When will Hillary Clinton give up her candidacy ?

blatham

Thu 28 Jul, 2016 09:50 pm
Quote:
Erick Erickson ‏@EWErickson 11m11 minutes ago
Just this past Saturday a Trump supporter yelled at my kids that they needed to know their dad was destroying their future by opposing Trump

Mary Beth Schneider Retweeted
Erick Erickson ‏@EWErickson 12m12 minutes ago
Big personal difference for me in Campaign 2016: Clinton supporters have never showed up at my house or berated my kids in the grocery store
0 Replies

blatham

Thu 28 Jul, 2016 10:03 pm
Quote:
Daniel DreznerVerified account
‏@dandrezner Daniel Drezner Retweeted Donald J. Trump
You're an embarrassment to the GOP. Also, the country.
Builder

Thu 28 Jul, 2016 10:11 pm
@blatham,
Quoting the twittersphere?

0 Replies

Blickers

Thu 28 Jul, 2016 10:15 pm
@Builder,
Still keeping up those lousy, unverified sources, I see. You have no idea who wrote that.
0 Replies

snood

Thu 28 Jul, 2016 10:16 pm
@blatham,
Dang, Blatham - you can't hide ANYTHING from this guy.

Builder picked right up on the fact that was quoted from twitter. He probably saw that "Retweeted" word and just awesomely deduced it from there!!!
That's world class, Jethro Bodine style detective work, wouldn't you say?
Builder

Thu 28 Jul, 2016 10:24 pm
@snood,
Just take a number, and line up with the rest of the fans, kiddo.
0 Replies

blatham

Thu 28 Jul, 2016 10:33 pm
@snood,
I have the dude on ignore.

Quote:
Rich Galen @richgalen
How can it be that I am standing at my kitchen counter sobbing because of the messages being driven at the DNC? Where has the GOP gone?
6:38 PM - 28 Jul 2016

Steve Deace @SteveDeaceShow
So most of conservative media and the GOP spent the week rooting for Russia, and now the Democrats get to rally around the flag.
Dreadful.

Quite a few more here http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/conservatives-agree-dnc-was-disaster-for-gop
Builder

Thu 28 Jul, 2016 10:40 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
I have the dude on ignore.

Eggsellent. Enjoy your cognitive dissonance.
0 Replies

blatham

Thu 28 Jul, 2016 10:44 pm
Trump has made this very easy for the Dems. Because of who and what he is.

But the fact remains that conservatives put Donald as their leader. And that alone tells us the story of modern American conservatism and the modern GOP. Fox remains behind him. Limbaugh remains behind him. Almost all right wing talk radio remains behind him. NRO now is increasingly trying to wrest an election win for him.

As I've been documenting above, many conservatives have been trying to rid their party of him or are now coming the realization of what a disaster this is for the party.

But they ought to have understood long ago that some consequence like this was inevitable because of the base they themselves created.
0 Replies

blatham

Thu 28 Jul, 2016 11:26 pm
@Finn
You asked earlier re the hack of DNC, "What's the big deal?"

Quote:
Two dozen veteran Republican foreign policy experts plan to send a letter to Congress on Friday urging it to investigate the cyberattack on the Democratic National Committee's email server, the Washington Post reported.

The letter, which was provided to TPM, cautions that the release of thousands of hacked emails from top DNC officials was “not a partisan issue” but “an assault on the integrity of the entire American political process.”
http://bit.ly/2av8Q4K

Do you get it now?
giujohn

Fri 29 Jul, 2016 03:03 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

So your failure to find a "fact check" that disproves what Morris says is because he is a "fat jerk" and Builder is lying.

You could not have introduced a more vacuous post into this thread.

The sad part is that the mainstream media knows all these things that dick Morris is highlighting and none of them will fact check it because they are an extension of the Clinton campaign public relations department.
Builder

Fri 29 Jul, 2016 03:15 am
@giujohn,
Quote:
....none of them will fact check it because.....

The fans here just repeat the media chant; so you're voting for Trump then?

giujohn

Fri 29 Jul, 2016 03:31 am
@Builder,
I would vote for Alfred P Newman over Hillary Clinton
bobsal u1553115

Fri 29 Jul, 2016 04:09 am
http://i.imgur.com/1XdTi3D.png
0 Replies

snood

Fri 29 Jul, 2016 04:29 am
@blatham,
Me, too - but somehow can't resist clicking on him sometimes. It's very like picking at a scab.
Miller

Fri 29 Jul, 2016 05:25 am
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

I would vote for Alfred P Newman over Hillary Clinton

Use a write-in vote?
blatham

Fri 29 Jul, 2016 06:06 am
@snood,
Understood.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Fri 29 Jul, 2016 06:48 am
Even I know that a British national cannot serve as president or vice president. You really didn't go to school did you.
blatham

Fri 29 Jul, 2016 07:13 am
I highly recommend this podcast with Benji Sarlin and Theda Scokpol "Two Houses Divided" https://newrepublic.com/podcasts

The research reveals racism as a fundamental in both the Trump voters and the Bernie supporters. We're about to witness, I expect, something quite similar on the matter of gender.
blatham

Fri 29 Jul, 2016 07:24 am
Right on the money from Josh Marshall:

Quote:
"For all the things you can imagine from Clinton, doing something crazy or going off half-cocked, ignorantly blundering into a disaster because she surrounds herself with ignorant sycophants ... these are basically unimaginable. She might fail in all the mundane ways other presidents have failed but she will not from a manifest unfitness for the office.

This might all sound like an exceedingly low bar. I don't mean it like that. I thought the speech was quite strong. But the presentation - a persuasive message about who Clinton is - sets the terms of the election clearly. A lot of this election really is about Trump. That might be disappointing in a way, as though he's stealing the moment to make it about something as petty as he is as opposed to something more grand. But Trump isn't some accident. He's the culmination of an immense tide in our politics in the last decade or two. He's just the catalyst for what was almost inevitably coming."
http://bit.ly/2aw2fr7
0 Replies