When will Hillary Clinton give up her candidacy ?

Finn dAbuzz

Tue 26 Jul, 2016 06:30 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

I wonder why Bernie and Elizabeth Warner turned to be so supportive of Hillary is all I am wondering.

It's simple.

They are both full of themselves and believe they are crucial to the well being of the nation. It is therefore essential that they maintain and increase, if possible, their share of power.

Doing so always involves compromising principles. The egoists, however, think it's for the greater good.
0 Replies

Blickers

Tue 26 Jul, 2016 06:32 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote Baldimo:
Quote:
It doesn't change the fact that someone else other than the GOP started the rumor. You can thank Hillary's people for this.

Not the point. The point is, George Bush 43's supporters went around very conservative South Carolina before the primary and strongly promoted a rumor that John McCain had an illegitimate black child. Yet Bush 43 himself said nothing about this, and you clearly think that since Bush 43 did not verbally support this accusation, he is not to be held to blame.

However, Hillary also denied a rumor that her supporters promoted, and you say it must stick to Hillary. But not to Bush 43. Double standard.

And both Hillary and Bush 43 should be considered way, way ahead of Romney, who by emphasizing that nobody has to worry about HIS birth certificate basically is implying that people have to worry about his opponent's, right in the middle of false accusations about his opponent's place of birth. Because with both Hillary and Bush, the possibility at least exists that each one truly did not know what their supporters were up to or might not be able to control them, but with Romney putting it out there like he did, no question that he was in on it. He might not have started the rumor, but he gave his seal of approval to it.
ossobucotemp

Tue 26 Jul, 2016 06:34 pm
@ossobucotemp,
If anyone does look at the Andrew Sullivan blog, I found, at least with my computer, that I have to keep refreshing the screen to see the next entries. No problem once I figured that out.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Tue 26 Jul, 2016 06:47 pm
@Blickers,
I'm not sure how reliable this link is, but it supports the idea that Bush's supporters tried to smear McCain.
http://www.bartcopnation.com/dc/dcboard.php?forum=8&topic_id=522&az=show_topic

There are many more like this one. I just happened to pick this one.
Blickers

Tue 26 Jul, 2016 07:00 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote Finn:
Quote:
You are being disingenuous.

And you are being accusatory. So there.

Quote:
Clinton's words were of a particularly nasty species of weasel.

If a Republican said the same thing, you would be apoplectic.

Her words were that Obama was not a Muslim, as far as she knows. If everyone in a position to know was asked if I was guilty of something presently unpopular and they all answered "No, as far as I know", I would certainly be pleased. However, when it comes to people of a political persuasion you don't favor, "No, as far as I know" counts as an odious affirmation.

Meanwhile, how about dealing with the issue: Should a candidate whose supporters say things that the candidate does not ever endorse nevertheless be held responsible for those things? I'd like an answer that applies to both political parties equally, unlike Baldimo who seems to think the question depends on whether the candidate is a Republican or a Democrat.

0 Replies

Blickers

Tue 26 Jul, 2016 07:04 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Thanks, CI. Very good link.
ossobucotemp

Tue 26 Jul, 2016 07:54 pm
@Blickers,
I'm finding tonight's Andrew Sullivan blog very useful re the immediate DNC scene. Finding myself tending to agree on comments, including his complaints.
snood

Tue 26 Jul, 2016 07:59 pm
@ossobucotemp,
He doesn't like Hillary, does he?
revelette2

Tue 26 Jul, 2016 09:19 pm
I watched Bill Clinton's speech, it was moving and quietly brilliant in that it told the human side to Hillary all the while telling of Hillary life long career. I am sure there are going to be those who disagree, but, that may be one of last times we hear a speech from him. Glad he spoke.
ossobucotemp

Tue 26 Jul, 2016 09:35 pm
@revelette2,
Yeah. No tv for me but I've completely enjoyed Andrew Sullivan's blog on it all.
To me he is quite astute, various good observations. He has been over time quite anti Clintons for reasons many of us had, but he's strongly reconsidered. Some others post short notes, and they're not bad either. I look forward to tomorrow's episode..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Sullivan
0 Replies

glitterbag

Tue 26 Jul, 2016 11:04 pm
The talking heads didn't seem to be impressed, but I loved listening to Bill. So did the convention goers and most happily so did their daughter, Chelsey. Bill is valuable, if Hillary wins, Bill will continue to be an asset.
cicerone imposter

Tue 26 Jul, 2016 11:34 pm
@glitterbag,
Bill is an excellent speaker; one of the best political speaker of our times.
glitterbag

Tue 26 Jul, 2016 11:45 pm
@cicerone imposter,
He has a gift that many of us don't. He can connect, and he can explain difficult issues without making others feel stupid.
roger

Tue 26 Jul, 2016 11:50 pm
@glitterbag,
Have you seen my new sig line?
glitterbag

Wed 27 Jul, 2016 12:27 am
@roger,
Gosh, I didn't notice, You must be very tall, right?
0 Replies

blatham

Wed 27 Jul, 2016 05:56 am
@georgeob1,
Let's see if we can tie this up.

It doesn't really help your argument that I am forwarding far-fetched conspiracy theories if, when I detail instances of such a thing, you respond with a claim that everyone does it.

Your protest is really that I focus on GOP/conservative instances. In this, you are right. But there's nothing wrong with that so long as I seek to be careful re accuracy and so long as I forward or reference good source material to back up what I allege so that others have the means to check the allegations.

While I concentrate on behaviors of modern conservatives in the US, anyone else might go ahead and focus on the behaviors of modern liberals/progressives. Totally fine and indeed a necessary task to take up. But again, careful reasoning and good sourcing, cited, is necessary to make that focused task of value.
bobsal u1553115

Wed 27 Jul, 2016 06:23 am
http://i63.tinypic.com/1zoyreg.jpg
0 Replies

revelette2

Wed 27 Jul, 2016 08:17 am
@glitterbag,
Perhaps you were watching MSNBC and heard that snarky comment from that republican analyzer though I admit Rachel's wasn't much better, she seemed to feel all that about their relationship wasn't good for feminist or something. Oh well, they are not always right.

Bill Clinton’s most important speech
giujohn

Wed 27 Jul, 2016 08:31 am
You're right Bill Clinton is an excellent speaker he has the power to Captivate an audience and own the room... Don't know what happened last night though. That's got to be the most boring speech I ever heard him utter. Maybe it was the topic that he had a hard time with. Oh well I guess you can't blame him. As for Rachel Maddow she's nothing but a fanatical foaming at the mouth lesbian who apparently has a problem with the use of the word girl... no wonder MSNBC is losing its market share.
revelette2

Wed 27 Jul, 2016 08:42 am
@giujohn,
That speech could have only been written by him, he delivered with just right amount of sincerity and he filled us in missing information concerning Hillary I for one didn't know and appreciate knowing.

But I forget who I am talking to, too bad Trump wasn't speaking so you could be entertained much like watching a two planes crash and everybody dying inside amid the spectacular flames.