When will Hillary Clinton give up her candidacy ?

Finn dAbuzz

Wed 27 Jul, 2016 05:48 pm
@blatham,
So, you think there were State secrets in the 30,000 + deleted e-mail?

If not, and you buy that they were all about baby showers and yoga, what's the big deal?
giujohn

Wed 27 Jul, 2016 06:14 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Making a mountain out of a mole hill comes to mind.

Yeah and Nixon called Watergate a third-rate burglary.
0 Replies

giujohn

Wed 27 Jul, 2016 06:16 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

From my POV, Hillary is a much better choice than Donald can ever be. Hillary has devoted her life to helping people. Donald worked all his life to help himself.
It's a wonder people are having difficulty making a choice between the two.

A quarter of a million dollars for a 20-minute speech? SeSms to me she's done an awful lot to help herself.
0 Replies

blatham

Wed 27 Jul, 2016 06:39 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
So, you think there were State secrets in the 30,000 + deleted e-mail?

If not, and you buy that they were all about baby showers and yoga, what's the big deal?

As I said, conservatives have gone insane.

Quote:
William Inboden, who served on the NSC during the George W. Bush administration, said Trump's comments were "tantamount to treason."
"Trump's appeal for a foreign government hostile to the United States to manipulate our electoral process is not an assault on Hillary Clinton, it is an assault on the Constitution," said Inboden, who now teaches at the University of Texas at Austin.

Make The Russian Cyber Task Force Great Again!

cicerone imposter

Wed 27 Jul, 2016 06:42 pm
@blatham,
I just wonder how many lives were threatened by Trump's ignorance.
giujohn

Wed 27 Jul, 2016 06:47 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Zero... Can Hillary say the same about her State Department emails that were hacked by god-knows-who?
0 Replies

georgeob1

Wed 27 Jul, 2016 06:48 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Quote:
Spend a little of your time researching the political contributions of George Soros as well as those of the Koch brothers

But I have researched that, george. I'd wager even that I know rather more about this than you. The two cases are not comparable. Soros' funding has been directed to apartheid S Africa (to empower blacks and later to enhance educational opportunities), to eastern european states as they emerged from Russia's domination, to universities in Russia, to aid the victims of conflict in Sarajevo, and more. The Koch's have engaged in no such giving outside of the US. Further, his funding into the US is utterly dwarfed by what the Koch's have invested.

A very clear demonstration of the evident fact that you haven't researched it at all, or, as a minimum, applied grossly different standards to Soros's activities from thise you applied to the Koch Brothers. Your list above is far from complete and highly selective and deceptive.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Wed 27 Jul, 2016 06:52 pm
@blatham,
And I am saying now, liberals are insipid.

You love to cherry pick comments from conservatives that agree with your position as if the one or two examples are the proof we need that you are right, have always been right and will forever be right.

The question, and I think it's entirely reasonable, is do you think those 30,000 + e-mails contained State secrets?

Yes or no?

It's a simple question, the answer of which is quite significant to this discussion.

(And spare us any more of your cherry picked quotes.)
0 Replies

blatham

Wed 27 Jul, 2016 06:54 pm
Here's Stephen Hayes at the Weekly Standard.

Quote:
Donald Trump, Republican nominee for president, running on protecting American sovereignty and putting "America First", called Wednesday for a foreign power to intervene in the U.S. presidential election with the hope of damaging his opponent. The extraordinary comments set Trump campaign and Republican Party staffers scrambling behind the scenes to devise an explanation and prompted Trump's running mate, Indiana Governor Mike Pence, to release a statement distancing himself from the nominee before Trump even finished his press conference.

...And Trump's behavior makes clear that for all of his talk about putting "America first," he is, yet again, putting Donald Trump first.

Will any Republican endorser of Trump withdraw his or her support? Or will Republicans—as a party and as individuals—offer with their silence tacit support for Trump's call for Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election?

If history is any guide, the answers will be, respectively, "No" and "Yes."

America second.

I shouldn't have been surprised by the response above from Finn, but I was. This is a descent into some species of madness.
Finn dAbuzz

Wed 27 Jul, 2016 06:57 pm
@blatham,
There you go again.

Now Stephen Hayes is one of your heroes?

Answer the question.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Wed 27 Jul, 2016 06:57 pm
Koch (coke) Brothers from 2010:
http://www.opensecrets.org/news/2010/09/opensecrets-battle-koch-brothers/
0 Replies

giujohn

Wed 27 Jul, 2016 06:59 pm
Question:
What does Donald Trump do better than any other presidential candidate?
Answer:
Control the news cycle and not spend a dime. His plan was to dominate the news cycle today during the third day of Hillary's convention. He's being purposely provocative and he's got the news media by the nose. He's not in cahoots with the Russians he's not trying to be treasonous... It's just is Machiavellian genius at controlling the lamestream media. And everybody's falling for it Hook Line & Sinker.
0 Replies

snood

Wed 27 Jul, 2016 07:04 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
As I said, conservatives have gone insane.

No, I don't really think they're any more misogynist, anti-working poor, anti-immigrant, racist, regressive and INSANE than they've always been. I just think they can't allow themselves to think about the reality of the profane madman they've got representing them this fall, so they have to make a fuss of these ridiculous straw man, red herring, BULLSHIT "arguments" about emails and whatever else.
blatham

Wed 27 Jul, 2016 07:23 pm
@snood,
Quote:
I just think they can't allow themselves to think about the reality of the profane madman they've got representing them this fall

But that's really the point. This is a new and unprecedented level of the thing. Even when past GOP presidents avoid the convention. Even when senior Republicans and conservative thinkers reject this candidacy as unfit in numbers that are unprecedented. This is nuts.

So the interesting questions revolve around how this has come to pass. And what the **** happens now?
ossobucotemp

Wed 27 Jul, 2016 07:31 pm
Meantime, the bots wouldn't let Panetta speak; people worried now about Kaine, and then Hillary when it's her turn.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Wed 27 Jul, 2016 07:38 pm
@snood,
A perfect example of Max's argument that liberals are all about love not hate.
snood

Wed 27 Jul, 2016 07:40 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
So the interesting questions revolve around how this has come to pass. And what the **** happens now?

I think you're exactly right about the really pertinent questions. We should, and we can have that discussion. I just have to remember not to expect productive contributions from some folk.
snood

Wed 27 Jul, 2016 07:41 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Why do you even address posts to me? You clearly don't have anything of substance to say.
Finn dAbuzz

Wed 27 Jul, 2016 07:50 pm
@snood,
I would ask the same of you.
snood

Wed 27 Jul, 2016 08:04 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I address you because I'm somehow compelled to keep looking for something recognizably human in your remarks. It's the behaviorist in me, I expect.
0 Replies