When will Hillary Clinton give up her candidacy ?

Lash

Mon 25 Jul, 2016 06:44 am
Why the Koch brothers love and support Hillary Clinton: she works hard for their money.

Excerpt:

Perhaps Trump is hoping to get lots more contributions from Democratic donors than previous Republican Presidential nominees have. But he certainly won’t be able to come even close to matching Hillary’s campaign warchest, which is widely expected to break all previous records — and for good reason. (In fact, Hillary as the State Department chief, was, behind-the-scenes, ferociously assisting the Koch brothers, regarding the Keystone XL Pipeline project and other government-policy matters. She’s a proven dynamo for the super-rich.)

https://off-guardian.org/2016/07/22/koch-brothers-now-supporting-hillary-clinton/

------------------------

0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Mon 25 Jul, 2016 06:45 am
If the DNC’s toxic leaked emails are for real, this is what Hillary Clinton should do about them
By Colbert I. King July 23

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/wp/2016/07/23/if-the-dncs-toxic-leaked-emails-are-for-real-this-is-what-hillary-clinton-should-do-about-them/

Presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton in Charlotte, N.C., on July 5. (Melina Mara/The Washington Post)

It may be tempting for the media to walk away from the Republican National Convention and train their cameras and notebooks on next week’s Democratic Party proceedings in Philadelphia. That, however, would mean ignoring a nasty piece of political news that broke over the weekend. The story not only deserves closer public scrutiny; it also, if true, cries out for corrective action by presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton.

On Friday, The Post reported that, among internal emails taken from the Democratic National Committee and published by WikiLeaks were messages exchanged between the DNC’s chief financial officer Brad Marshall and other DNC officials that seemed to indicate they wanted Sen. Bernie Sander (I-Vt.) to be pressed about his faith so his beliefs could be turned against him.

Using a candidate’s faith or lack of religious belief as a political weapon is a disgusting tactic, made all the more repellent if used by a political party that prides itself on religious tolerance and diversity.

Sanders is not mentioned by name in the emails, but here is one of Marshall’s emails quoted in its entirety:

To: [email protected],[email protected], [email protected]
Date: 2016-05-05 03:31
Subject: No s—
It might may no difference, but for KY [Kentucky] and WVA [West Virginia} can we get someone to ask his belief. Does he believe in a God. He had skated on saying he has a Jewish heritage. I think I read he is an atheist. This could make several points difference with my peeps. My Southern Baptist peeps would draw a big difference between a Jew and an atheist.

The email was sent to DNC Communications Director Luis Miranda and Deputy Communications Director Mark Paustenbach and chief executive officer Amy Lacey.

Another Marshall email, The Post reported, time-stamped a few minutes later, says, “It’s these Jesus thing.” A few hours later, Lacey reportedly responds: “Amen.”

The DNC didn’t respond to The Post for comment, but “The Intercept,” an online publication, which first reported on the WikiLeaks email, quoted Marshall as saying via email that he didn’t “recall” the exchange, adding, “it would not have been Sanders. It would probably be about a surrogate.”

Marshall needs his memory refreshed. And there’s no one better to do that than Hillary Clinton. After all, it is in her interest, as a Democratic Party leader, to ensure that the party’s hierarchy isn’t involved in the business of drawing out the religious beliefs of opponents in order to harm their campaigns. The presumptive leader of the Democratic Party cannot countenance such despicable behavior.
Content from Siemens Manufacturing: The revolution will be digitalized
Watch how automation in manufacturing is optimizing work done by humans.

So on her way to Philadelphia, Clinton should stop by party headquarters to learn exactly who was looking to find someone to ask Sanders whether he believed in God or was an atheist. And if she finds out that that is what the DNC’s CFO, CEO and communications director were up to, she should tell them that she intends to stop by headquarters on her way back from Philadelphia next week and that she intends to find someone to ask if they have left their jobs. If they haven’t, she’s going to find someone to tell them they are fired. And if she can’t, she’ll tell them herself.

Then off to Philly and shouts from the roaring crowd.

Colbert I. “Colby” King writes a column -- sometimes about D.C., sometimes about politics -- on that runs on Saturdays. In 2003, he won the Pulitzer Prize for Commentary. King joined the Post’s editorial board in 1990 and served as deputy editorial page editor from 2000 to 2007.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Mon 25 Jul, 2016 06:46 am
Remove Brad Marshall from DNC
Ryan Brady San Francisco, CA

Based on the WikiLeak of DNC internal emails, DNC CFO Brad Marshall suggested using Bernie Sanders's faith against him in the primary. Not only is the DNC supposed to remain impartial on the choice of candidate, this demeans the beliefs (or lack thereof) of atheist Democrats.

There is no question about it. Brad Marshall has got to go. Don't stop at signing this petition. Contact the DNC directly and let them know this cannot stand!

