When will Hillary Clinton give up her candidacy ?

revelette2

Thu 28 Jul, 2016 11:09 am
@blatham,
He now says it was a joke, it was in poor taste and sends a bad signal of the kind of President he would be to even joke about something like that. I think he was serious and just didn't realize the ramifications as usual which is also troubling.

Also on the same page there is a piece about Trump seeking more Foreign housekeepers and such like for his golf course and Mar-a-Lago resort which goes against his theme he has been pushing about foreigners taking over American jobs.

Trump Seeks More Foreign Guest Workers For His Companies

He is such a fake out.
cicerone imposter

Thu 28 Jul, 2016 11:17 am
@revelette2,
Trump is a loose cannon; he has no ability to think about the consequences of what he says until he's told after the fact. He's not qualified to be president of any country, not even North Korea.
0 Replies

blatham

Thu 28 Jul, 2016 11:18 am
@georgeob1,
How long does that bohemian shindig go on for?
cicerone imposter

Thu 28 Jul, 2016 11:21 am
@blatham,
Trump's chock full of outrages and lies.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/wp/2016/07/27/trumps-news-conference-was-chock-full-of-outrages-and-lies/
blatham

Thu 28 Jul, 2016 11:29 am
@revelette2,
Quote:
He now says it was a joke

Yes, I did see that. I wish he wouldn't confuse me like this as I believe every word he says.

He got media coverage during the Dem convention as we knew he'd try to do. He's a pretty sick puppy, this one.
Finn dAbuzz

Thu 28 Jul, 2016 11:33 am
@revelette2,
revelette2 wrote:

He now says it was a joke, it was in poor taste and sends a bad signal of the kind of President he would be to even joke about something like that. I think he was serious and just didn't realize the ramifications as usual which is also troubling.

I think it was a joke, but I'm not as confident that given the choice that the Russians never obtained State secrets from her server, and them doing so and proving the matter by releasing them, that he would choose the former.

I agree that his penchant for making off-the-cuff comments without considering their implications is not really a favorable trait in a president. It wasn't at all necessary for him to say what he said and still make his point about Clinton. That he did suggests a problem with impulse control.

Now I don't think a lack of impulse control will manifest itself with him "pushing the button" over a perceived slight if he makes it to the White House, but the president is often the Voice of America and impulsive, foolish statement by him can be problematic (kind of like the Obama's red line in Syria).

Ultimately, if Clinton has told America the truth that all of the 30,000 + e-mails only covered yoga and baby showers, to use her own language "What difference does it make?"

You can't have it both ways.

blatham

Thu 28 Jul, 2016 11:34 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Trump's chock full of outrages and lies.

Oh, I do know it, ci He would still be, as he was over the years, a side-show freak if it weren't the case that he is now the GOP candidate.

Everything of importance about this race and about the modern GOP and modern conservatism hinges on that reality.

0 Replies

blatham

Thu 28 Jul, 2016 11:38 am
Melania's website or webpage has been yanked. Slovenian reporters have apparently discovered that she did not achieve the degree that had been claimed, quitting after year one.
snood

Thu 28 Jul, 2016 11:41 am
@blatham,
A fake candidate with a fake university has a wife with a fake degree that makes fake speeches.

"We like him because he's real, and tells it like it is!"

Whoopee!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Thu 28 Jul, 2016 11:41 am
@blatham,
My younger brother is a staunch republican, and served two terms in the California State legislature, and was the Mayor of his hometown in Lodi. I hope he's not a supporter of Trump.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Thu 28 Jul, 2016 11:42 am
@georgeob1,
http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2015/07/true-detective-season-2-bohemian-grove-secret-society-guerneville

I've read a lot about the results of the group.

As usual, Vanity Fair has some of the more interesting reads.

Quote:
Friends in High Places: The Bohemian Grove’s mystique is due, in large part, to the caliber of its famous members who are usually rich, white, and Republican and always male.

Some notable Bohos (as they’re called) include William F. Buckley, George H.W. Bush, George W. Bush, Dick Cheney, Calvin Coolidge, Walter Cronkite, Bing Crosby, Clint Eastwood, Dwight D. Eisenhower, Gerald Ford, Barry Goldwater, Charlton Heston, Herbert Hoover, Henry Kissinger, Jack London, Steve Miller, Robert Mondavi, John Muir, Colin Powell, Ronald Reagan, Nelson Rockefeller, Theodore Roosevelt, Karl Rove, Donald Rumsfeld, and Mark Twain.

