When will Hillary Clinton give up her candidacy ?

cicerone imposter

Thu 28 Jul, 2016 05:27 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Read it and weep:
Quote:
Clinton’s email setup exposed her to hacking.

There’s no evidence that anyone successfully hacked Clinton’s email servers, but they certainly were not impervious to attack. It’s possible that a sophisticated hacker gained access but left no trace.

Comey said the private servers did not have full-time security staff, which are found at government agencies and commercial email providers like Google. Further, he noted that Clinton used her personal email abroad, which could have allowed "hostile actors" to access her account.

Had Clinton used an @state.gov email address, it’s very likely that it would have been hacked, too. In fact, it’s known that Russian actors recently hacked the State Department email system. According to the New York Times, some State Department employees turned to private email addresses at least temporarily in order to avoid Russian hacker disruptions.

http://www.factcheck.org/2016/06/partisan-spin-on-clintons-emails/
Finn dAbuzz

Thu 28 Jul, 2016 05:32 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Read it and weep:
Quote:
Clinton’s email setup exposed her to hacking.

There’s no evidence that anyone successfully hacked Clinton’s email servers, but they certainly were not impervious to attack. It’s possible that a sophisticated hacker gained access but left no trace.

Comey said the private servers did not have full-time security staff, which are found at government agencies and commercial email providers like Google. Further, he noted that Clinton used her personal email abroad, which could have allowed "hostile actors" to access her account.

Had Clinton used an @state.gov email address, it’s very likely that it would have been hacked, too. In fact, it’s known that Russian actors recently hacked the State Department email system. According to the New York Times, some State Department employees turned to private email addresses at least temporarily in order to avoid Russian hacker disruptions.

http://www.factcheck.org/2016/06/partisan-spin-on-clintons-emails/

Oh please.

Now you want to tell us that she used her personal server so as to avoid Russian hacking?
revelette2

Thu 28 Jul, 2016 05:33 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
You are putting words in his post he didn't say or mean so as to undermine his post. Cheap.
Finn dAbuzz

Thu 28 Jul, 2016 05:57 pm
@revelette2,
Not at all.

He specifically quoted

Quote:
...some State Department employees turned to private email addresses at least temporarily in order to avoid Russian hacker disruptions.

He is making the case that her using her personal server is a non-issue because

A) The Russians were capable of hacking the State Department
B) Some State Dept employees were so clever with their espionage jiu jitsu that they used their private e-mail to thwart the Russians

This doesn't pass the laugh test.

It's not acceptable for the Sec of State to defy her own department's parameters, and certainly not because of some silly argument like "Well those Russkies can hack anything so what difference does it make what server I use?"

Even if we accept, for one moment, that this was going through Clinton's mind, and we accept that the Russians can hack any server in America, the State Dept server was still more secure than the personal one she had in a bathroom somewhere, so there had to be a reason why she chose to use a personal server in defiance of State Dept regulations. It sure wasn't because she thought she was protecting her e-mail from the Russians.

Since it's been demonstrated repeatedly that she has lied about her reasons for doing so, it's pretty safe to assume that while she didn't care about foreign hackers, she did care about her e-mail finding it's way to her political enemies or in front of the American people.

The alternative reason is that she is an incompetent and utter idiot.

Which is it?

This is a person who is totally paranoid, and rightly so, about transparency.

0 Replies

Builder

Thu 28 Jul, 2016 06:10 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Fact check this, CI.

Quote:
Bill Clinton Lied in Democrat National Convention speech, says Dick Morris, former Senior Political Advisor to President Clinton.

https://www.facebook.com/dickmorriscom/videos/10154398092154438/
RABEL222

Thu 28 Jul, 2016 06:25 pm
@Builder,
I tried this but all I can get is some fat jerk, no sound or any explanation of what Clinton lied about. Would it be you who is lying?
Finn dAbuzz

Thu 28 Jul, 2016 06:33 pm
@RABEL222,
So your failure to find a "fact check" that disproves what Morris says is because he is a "fat jerk" and Builder is lying.

