her contributions which has be tremendous. I just wonder if those same people criticizing her have made equal or more contributions to this world's women and children.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/karin-kamp/hillary-clinton_b_2591118.html
glitterbag

Tue 16 Aug, 2016 02:56 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

That's the way I view your innuendo tough guy.
Baldimo

Tue 16 Aug, 2016 03:03 pm
@Blickers,
They are technically 2 different issue with national security. The CIA would be involved with the Russia issue and the FBI on the US terror issue. Both agencies should have the proper funding to deal with their responsibilities but their priorities are based on what the administration deems them to be. I think they can do both, isn't that the claim with the Obama administration? They can work on more than one thing at a time.
Finn dAbuzz

Tue 16 Aug, 2016 03:05 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

Finn dAbuzz wrote:

That's the way I view your innuendo tough guy.

Ooooh, ain't you butch.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Tue 16 Aug, 2016 03:07 pm
@cicerone imposter,
As Yoda might say "The Kool-Aid is strong in this one."
0 Replies