When will Hillary Clinton give up her candidacy ?

bobsal u1553115

Fri 29 Jul, 2016 07:36 am
CLINTON on TRUMP: "A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man we can trust with nuclear weapons."

So just ask yourself: Do you really think Donald Trump have the temperament to be Commander-in-Chief?

Donald Trump can't even handle the rough-and-tumble of a presidential campaign.

He loses his cool at the slightest provocation. When he's gotten a tough question from a reporter. When he's challenged in a debate. When he sees a protestor at a rally.

Imagine, if you dare, imagine — imagine him in the Oval Office facing a real crisis. A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man we can trust with nuclear weapons.

MORE:
http://www.vox.com/2016/7/28/12319846/hillary-clinton-dnc-speech-trump-nukes
giujohn

Fri 29 Jul, 2016 07:51 am
@Miller,
I'll write in boobsal u1553115 for pres. and his buddy izzy for vp since they have all the answers.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Fri 29 Jul, 2016 08:00 am
@blatham,
Actually, the question was

If the 30,000 + e-mail were about nothing but yoga and baby showers, what's the big deal?, and it was somewhat tongue in cheek but you seem to be in serious over-drive mode on your mission to save the US from conservatism, so maybe you didn't detect the sarcasm?

You may have had me on ignore like Builder, because I've commented already that I don't take a capricious view of the Russians hacking the DNC or Clinton's servers. It's precisely why I think Clinton was grossly negligent in sending and receiving top secret information on her personal server.

As for Trump's comments, I've commented on them as well. He is very often a buffoon and rarely more than when he speaks in public.
bobsal u1553115

Fri 29 Jul, 2016 08:03 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Even I know that a British national cannot serve as president or vice president. You really didn't go to school did you.

1. No problems, I'll get Obama to jot off an executive order to remove that obstacle.

I have a campaign slogan all ready, "Troubled men for troubled times."

Or, "One manifestation, one vote!"

Just say the word. I got 'bama on the speed dial.

<Don't tell goooooeyjohn about that Obamayay eed-spay ial-day thing!>

2. No, goooooeyjohn really did not go to school. It was nice of you to ask. I just assumed it, myself.
0 Replies

snood

Fri 29 Jul, 2016 08:09 am
@blatham,
I hear you, about gender.
I started a thread a while back about whether or not America is really ready for a woman president
But I was really noticing last night the size and volume of the HYPE that's surrounding the 'first woman nominee'/'possible first woman president' narrative.

When Obama became president, there was this same kind of out-sized hype, and in a way it just makes me shake my head and wonder why this country can't get its collective head out of its ass. At the same time we were heralding Obama as a sign of the "post racial" America and patting our own backs so hard for having come so far on race in America, there were rising numbers of incidents of cops killing and brutalizing blacks. There was a growing gap between median income levels of black and white families. There was growth in the membership rolls of white supremacist groups.

At the same time we are patting ourselves on the backs for possibly becoming not the first country mind you, but something like the twenty-third country to elect a female head of state, women still get paid less than men for doing the same work. Women who get raped still have to worry about getting victim-blamed. Women still have to worry about surrendering legal dominion over their own bodies because of challenges to Roe V. Wade. Women still face double standards of being called "bitches" for being assertive, or "too ambitious" for wanting to work and have a family.

You will never see entire news stories devoted to the "speaking style" of a male candidate, or anything about his "style" at all, whether he's a slob or fashionable. Hillary has to hear about her pantsuits, or her "fake grandmother persona" or her laugh, or whether she is speaking too loudly.

We really need to stop patting ourselves on the backs so hard when we simply grow up a little toward being a country that is actually living the spirit of the words about equality in our founding documents. I think we should stop crowing about how awesome we are every time we promote something other than a white male heterosexual. It would make much more sense to me if we all just thought to ourselves "It's about ******* time", and went about our business.

snood

Fri 29 Jul, 2016 08:11 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
He is very often a buffoon and rarely more than when he speaks in public.

But he's still your choice in November, right?
blatham

Fri 29 Jul, 2016 08:19 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
No, I don't have you on ignore in the formal sense. If it happens that you say something worthwhile, I may address it.

"somewhat tongue in cheek" - there was no evidence or indicator of that in what you wrote.

"save the US from conservatism" - no, from the species of the thing that has evolved over the last half century.

