When will Hillary Clinton give up her candidacy ?

bobsal u1553115

Fri 12 Aug, 2016 05:33 am
http://editorialcartoonists.com/cartoons/HandsP/2016/HandsP20160812_low.jpg

0 Replies

georgeob1

Fri 12 Aug, 2016 08:40 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

Back to a point I think you were making earlier, the fact that Westerners reside in China or Chinese reside in the US or Europe simply means they have taken up residence. I don't think you meant to confuse this with immigration. I think we both know that neither group aspire to become citizens of the country they are currently residing. If I could make a suggestion, you might be more easily understood if you would declutter your posts. Don't fall in love with overwrought phrases, it can be annoying to plod thru all the cleverness in order to get to whatever point you are making.

Maybe you should write novels, or dabble in poetry. Those vehicles indulge the reader's desire to use their imagination. I'm also Irish American, my Grandfather spoke with a brogue. We Irish love our stories, our yarns and our blarney but if we want others to understand our point of view/opinion we need to abandon any lace curtain or shanty affectations and speak plainly. Not everyone was fortunate enough to have Irish roots.

How can I resist that ! Im an advanced case - parents born there; raised in an Irish enclave and played Irish football for the Gaelic League. I'll also confess to the points you make about my prose, though I don't think there was was very much of that in the post under discussion. I had affirmed Blatham's point about Chinese immigration and home buying in Vancouver, indicating the same thing was occurring in the San Frtancisco Area. He scolded me with a reminder of the "one-way" immigration problem. That sounded a bit too Trumpian (certainly for a critic like Blatham) to me. so I diverted him with a bit of blarney, which I believe he well deserved.

The Canadians here do appear to be a bit sensitive about Chinese immigratrion: perhaps they should build a wall.

In addition I think there is a widespread deficit of irony and a bit too much somber and doctrinal focus on this site. A little blarney clears the air.

In any event you have found me out. I'll be a little more attentive to your posts going forward.
glitterbag

Fri 12 Aug, 2016 10:23 am
@georgeob1,
My Dad played football for the Shamrocks, both my grand dad and my dad would give the unsuspecting a handshake that would bring a tear to their eyes.
Lash

Fri 12 Aug, 2016 10:32 am
https://www.google.com/amp/thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/291181-frustrated-reporter-goes-off-on-state-dept-spokeswoman-am-i-not%3famp?client=safari

Boop, there it is. I'm going to send Julian Assange a donation for busting
Loretta Lynch for covering up Hillary's corruption.

The state of the state is: SOLD!

georgeob1

Fri 12 Aug, 2016 11:08 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

My Dad played football for the Shamrocks, both my grand dad and my dad would give the unsuspecting a handshake that would bring a tear to their eyes.

I think I know them well. Mine had an eclectic circle of friends ( actors, artists, plunbers and politicians) who would occasionally gather in the living room, drink, tell stories and recite poems and elocution pieces (as they were called then). We (the children) were restricted to the back of the house , presumably to protect us from bad influences, but I used to sneak to an adjacent door and listen. I recall a lot of poetry, Robert Emmet's Speech from the Dock, and a variety of stories, One, I particulary remember was from a Jewish painter named Jake Betz describing how God created the first Irishman: it started with Abraham's foreskin, wrapped in fine linen - somehow it ended up with red hair and freckles.
glitterbag

Fri 12 Aug, 2016 11:18 am
@georgeob1,
Hmmm,

I seem to remember limericks more so than poetry. The wakes were spectacular...you almost looked forward to them.. Well, except for the penny's on the eyes and occasional wailing. We kids were in awe of the kids whose parents spoke Italian at home. Those lucky pups had professional mourners, the big show offs. We Irish kids couldn't top that, unless you count the time my great-grandfather tried to throw himself on his wife's descending coffin. The Italian families were emotional but they couldn't hold a candle to our skill at drama.
0 Replies

revelette2

Fri 12 Aug, 2016 11:20 am
Clinton reveals what she paid in taxes for 2015
Finn dAbuzz

Fri 12 Aug, 2016 11:27 am
@Lash,
That was a frustrating Q&A for everyone watching; not just the reporters in attendance. It has reached a point where the spokespersons for government departments have become official dodgers, and stone-wallers.

Obviously Clinton still has strong and powerful connections within the Administration as a whole and the State Dept in particular.

Why did it take a court action for Judicial Watch to get these e-mail copies? If there was nothing fishy going on, why didn't the State Dept just release them when first requested? How do the supporters of this Administration square the fact that (despite Obama's promise of great transparency), it fights virtually every request made to it for documents, with their constant claims that nothing wrong is every going on? That some, if not most, of the people who are requesting these documents are political enemies shouldn't be a valid reason if the documents won't give them any ammo.

But the Clinton supporters will continue to claim with straight faces "What are you talking about? This is nothing. There's nothing untoward here!"

I might be able to better understand it if, like her henchmen, there was someway in which they might directly benefit from her corruption and rise to power, but that's highly unlikely to be the case. That's a small group of insiders and there aren't enough seats on her private jet. All the plum jobs available will have been already been promised to the relatives of big donors, and there's no way the Middle Class is not going to see increases in their taxes if she does all that she says she will.

