When will Hillary Clinton give up her candidacy ?

Baldimo

Fri 12 Aug, 2016 01:27 pm
@glitterbag,
I'm just pointing out your false worries about violence from Trump supporters when we have had actual violence by non-Trump supporters. It shows how full of **** you guys really are when it comes to politics. Play it as nonchalantly as you want to, but there was actual violence by Bernie supports in at least 3 different cities were people were attacked and cars were vandalized.
ehBeth

Fri 12 Aug, 2016 01:28 pm
@Baldimo,
Bernie's done.

Time to move on to the people still in the running.
ehBeth

Fri 12 Aug, 2016 01:34 pm
http://www.wsj.com/articles/hillary-clinton-releases-2015-tax-returns-paid-34-effective-federal-rate-1471017626

http://www.wsj.com/articles/hillary-clinton-widens-lead-over-donald-trump-in-battleground-states-1471015822

someone at nymag suggested the same thing about 6 weeks ago

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/clinton-break-from-campaign_us_57acdd68e4b007c36e4dc736

Quote:
Over the past few weeks, observers of the 2016 presidential campaign have noticed a fairly strong trend begin to develop: namely, that the campaign of GOP nominee Donald Trump, the first human to score an OMFG on the Myers-Briggs test, seems to be in flames. On the other hand, the campaign of Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton seems to ― well ... it seems to exist.

But at the moment, simply existing seems to be good enough. The question is, what should Clinton do over the next few weeks of the campaign? Here’s a thought: maybe she should not do anything!

It’s a bit of a crazy idea, one that I wouldn’t normally recommend, but this is a good time to pursue this plan. What makes it a good time? Well, it’s a good time because the Trump campaign rather insistently keeps doing stuff. And as it turns out, “doing anything at all” is emerging as Trump’s Achilles’ heel.
revelette2

Fri 12 Aug, 2016 01:45 pm
@ehBeth,
For a big guy, he must have a lot of energy, everyday it seems he is running around flapping his mouth. However, I don't know, but I feel it is kind of a jinx kind of a thing to get all cocky over it. Sooner or later, surely, some campaigning will start to happen on Hillary side or people might forget all about the presidential election?
Cycloptichorn

Fri 12 Aug, 2016 02:05 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

But they're with her! When she wins they will have a vicarious, yet utterly hollow, sense of victory. I guess that's, sadly, enough.

Hey Finn. At the rate things are going, it's looking awful grim for the Congressional GOP caucuses as well. If Trump can't improve his chances, I believe you're going to see the Dems take back the Senate and potentially the House as well. If that were to be the case, I think you'll find that the 'sense of victory' is rather less hollow than you're supposing here.

Edit: and, the Dems don't even need to necessarily win the House. If they make it really close, Ryan will have no choice but to constantly do deals with them and it frankly gives him cover to tell the TP wing to **** off, as I'm sure he dreams about on a daily basis.

For the SC Justices alone. Hillary wins and we'll get 1-3 young Liberals on the bench. The Conservative strategy of pushing change via court action is going to be pretty fucked when that happens.

Cycloptichorn
ehBeth

Fri 12 Aug, 2016 02:15 pm
@revelette2,
revelette2 wrote:
some campaigning will start to happen on Hillary side

Mrs. Clinton and Mr. Kaine seem to be out campaigning every day

doing their jobs comparatively quietly which is apparently where their long suit is - meeting people one on one or in small groups

I think she starts hosting a podcast today as well. I think that's an interesting route since podcasts are much more intimate than tv ads.
ehBeth

Fri 12 Aug, 2016 02:17 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:
For the SC Justices alone.

this would be enough to turn me into a Hillary supporter if I were an American in a swing state
0 Replies

snood

Fri 12 Aug, 2016 02:23 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Geez, it's good to have you back here Cyclops. Hope you hang out for a while.
revelette2

Fri 12 Aug, 2016 02:25 pm
@ehBeth,
I guess she is too quiet, I haven't seen any rally's or anything, but, I take your word for it. You are pretty informed in US politics.
Baldimo

Fri 12 Aug, 2016 02:29 pm
@ehBeth,
Did the violent people on the left go away just because Bernie sold out to the very people he was fighting against? The election isn't over yet and rally's will be held again in those cities, do you think they are going to stay home? Hillary will find a way to use them just as Bernie did.

