When will Hillary Clinton give up her candidacy ?

maporsche

Wed 27 Jul, 2016 03:02 pm
@georgeob1,
Ok, that's a distinction without difference.

Sending an internal email within the DNC with an idea is NOT the same thing as the DNC acting on that idea.
0 Replies

maporsche

Wed 27 Jul, 2016 03:03 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

How did they act?

They, at the order of the Clinton campaign, canned DWS.

Now if they didn't think that the DNC, under her leadership, had been operating impartially, why would they do this? Are they really so feckless as to unfairly blame her for the little mistakes of a few underlings?

It was a political calculation and a political firing. You know this. You're not so naive.

And I don't mean how did they act after the leak. I mean when these emails were sent in May, how did the DNC act on those emails in question?
Finn dAbuzz

Wed 27 Jul, 2016 03:03 pm
@maporsche,
Yes, that's what I see.

Even The Disciples had some harsh things to say about Jesus.
Finn dAbuzz

Wed 27 Jul, 2016 03:04 pm
@maporsche,
Was it fair?
cicerone imposter

Wed 27 Jul, 2016 03:04 pm
According to the Wall Street Journal, Trump, a Wharton graduate, flunks Economics.
http://www.wsj.com/articles/wharton-grad-trump-fails-economics-1469395049

0 Replies

maporsche

Wed 27 Jul, 2016 03:05 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Yes, that's what I see.

Even The Disciples had some harsh things to say about Jesus.

I have some harsh things to say about her to. I'm just not going to do it here. It's in my interest to see her get elected, not to bash her more and more on the internet.

I'll stick to refuting your baseless accusations with facts or at the very least, pointing out how baseless they are.
maporsche

Wed 27 Jul, 2016 03:08 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
Was it fair?

Sure. She's hardly the first person in politics to lose her job due to public opinion. She resigned because she knew she became a liability to what she cares about.

In any job, you hurt your business or your brand you can lose your job.
Finn dAbuzz

Wed 27 Jul, 2016 03:09 pm
@maporsche,
Which baseless accusations are those?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Wed 27 Jul, 2016 03:10 pm
@maporsche,
But you insist that she did nothing to actually hurt the brand.
ehBeth

Wed 27 Jul, 2016 03:11 pm
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:
when these emails were sent in May, how did the DNC act on those emails in question?

were they acted on?
maporsche

Wed 27 Jul, 2016 03:12 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

But you insist that she did nothing to actually hurt the brand.

God, maybe you are that naive.

I'm saying that the DNC doesn't appear to have acted on the emails sent in May...you know the ones that everyone is bitching about.

The public opinion of DWS is negative. That is hurting the brand. It became more negative after these emails were leaked, even though nothing appears to have been done based on the those emails. When the public loses faith in their leaders (rightly or wrongly), sometimes they have to go.

Again. You. Know. This.
blatham

Wed 27 Jul, 2016 03:13 pm
@georgeob1,
Quote:
Spend a little of your time researching the political contributions of George Soros as well as those of the Koch brothers

But I have researched that, george. I'd wager even that I know rather more about this than you. The two cases are not comparable. Soros' funding has been directed to apartheid S Africa (to empower blacks and later to enhance educational opportunities), to eastern european states as they emerged from Russia's domination, to universities in Russia, to aid the victims of conflict in Sarajevo, and more. The Koch's have engaged in no such giving outside of the US. Further, his funding into the US is utterly dwarfed by what the Koch's have invested.

Let's leave it there. We aren't going to be in accord on very much in politics.
maporsche

Wed 27 Jul, 2016 03:14 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

maporsche wrote:
when these emails were sent in May, how did the DNC act on those emails in question?

were they acted on?

Nope. Not that anyone's reported.
In fact, there are members of the DNC on those emails who specifically said NOT to act on some of the ideas.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Wed 27 Jul, 2016 03:18 pm
@ehBeth,
I don't think they were 'acted' on, because the DNC didn't learn about them until much later.
So far, the FBI's investigation has been mute. It may mean, they have not found anything, or they have found confidential information.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Wed 27 Jul, 2016 03:21 pm
@maporsche,
Ahh I see.
Builder

Wed 27 Jul, 2016 03:24 pm
Who Should Bernie Voters Support Now? Robert Reich vs. Chris Hedges on Tackling the Neoliberal Order

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jr4cXH3Fil8
0 Replies

blatham

Wed 27 Jul, 2016 03:28 pm
@maporsche,
Quote:
I don't really get why the emails are a big deal either. So a few staffers at the DNC sent a few (literally just a few) emails out of 20,000 that said some things that may be offensive to Sanders.

It's a nothing-burger, to use a cliche, for the reason you point to. But this is the way the right wing media play their game - smears to hopefully cause disaffection. And mainstream media love conflict and a horse-race almost as much as sex scandals so they run with it too.

So let's just put the above in contrast with the GOP presidential candidate today explicitly requesting/egging on Russian intelligence agencies to gain and/or release DNC and State emails to help him out in his election. There is NO precedent for this. Nothing close.

To be clear, Trump is asking Russian intelligence to break American laws (even to access or publish emails that may well contain national secrets) to the end of helping him win the US election.
0 Replies

blatham

Wed 27 Jul, 2016 03:53 pm
And that wasn't all that happened today with Trump

Quote:
Donald Trump encouraged Russian hackers to find Hillary Clinton's deleted emails during a bizarre press conference on Wednesday in Miami.

"Russia, if you are listening, I hope you are able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing," Trump said, referring to the emails that were not handed over to investigators from Clinton's private email server. "I think you'll be rewarded mightily by our press."

The call for foreign hackers to take down his opponent was only one of the many strange moments in the press conference. Other highlights included:

*Trump claiming, "I don't know anything about him," when asked about Russian President Vladimir Putin and the growing amount of evidence that the Democratic National Convention hack was carried about by Russia. Trump has in fact praised Putin for years and said in November of Putin that "I got to know him very well."
*A repeat of the claim that American Muslims don't report terror plots to authorities. FBI Director James Comey said last month after the terrorist attack in Orlando, Florida, that "some of our most productive relationships are with people who see things and tell us things who happen to be Muslim."
*Trump appeared to confuse Virginia Gov. Tim Kaine, Clinton's running mate, with former New Jersey Gov. Tom Kean.
*He said he wouldn't go to France, which has been the target of several recent terror attacks. "France isn't France anymore," he said, likely referring to the number of immigrants who now live in France. The French Embassy declined to comment.

As clear an indication as any I might think of that conservatism in the US has gone totally insane is the real world fact that this man is their candidate and that so many Republican voters still support this guy over Clinton because she's Clinton (though it would be the same if the Dem candidate might have been Sanders or pretty much anyone else).
snood

Wed 27 Jul, 2016 03:55 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Okay Finn, I won't keep repeating. But just once more - so that I'm clear on your answer or lack of one.

Are you going to vote for Donald Trump?
Finn dAbuzz

Wed 27 Jul, 2016 05:42 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

Okay Finn, I won't keep repeating. But just once more - so that I'm clear on your answer or lack of one.

Are you going to vote for Donald Trump?

Look snood I don't what your game here is, but I have stated repeatedly that I will not vote for Trump.

Not that you will believe what I say, so, again, what is your game?
0 Replies