When will Hillary Clinton give up her candidacy ?

cicerone imposter

Tue 16 Aug, 2016 11:00 am
@Baldimo,
What other candidates are there beyond the two party system?
parados

Tue 16 Aug, 2016 11:05 am
@Baldimo,
This is another example of your black and white world view, Baldimo.

Romney stated that Russia was the biggest geopolitical threat to the US in 2012. Russia was a threat at that time and still are but they were certainly not the biggest threat then and may not be the biggest threat today. That doesn't make them not a threat simply because they aren't the biggest threat. A nuclear Iran is not the same threat it was in 2012 but it doesn't mean they are no longer a threat. We just have a new treaty with them that needs to be enforced.
Baldimo

Tue 16 Aug, 2016 11:07 am
@cicerone imposter,
I'm voting for Gary Johnson. There are a few things on his platform I don't agree with but he's the best going in my opinion. There is still time to build support for Johnson/Weld as they are very close to getting into the debates and then they get a national platform just like the Dems and the GOP do. It can be done, Clinton and Trump have the highest unlikable rating out of any Pres candidates in recent history. They can both be beat.
Finn dAbuzz

Tue 16 Aug, 2016 11:08 am
@Baldimo,
I doubt it but it's worth a shot.
Baldimo

Tue 16 Aug, 2016 11:10 am
@parados,
2 years later they annexed Crimea and Obama was left looking stupid. He was wrong and all of you who supported Obama were wrong. You want to talk about black and white views... Climate change is the biggest issue the US faces... How laughable is that?
parados

Tue 16 Aug, 2016 11:10 am
@Baldimo,
If your basis of calling her a liar is counting how many cell phones she has and whether she lied about having 1 or 2 then there isn't really much to talk about.

I have one cell phone. Oh wait, I have another one that I no longer use when I replaced that first one but I still have it. At this point, talking about her cell phones is doing nothing but parsing meaningless statements to try to support your opinion of her.

Hillary had different cell phones over the course of her time at State. She may have had 2 phones she was using at the same time during part of that time. It really has little to do with anything other than an attempt to make our out a liar for setting up her own email server. That really isn't an issue any more than it's an issue for me what Trump paid the interns he used on Celebrity Apprentice.
parados

Tue 16 Aug, 2016 11:11 am
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

You weren't part of the laughing and high fiving crowd when Obama was being snarky with Romney?

It seems you didn't bother to check the statements of Romney or Obama, did you? You might want to before you go down this road.
Baldimo

Tue 16 Aug, 2016 11:12 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
With the 2 clowns on the ballot, we can't really do much worse. Either one will be a disaster as far as I'm concerned. Clinton's and Obama's support of the Arab spring blew up in their faces, I don't trust Clinton to not arm the wrong people and let more Americans die.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Tue 16 Aug, 2016 11:14 am
@parados,
I just posted a link to the video a few weeks ago. "The 80's are calling and they want their foreign policy back..."
parados

Tue 16 Aug, 2016 11:34 am
@Baldimo,
Yes?

Russia wasn't the biggest threat in 2012. A nuclear Iran was. So in 2012, Romney was wrong about it being the biggest threat.

That changed in 2014. (You might notice that 2014 is a different year than 2012.) Russia started sending troops into Ukraine in 2014. The US reached a nuclear deal with Iran in Jan of 2015. You might notice that the biggest threat would have changed at that point, if you were paying attention.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Tue 16 Aug, 2016 11:46 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
I can't convince you she is unqualified to be president.

IMO, she's the most qualified among the current nominees. I'm not Hillary Clinton uber alles, but her competition isn't worth the airtime spent on them.

Finn dAbuzz wrote:
There is a cynicism in her supporters that is troubling, but so be it.

That's a laugh....

I do lack wide-eyed idealism.
Finn dAbuzz

Tue 16 Aug, 2016 11:47 am
@DrewDad,
Cynics do tend to laugh when called out.
DrewDad

Tue 16 Aug, 2016 11:51 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Is that supposed to mean something?

Certainly there are things I'm cynical about. Is that supposed to be some kind of gotcha moment for you?
Finn dAbuzz

Tue 16 Aug, 2016 11:53 am
@DrewDad,
Take it as you find it.
0 Replies

maporsche

Tue 16 Aug, 2016 12:15 pm
It's not cynicism, it's realism.
Finn dAbuzz

Tue 16 Aug, 2016 12:25 pm
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

It's "realism" that corruption doesn't matter?
maporsche

Tue 16 Aug, 2016 12:28 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

maporsche wrote:

It's "realism" that corruption doesn't matter?

It's realism that there is no proof of corruption and that without proof...well that's cynicism on your part.
Finn dAbuzz

Tue 16 Aug, 2016 12:34 pm
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2016/08/16/pennsylvanias-top-prosecutor-kathleen-kane-found-guilty-on-nine-criminal-charges/?utm_term=.c9d76e13f3b6&wpisrc=al_alert-politics

Kathleen Kane Was an Honorary Clinton All Along

Bill Clinton, endorsing Kathleen Kane in 2012:

Quote:
“The first elected office I ever held was Attorney-General, so it’s a job I know something about. The Attorney General can have an enormous positive impact, so it’s important to elect someone who understands how to use the office and the legal system to protect and advance the lives of Pennsylvanians. Kathleen Kane would make a great Attorney General. She’s smart and tough. She’s prosecuted more than 3000 cases, protected senior citizens, and put child molesters and violent criminals behind bars,” remarked President Clinton. “Kathleen is a great Democrat who understands that an Attorney General’s job is to stand up for consumers and people. I’m proud to endorse my friend Kathleen Kane and I hope she’ll become the first woman ever elected Attorney General by the people of Pennsylvania.”

0 Replies

revelette2

Tue 16 Aug, 2016 12:36 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
I'm a bit confused. Both Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump cannot be trusted, and they're the two people running for president.

Oh, well, I happen to think the whole email thing was overblown, even by the IG and Comey with his comments if not his decision. However, I understand after hearing about it for two years if voters are left with a feeling of not trusting Hillary Clinton. From what I gathered on most polls, they trust that she will be an effective president and in the end, considering the alternative, that is what matters the most. I think if we manage to get the senate and get more seats in house and actually manage to get some bills passed which will have a positive effect our lives, all these issues we are talking about now, will not matter.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Tue 16 Aug, 2016 12:37 pm
@maporsche,
Maybe you're not cynical. Maybe you are one of the most naive persons I've ever encountered.

One or the other.