When will Hillary Clinton give up her candidacy ?

blatham

Fri 29 Jul, 2016 04:28 pm
A federal judge ruled that restrictions on early and weekend voting implemented by Wisconsin Republicans over the last five years are unconstitutional, the Madison Cap Times reports. http://bit.ly/2aiIKFi
cicerone imposter

Fri 29 Jul, 2016 04:32 pm
@blatham,
What I don't get is how the republicans can support their own party when they suppress voting. If they are true Americans and patriots, they should fight against their own party to change or leave the party.
blatham

Fri 29 Jul, 2016 04:40 pm
Holy poopbuckets, Batman!

Quote:
Jamelle Bouie ‏@jbouie 4m4 minutes ago
Wow, today judges have struck down discriminatory voting laws in North Carolina, Kansas, and Wisconsin!
0 Replies

Lash

Fri 29 Jul, 2016 04:43 pm
@cicerone imposter,
The Dems suppressed plenty of votes. Why expect just one party to be honest?
blatham

Fri 29 Jul, 2016 04:48 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
What I don't get is how the republicans can support their own party when they suppress voting

I very much doubt there is a Republican on this board who believes voter suppression is what's going on. There's a very obvious reason for that.

For more than a decade now, right wing media has been pushing a narrative of "voter fraud". It's been ubiquitous at Fox, with talk radio and more recently in digital media. But also via the WSJ and NRO where John Fund has been the main and consistent voice throwing out this narrative. Another is Hans von Spakovsky. Google either name with "voter fraud" and you'll get a lot of examples. And, of course, it has been a constant chant from GOP politicos as well.

Because modern conservatives are so trapped within their own media/information universe, they've absorbed the notion and think it so. I have never been able to penetrate a single Republican I've talked with on this regardless of what evidence I forward.

It's one of the very successful propaganda efforts I've seen.

farmerman

Fri 29 Jul, 2016 04:50 pm
@Lash,
yes but the states in question were led by GOP legislatures and governors. It was clearly a trick to surpress voting by minorities. Hard to dmit aint ot, your "Party of Lincoln" could hqve turned on dime and become the KKK party after Equal Rights was pssed and signed. As Johnson said,"This law will lose the south for the Democrats for at least generation" Its been 2 but the tide is turning s states like Texas slowly "come into play"
cicerone imposter

Fri 29 Jul, 2016 04:53 pm
@blatham,
I just read on fact check about voter fraud, and found one incident of a life long democrat getting a republican ballot. I also found a link to confirm any voter's affiliation. Here; http://www.canivote.org
0 Replies

blatham

Fri 29 Jul, 2016 04:53 pm
Here's a video of Paul Weyrich (founder of the Heritage Foundation and ALEC) in a speech from 1980
"I don't want everybody to vote... our leverage in elections goes up when voting goes down" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GBAsFwPglw

0 Replies

farmerman

Fri 29 Jul, 2016 04:54 pm
@blatham,
you may have a point but the GOP in Pennsylvani hd shown its cards in recent years . In 2008 prominent GOP state senator said that "voter id cards" will deliver Pa to the GOP (Implied was that blcks would be kwpt from voting). Even after Pa struck down the voter id cards, the county GOP's from "Flyover counties" of Pa qere constantly diddling with polling plces in inner cities .
blatham

Fri 29 Jul, 2016 05:09 pm
@farmerman,
Yes, I know. But even where I cite that instance and link the video of the Pa doofus who got foolishly honest, I've never been able to dent a Republican voter's faith that these initiatives are not designed to protect "voter integrity". At least, none have admitted to doubts.
blatham

Fri 29 Jul, 2016 05:33 pm
I ought to add here that Laura Ingraham, on hearing today of one (or more) of those three judicial rulings that came down today, tweeted...

"Judges. Judges. Judges"

Meaning - "We conservatives must ensure that judges sitting in courts across the land are conservative judges".
Lash

Fri 29 Jul, 2016 05:48 pm
@farmerman,
The voter suppression was done by the DNC in collusion with Hillary Clinton and the media. Period. The Republican Party had nothing to do with it.

Their crimes are a separate issue. The DNC will face their own crimes.

revelette2

Fri 29 Jul, 2016 06:14 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
The DNC will face their own crimes.

Good luck with that.
Lash

Fri 29 Jul, 2016 06:23 pm
@revelette2,
It's been an education to see the members here who approve corruption in government.
revelette2

Fri 29 Jul, 2016 06:32 pm
@Lash,
It is corruption according to you which frankly, doesn't mean a whole lot.
Finn dAbuzz

Fri 29 Jul, 2016 06:44 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

In addition to Clinton's understanding of foreign and domestic policies, she has devoted her life to helping others.

The Kool-Aid is strong in this one.
Blickers

Fri 29 Jul, 2016 06:53 pm
@Lash,
Quote Lash:
Quote:
The Dems suppressed plenty of votes. Why expect just one party to be honest?

Oh, good grief. Now you're defending Republican voter suppression. How can you expect to keep your Leftist Crusader For Social Justice act going with posts like this?
0 Replies

snood

Fri 29 Jul, 2016 07:34 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Hey Finn, are you going to vote for Donald Trump?
0 Replies

revelette2

Fri 29 Jul, 2016 07:34 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I don't know if you watched the DNC but there were lot of common ordinary people giving speeches of all the ways in which Hillary Clinton helped them. Unless you think they were all paid, she has done a lot of good, quietly, all through out her life.
0 Replies

snood

Fri 29 Jul, 2016 08:01 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Quote:
What I don't get is how the republicans can support their own party when they suppress voting

I very much doubt there is a Republican on this board who believes voter suppression is what's going on. There's a very obvious reason for that.

For more than a decade now, right wing media has been pushing a narrative of "voter fraud". It's been ubiquitous at Fox, with talk radio and more recently in digital media. But also via the WSJ and NRO where John Fund has been the main and consistent voice throwing out this narrative. Another is Hans von Spakovsky. Google either name with "voter fraud" and you'll get a lot of examples. And, of course, it has been a constant chant from GOP politicos as well.

Because modern conservatives are so trapped within their own media/information universe, they've absorbed the notion and think it so. I have never been able to penetrate a single Republican I've talked with on this regardless of what evidence I forward.

It's one of the very successful propaganda efforts I've seen.

So you think Fox propaganda is so strong that those on the right actually believe there is a voter fraud problem. I suppose that means you think they also actually believe other ridiculous lies like, there is a pointed effort by Dem leadership to abolish the 2nd amendment, and climate change is a ploy designed to make someone -China or someone - money.

It's too thin for me. I can't believe that. It's easier for me to believe that they by and large know they are wrong, but they perpetuate the lies to gain political advantage. Remember when the GOP congressman from Wisconsin , and Phyllis Schafly and Jim DeMint
all admitted that the GOP was pushing voter suppression to cut into Dem voter strength?