To: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]
Date: 2016-05-05 03:31
Subject: No ****
It might may no difference, but for KY and WVA can we get someone to ask his belief. Does he believe in a God. He had skated on saying he has a Jewish heritage. I think I read he is an atheist. This could make several points difference with my peeps. My Southern Baptist peeps would draw a big difference between a Jew and an atheist.

https://theintercept.com/2016/07/22/new-leak-top-dnc-official-wanted-to-use-bernie-sanderss-religious-beliefs-against-him/
This petition will be delivered to:

Democratic National Committee
0 Replies

Lash

Mon 25 Jul, 2016 07:39 am
"Bedlam erupts" as crooked DWS tries to slither into a breakfast for Florida delegates. Her own state.

I cannot wait to see the people's response to Hillary Clinton bullshit.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/07/chaos-erupts-as-wasserman-schultz-speaks-to-florida-delegates-226113?cmpid=sf#ixzz4FQWt70PW
0 Replies

Lash

Mon 25 Jul, 2016 08:08 am
68% of AMERICANS say Hillary Clinton is corrupt.
InfraBlue

Mon 25 Jul, 2016 08:15 am
@Lash,
How many of those Americans will vote for her over Trump?
Lash

Mon 25 Jul, 2016 08:22 am
@InfraBlue,
That's the big question. Very damning that 7 out of ten Americans think she's a shithole, tho.

Is that your hope for the future of the country?
InfraBlue

Mon 25 Jul, 2016 08:29 am
@Lash,
While she is bad, the alternative is much much worse for the future of the country.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Mon 25 Jul, 2016 08:34 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Mr. Sanders is watching the gains he made disappearing right in front of his eyes. Must be frustrating for him.
0 Replies

snood

Mon 25 Jul, 2016 08:40 am
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

Quote:
Don't look now....but HRC has put DWS on her team. What a popular move this will be!

No she hasn't. No news of it anywhere.

Does this count?
0 Replies

Lash

Mon 25 Jul, 2016 08:48 am
Hillary Clinton could shoot someone in broad daylight on Fifth Avenue, and fools would still vote for her.

She's Donald Trump's doppelgänger.
InfraBlue

Mon 25 Jul, 2016 09:51 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

Hillary Clinton could shoot someone in broad daylight on Fifth Avenue, and fools would still vote for her.

She's Donald Trump's doppelgänger.

Do you think Trump would make a better president?
Lash

Mon 25 Jul, 2016 10:02 am
@InfraBlue,
I reject The Lesser Evil Voting narrative.

It's broken. I'm not playing by those rules anymore. I'm putting out the trash one bag at a time and demanding a democratic system responsive to the people.
revelette2

Mon 25 Jul, 2016 10:08 am
There seems to be a Russian element in the whole WikiLeaks DNC thing no one is really discussing. With Donald Trump publicly saying all this stuff about NATO, Putin would have a reason for wanting Trump to be president. Apparently experts have researched the source of the hack into the DNC and it was two Russian intelligence agencies.

Quote:
Proving the source of a cyberattack is notoriously difficult. But researchers have concluded that the national committee was breached by two Russian intelligence agencies, which were the same attackers behind previous Russian cyberoperations at the White House, the State Department and the Joint Chiefs of Staff last year. And metadata from the released emails suggests that the documents passed through Russian computers. Though a hacker claimed responsibility for giving the emails to WikiLeaks, the same agencies are the prime suspects. Whether the thefts were ordered by Mr. Putin, or just carried out by apparatchiks who thought they might please him, is anyone’s guess.

source
InfraBlue

Mon 25 Jul, 2016 10:11 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

I'm putting out the trash one bag at a time and demanding a democratic system responsive to the people.

What do you mean by that, exactly? While you throw away the Hilary trash bag you'd allow for a Trump trash bag presidency?
Lash

Mon 25 Jul, 2016 10:14 am
@revelette2,
It's a HILLARY/ MSM colluded diversion from their guilt. 70% of the country knows it.
revelette2

Mon 25 Jul, 2016 10:18 am
Why Americans are voting for Hillary Clinton
0 Replies

maporsche

Mon 25 Jul, 2016 10:21 am
@Lash,
I'm curious if you'll ever start posting about what the progressive cause you actually BELIEVE in now...or if you're just going to continue to be anti-Hillary and anit-DNC?
maporsche

Mon 25 Jul, 2016 10:25 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

That's the big question. Very damning that 7 out of ten Americans think she's a shithole, tho.

What poll asked the question "Is Hillary a shithole?".

I think 100% of politicians are self-serving, poll watching, self-aggrandizing, power hungry, and can only be trusted as far as I can throw them.

That doesn't make them all equal. That doesn't make me want to vote for Trump.
ehBeth

Mon 25 Jul, 2016 10:30 am
@revelette2,
It's not really a surprise.

The right-of-centre gang has been praising Mr. Putin on US social media for close to 2 years now.
0 Replies