To join the Bohemian Club, you must either be invited by several members, or wait for decades. Once you’re in, there’s the $25,000 initiation fee and the hefty yearly dues.

http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/2009/05/bohemian-grove200905

Quote:
Members of the ultra-exclusive Bohemian Club—2,500 of America’s richest, most conservative men,

Quote:
Over the years all the usual suspects have made appearances: Rumsfeld, Kissinger, two former C.I.A. directors (including Papa Bush), the masters of war and the oilgarchs, the Bechtels and the Basses, the board members of top military contractors—such as Halliburton, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, and the Carlyle Group—Rockefellers, Morgans, captains of industry and C.E.O.’s across the spectrum of American capitalism. The interlocking corporate web—cemented by prep-school, college, and golf-club affiliations, blood, marriage, and mutual self-interest—that makes up the American ruling class. Many of the guys, in other words, who have been running the country into the ground and ripping us off for decades.

The summer high jinks begin, as they have for more than 100 years, with a macabre, hokey ceremony—with Druidic, Masonic, Ku Klux Klan, and Aryan forest-worship overtones—called the Cremation of Care, which is starting in 40 minutes down by the lake.

good reads with plenty of name-dropping
ehBeth

Thu 28 Jul, 2016 11:51 am
@ehBeth,
http://www2.ucsc.edu/whorulesamerica/power/bohemian_grove_spy.html

ohhhhh who was listening to Russian guest speakers in the late 1980's

___

http://radio.krcb.org/post/koch-brothers-and-bohemian-grove#stream/0

Quote:
Past presidents and cabinet members, titans of business and popular entertainers are all among the elite visitors to Bohemian Grove each summer. Lately their ranks have also included two other prominent and polarizing figures—the Koch Brothers.

__

http://exposebohemiangrove.org

the page currently starts with 2016 plans re the encampment

blatham

Thu 28 Jul, 2016 12:02 pm
@ehBeth,
I can imagine those stately redwoods with all the sweet reefer smoke drifting lazily about, the guitars and drumming. Surely delightful.
ehBeth

Thu 28 Jul, 2016 12:05 pm
@blatham,
It's the drag shows I want to see.
blatham

Thu 28 Jul, 2016 12:18 pm
@ehBeth,
Yes! I expect they are splendid. They would be very well resourced for costumes and make-up, after all. I would so much love to see Donald Rumsfeld, Charles Koch, and some Northrop Grumman execs playing the female parts in some flirty Oscar Wilde drawing room comedy. I'd give an arm, maybe.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Thu 28 Jul, 2016 12:22 pm
@georgeob1,
Blatham is by far one of the most useful a2k members re providing information, and yes, he has opinions of his own, whether here or in person. He's also able to change them and admit being off base. This compares favorably relative to a fair number of other a2k people.

And, no, I didn't vote you down.
blatham

Thu 28 Jul, 2016 01:45 pm
@ossobucotemp,
I've never voted anyone down. Or up, for that matter.

George and I are old friends. We throw poison-tipped lawn darts at each other's eye sockets but that's just the way we roll. I'm at a disadvantage in this being that his eyes are uniquely beady but my aim is better so it evens out.

Aside from that, thank you.
0 Replies

Setanta

Thu 28 Jul, 2016 03:31 pm
Man, if Mrs. Clinton is going to throw in the towel, she needs to get busy--last call tonight!
0 Replies

revelette2

Thu 28 Jul, 2016 03:45 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
If someone hacks into those deleted personal emails, that is fine, I am confidence it will be personal.

Jason Chaffetz, a Utah Republican who led the House oversight committee that looked into Mrs. Clinton’s emails said the remarks was ill advised and if it was humor, it missed the mark.
Finn dAbuzz

Thu 28 Jul, 2016 05:09 pm
@revelette2,
I completely agree with Chaffetz.

I think we are liable to see what those e-mails contained. I hope any reveal is limited to Clinton Foundation pay for play and doesn't include sensitive information that might harm our nation or any of our people. Unfortunately Assange doesn't share my concerns.

Considering that you are among those that have taken comfort in the fact that there is no clear evidence that the server was hacked, if you find that it was, will it change your views about the propriety of her using personal e-mail?

Keep in mind that while the 30,000 + deleted e-mail may very well be about nothing more than yoga and baby showers, the FBI made a pretty airtight case that classified information was received and sent on the server.