It is stunning to think anyone can listen to her talk about how she's going to make the economy work for the little guy and put a stop to special deals for the rich, and not see the hypocrisy. She's spent all of the years since she and Bill left the White House carefully and systematically amassing a fortune and extravagant lifestyle (becoming one of the Rich) by cutting backroom deals and selling favors to the Rich.

But they're with her! When she wins they will have a vicarious, yet utterly hollow, sense of victory. I guess that's, sadly, enough.

Astounding.
revelette2

Fri 12 Aug, 2016 11:33 am
I googled Lash's link. What a nothing article. A reporter asked a question about a long time aide of the Clinton foundation asking Clinton aides to give a job to an unknown associate, didn't like the run around answer and smarted off. The reporter then goes on to say, "am I not speaking English, look no says it is bad, but we want to know if the state department thought there was anything improper here." (going by memory) That's it, no earth shattering information.

I don't know if it is this site or my computer but sometimes, going to sites like the Hill and trying to copy pieces of articles is very frustrating, it opens and shuts, freezes and all kinds of frustrating antics.

Finn dAbuzz

Fri 12 Aug, 2016 11:34 am
@revelette2,
Nice, and it's a point for her, but there wouldn't have been any explanation for anything less. Romney ran into trouble, and presumably Trump may too, because it was too difficult to explain to the average voter why the rate he paid was not only legal but fair. It certainly didn't look fair, but Clinton has not been a "business woman" since 2007.

I wonder how all the luxurious travel arrangements paid for by the Clinton Foundation were treated in terms of taxable income?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Fri 12 Aug, 2016 11:38 am
@revelette2,
The linked article was pretty lame. You would have gotten a much better feel for what was going on if you could see the entire conference.

There was no earth shattering information, in large measure, because the spokesperson wouldn't give a straight answer to anyone's questions (not just the guy who got angry with her).

Maybe, just maybe there's nothing to hide, but when you won't answer questions or release documents it sure as hell looks like there is something to hide.
glitterbag

Fri 12 Aug, 2016 11:59 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
I'm still waiting for her gynecological records to be released. I mean really, exactly what is she hiding. You can't trust Hillary, with out her Gyn records how do we even know she's a real girl??? I haven't seen Chelsey's child birth video......what does that tell you, right am I right? It's horrible, it's very very horrible. She is going to risk our whole cherished set-up, that's what I hear, I don't know, but that's what I hear. People are saying things, very very not nice things about her, IF she is a her, she says she is, but I don't know, how would I know. A lot of people don't think she is, I don't know...but that's what I hear. Maybe they're right, a lot of people are saying it.
cicerone imposter

Fri 12 Aug, 2016 12:08 pm
@georgeob1,
I remember when we met in San Francisco, you loved to tell war stories about the ship you commanded in Europe/Portugal. I enjoyed it too! Also the venue you invited us to, the St Francis Yacht Club, was really nice with a great location to view the Golden Gate Bridge and Alcatraz. Hope we do that again soon.
0 Replies

Blickers

Fri 12 Aug, 2016 12:13 pm
@revelette2,
Quote revellette:
Quote:
Clinton reveals what she paid in taxes for 2015

Interesting quotes from that article:
Quote:
Trump, a New York businessman, and his lawyers have cited an audit by the Internal Revenue Service as a reason for his refusal to release his returns....The IRS has said Trump can release his tax returns even while under audit....Buffett, whose Berkshire Hathaway conglomerate is based there, challenged Trump to meet and exchange tax returns. Buffet said that he too was under IRS audit and Trump is "afraid" not of the tax-collection agency but of voters.
cicerone imposter

Fri 12 Aug, 2016 12:16 pm
@Blickers,
Trump is down ten points, and will not improve that spread while he makes a fool of himself on the media. Most top republicans have already declared he's not fit to be CIC.
The guy is a brute who encourages violence at his gatherings. He responds like a kid on tweets about him. He's not stable.
Baldimo

Fri 12 Aug, 2016 12:43 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Were you as concerned about Bernie supporters rioting and attacking people in San Diego and the couple other cities the violence happened in?
cicerone imposter

Fri 12 Aug, 2016 12:52 pm
@Baldimo,
I'm neutral on Bernie and Hillary. What's your point?
Baldimo

Fri 12 Aug, 2016 12:57 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Why am I not surprised by your answer. Words about violence vs actual violence.
glitterbag

Fri 12 Aug, 2016 01:19 pm
@Baldimo,
Well I'm worried sick about what those Bernie supporters might do!!!!! Eek, just thinking about them make my blood run cold. Do you know if they are still in hiding in San Diego???? I'd feel safer if they were just plotting against the California folks, no offense to our California friends, but hey, I don't want those maniacs causing trouble around here. Good catch Baldy, (on whatever point you thought you were making) dolt
cicerone imposter

Fri 12 Aug, 2016 01:21 pm
@Baldimo,
Why words can be more dangerous than actual violence.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-careless-words_us_57abc972e4b06e52746f4178
0 Replies