"Trump is a buffoon" - Trump is far worse than a buffoon.
0 Replies

blatham

Fri 29 Jul, 2016 08:38 am
@snood,
Quote:
We really need to stop patting ourselves on the backs so hard when we simply grow up a little toward being a country that is actually living the spirit of the words about equality in our founding documents

I appreciate the point. But I think the sort of transition you are speaking of is inevitable because of the snail's pace of profound social change. Last night, Michael Beschloss, correctly as an historian, spoke in the sort of language and tone of celebration for a woman's nomination. And he and others spoke similarly when Obama was nominated and then won. I can't really imagine this not happening.

But yeah, it can suggest some bridge crossed and a totally new era dawning and that, of course, would be a pretty romantic presumption because of that large portion of the community trailing far behind everyone else. And as we saw with the first black president and as we'll likely see with the first woman president, there will be political agents who are in the trailing portion or who wish to access power through manipulating that retrograde segment will fight against change.

It's a long term fight. Keep your eyes on the prize. Hold on. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIgcBBxjgwE
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Fri 29 Jul, 2016 08:44 am
So has Hillary Clinton given up her candidacy yet?

Just checking.
giujohn

Fri 29 Jul, 2016 08:50 am
@joefromchicago,
That won't happen until Julian Assange releases some more of her emails.
snood

Fri 29 Jul, 2016 08:50 am
@joefromchicago,
I'm thinking she'll give it up around November 9th.
0 Replies

blatham

Fri 29 Jul, 2016 09:40 am
This really does get to the nub of things.
Quote:
This election isn’t just Democrat vs. Republican. It’s normal vs. abnormal.

What we just witnessed in Cleveland and Philadelphia defies our normal political vocabulary. We are used to speaking of American politics as split between the two major parties. It’s Democrats versus Republicans, liberals versus conservatives, left versus right.

But not this election. The conventions showed that this is something different. This campaign is not merely a choice between the Democratic and Republican parties, but between a normal political party and an abnormal one.

There's much more in the piece. Do read. http://bit.ly/2awn1a7
Sturgis

Fri 29 Jul, 2016 09:49 am
...and how long until people start their moan and groan sessions about how Hillary hasn't delivered on her promises?

She is the better option going into November but truth is this entire election cycle has been a travesty against what this nation is supposedly about.
giujohn

Fri 29 Jul, 2016 09:56 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

This really does get to the nub of things.
Quote:
This election isn’t just Democrat vs. Republican. It’s normal vs. abnormal.

You are incorrect... What it's about is the status quo... People are fed up with Politics as Usual and they want change... Hillary does not represent change and while Trump is not perfect the hope there is for some change, any change... the thinking is has to be better than what they already have... If Trump is elected and they've turned out to be wrong they can vote him out in 4 years.
revelette2

Fri 29 Jul, 2016 10:28 am
@giujohn,
Quote:
If Trump is elected and they've turned out to be wrong they can vote him out in 4 years.

A lot of damage can happen in four years, we just have to remember Iraq and the prison abuse scandals of 2003/04 to be aware of that. Given the changes Trump has talked about, it should motivate any rational person into voting for Hillary to keep Trump out of office.
giujohn

Fri 29 Jul, 2016 10:34 am
@revelette2,
I disagree... If the alternative is Hillary her appointment of activist jurist on scotus will literally scrap the Constitution. She's been waiting to do that since the nineties.
0 Replies

snood

Fri 29 Jul, 2016 11:00 am
@Sturgis,
Quote:
this entire election cycle has been a travesty against what this nation is supposedly about.

Can you elucidate, just a tad?
cicerone imposter

Fri 29 Jul, 2016 11:15 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Trump: Get em out of here. Beat him up! I'll pay for your legal fees.
Not word for word, but close enough.

And he claims he can act 'presidential.' ROFLMAO
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Fri 29 Jul, 2016 11:16 am
@snood,
I wonder how Finn's education compares to Obama's. LOL
Who is the buffoon here?
snood

Fri 29 Jul, 2016 11:18 am
@cicerone imposter,
I don't know, but can you imagine Finn admitting ANYONE is his intellectual superior - ESPECIALLY Barack Hussein Obama?

And on the question of who is the real buffoon... How can anyone who plans to vote for Donald Trump be taken seriously when constantly calling other people's mental faculties into question? What's stupider or more irrational than voting for the charlatan cheeto?