The point of this is to point out that you guys are worried about words when people who are not Trump supporters have already used violence as part of their "political speech". You are worried about the wrong people, as has already been shown.
ehBeth

Fri 12 Aug, 2016 02:30 pm
@revelette2,
The advice I've seen for her all along was to keep her head down and do her job. 'That's what she's good at . She's not a great public speaker, she's a policy nerd who apparently is great to work with one on one .

Mr. Kaine is getting pretty good coverage , doing his folksy thing and making solid policy comments.

What I wonder about is Mr. Obama and Mr. Biden. I thought we'd hear more from them campaigning for candidates up and down the ballot. Wasn't expecting to hear from Mr. Sanders , and haven't.
Cycloptichorn

Fri 12 Aug, 2016 02:31 pm
@revelette2,
Hillary campaigns every day, with events. Just smaller ones than Trump. She and Bill have always had success with the Retail Politics approach, in which they attend smaller, community-based events where they can have more intimate conversations with people.

Check the schedule - this week is typical and she has no fewer than 10 events in the next 3 days.

https://www.willhillarywin.com/hillary-clintons-events/

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

RABEL222

Fri 12 Aug, 2016 02:32 pm
@reasoning logic,
I believe that Julian Assange and Wiki leaks is a Russian plant trying his best to help Trump and doing everything he can to damage Hillary. Just another communist plant.
ehBeth

Fri 12 Aug, 2016 02:32 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:
you guys

what guys do you think I'm part of?

I've asked you this before and you haven't answered.

__

what words am I supposed to be worried about? I'm certainly not aware of being worried about any words in particular.

Baldimo

Fri 12 Aug, 2016 02:40 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
what guys do you think I'm part of?

You certainly are not right of center... so you and those on the left of the isle. Let me guess, you are not a liberal, you are a progressive? Rolling Eyes

Quote:
what words am I supposed to be worried about? I'm certainly not aware of being worried about any words in particular.

If you aren't concerned about "violent words", why did you get involved with the conversation about "violent words" vs actual violence that has taken place during the election cycle?
ossobucotemp

Fri 12 Aug, 2016 02:41 pm
@snood,
Me too, me too.

While I'm at it, I want to thank Revelette and Snood and ehBeth and several others for keeping talking.. They shake my pessimism, improve my day.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Fri 12 Aug, 2016 02:47 pm
@revelette2,
She is campaigning, but the media is so busy reporting on Trump they dont have time to report on her.
EDIT Loud and obnoxious wins the day.
cicerone imposter

Fri 12 Aug, 2016 02:49 pm
@RABEL222,
That's because Trump has a tendency to say something stupid and new. Clinton stays on message, and it gets kind of boring.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Fri 12 Aug, 2016 02:54 pm
@ehBeth,
I think Obama is aware his very name sends some people into orbit, and he may be smart to still keep being presidential in this continually troubled world scene, but that's a view of mine and not his, far as I know; Hillary may have discouraged him re campaigning, but I don't know that either.

Biden, though, a lot of people like him, or at least don't hate him. Nobody's perfect, but I prefer him to Hillary myself, even though he is older. On the other hand, she's growing on me, but I'm still on the wary side over this and that. I've no idea if he and she are pals at all.

I'm beyond wary about Trump L'oeil, speaking of visual illusion, or illusion in general.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Fri 12 Aug, 2016 03:01 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:
You certainly are not right of center... so you and those on the left of the isle. Let me guess, you are not a liberal, you are a progressive?

No idea about progressive. That seems to be language I only see from American conservatives. Much like the religious language they like to use (anointed one and all that jazz).

I have occasionally voted Liberal, but only very occasionally. I'm more likely to vote NDP.

I'm not as far to the left as my good friend , Bogowo, who identifies as a Libertarian Anarchist, but his position is closer to mine than most Americans I've read/met.

Not part of any "guys" we see at A2k.