You could not have introduced a more vacuous post into this thread.
Blickers

Thu 28 Jul, 2016 06:47 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
No he's saying that for him the sound doesn't come on, so all he saw was a pic of Dick Morris' face, which even you have to admit is not the highlight of anyone's day.
blatham

Thu 28 Jul, 2016 06:50 pm
Quote:
Vox ‏@voxdotcom 5m5 minutes ago
Former Reagan Administration official Doug Elmets: "This year’s Republican platform is the most alarming that I’ve ever seen." #DNCinPHL

Vox ‏@voxdotcom 4m4 minutes ago
Doug Elmets: "This year, I will vote for a Democrat for the first time." #DNCinPHL
Builder

Thu 28 Jul, 2016 06:51 pm
@Blickers,
Yeah, there's this little arrow you push to get the video to play.

Pretty tricky to figure out, I reckon.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Thu 28 Jul, 2016 06:51 pm
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:

No he's saying that for him the sound doesn't come on, so all he saw was a pic of Dick Morris face, which even you have to admit is not the highlight of anyone's day.

Cue the Eddie Murphy laugh.

I think Morris is a toad of a man, but that has no bearing on the inane nature of Rabel's response.

0 Replies

Blickers

Thu 28 Jul, 2016 06:52 pm
Quote Builder:
Quote:
Fact check this, CI.

Quote:

Quote:
Bill Clinton Lied in Democrat National Convention speech, says Dick Morris, former Senior Political Advisor to President Clinton.

https://www.facebook.com/dickmorriscom/videos/10154398092154438/

Dick Morris knows all about upright behavior. He was the guy who was Bill Clinton's campaign manager until it was discovered he was divulging classified information to a hooker he was paying $200 an hour to suck his toes. Then he went to work for Fox News.
cicerone imposter

Thu 28 Jul, 2016 06:53 pm
@Builder,
Dick Morris is not a Fact Check. Go to Politifact or Fact Check. You might learn something that's factual.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nR-m8g_iAG8
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Thu 28 Jul, 2016 06:54 pm
@blatham,
blathamology:

All conservatives are scheming liars and worthy of our contempt...except when they seem to agree with us.

You would have made a fine character in "Animal Farm"
0 Replies

Builder

Thu 28 Jul, 2016 07:17 pm
@Blickers,
Quote:
Dick Morris knows all about upright behavior. He was the guy who was Bill Clinton's campaign manager until it was discovered he was divulging classified information to a hooker he was paying $200 an hour to suck his toes.

Great! Now use those same detective skills to work on Clinton's history, and get right back to us.
Blickers

Thu 28 Jul, 2016 08:17 pm
@Builder,
No detective skills necessary. It was revealed about two days before the 1992 Democratic convention, and it was all over TV and the newspapers. Since you claim to have such insight into how American politics works, I just figured I'd point out what you use for sources.
blatham

Thu 28 Jul, 2016 08:37 pm
Quote:
Jennifer Rubin
‏@JRubinBlogger
there is joy here, entirely missing at the RNC
0 Replies

Builder

Thu 28 Jul, 2016 09:38 pm
@Blickers,
Quote:
No detective skills necessary.

Not for ancient history. I meant more recent revelations, like those pesky emails about yoga et al.

http://i0.wp.com/newobserveronline.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/C05794498-1.jpg?resize=730%2C537
blatham

Thu 28 Jul, 2016 09:42 pm
Quote:
Erick EricksonVerified account
‏@EWErickson
Key takeaway for me about this week: The Democrats know how to take on Trump better than the GOP did. They’ll ridicule him and mock him
Smart take from Erickson there.
roger

Thu 28 Jul, 2016 09:46 pm
@blatham,
Ridicule? Has it worked on a2k?
0 Replies