When will Hillary Clinton give up her candidacy ?

RABEL222

Sun 24 Jul, 2016 06:15 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Does this mean that they are going to do away with the undemocratic caucuses? Or have we older citizens given over the party,'s voting privileges to the under 30 collage crowd? In the area where I live they have already closed a poling place and are making the people who live in my area drive 14 mi. to vote. About a 100 people in the 60 to 80 year range.
RABEL222

Sun 24 Jul, 2016 06:18 pm
@Lash,
I seem to remember good old Bernie cracking the democratic partys computers to get information on Hillary. Want to restate that cheating crap Lash?
0 Replies

Blickers

Sun 24 Jul, 2016 06:24 pm
@snood,
I think the former president address of Mr. President would rightfully prevail. I can't see that anyone could think that Mr. (Male equivalent of First Lady, whatever it is), would be used instead. For one thing, being president is an office one achieves themselves, not as through one's spouse.

Similarly, I would think that if a President, male or female, was married to a former Cabinet secretary, the Mr. or Madam Secretary designation would prevail.
reasoning logic

Sun 24 Jul, 2016 06:40 pm
@cicerone imposter,

Quote:
You listen to one guy, and arrive at a conclusion? No wonder you're ill informed.

I listen to many people around the world. Please be specific about what you think I am ill informed about. Could you give one example of empirical data that I have been wrong about?

0 Replies

snood

Sun 24 Jul, 2016 07:39 pm
@Blickers,
Yeah, you're probably right. It's an amusing mental exercise, anyway.
Lash

Sun 24 Jul, 2016 09:36 pm
https://www.google.com/amp/www.cnbc.com/amp/2016/07/24/berning-with-anger-protesters-take-philadelphia-streets-ahead-of-democratic-convention.html?client=safari#

On the streets of Philadelphia.

0 Replies

blatham

Sun 24 Jul, 2016 09:41 pm
Tonight I was imagining four or five years up the road when things haven't gone well for Donald. He's busking in the NY subway at Penn Station. He's in blackface and doing field holler songs.
ossobucotemp

Sun 24 Jul, 2016 09:43 pm
@blatham,
That will get him a gig..
blatham

Sun 24 Jul, 2016 09:48 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Nowhere but up from here for him. It'll be amazing!
0 Replies

blatham

Sun 24 Jul, 2016 09:51 pm
Existential Inkst

I believe in the Gods. I just don't like Them. Take God and Satan. Good cop, bad cop. They're both ******* us around.
Blickers

Sun 24 Jul, 2016 10:01 pm
@snood,
True, there's no fault in speculating on what the name would be if the president's husband wasn't a former president himself.

In the UK they call the husband of the Queen the Prince Consort. Since we don't have royalty in the US, we could either call him the Prince Consort in honor of the late and well known musical figure, or call him the Presidential Consort.

How's that?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Sun 24 Jul, 2016 10:04 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

Quote:
you've got plenty of precedent of what to call former presidents

Obviously. But none of what to call the spouse of the first female CIC - a designation that is arguably just as, or even more significant as "former president"

I don't think that spouse of anything is ever as good as the designation one earns for oneself. He earned the Mr. President. It trumps First Gent.
0 Replies

Lash

Sun 24 Jul, 2016 10:34 pm
Tens of thousands of people protesting Hillary Clinton plan demonstrations, de-registrations-#demexit- and a push against the cheating Democrat party.

Looks like the revolution WILL be televised.
ossobucotemp

Sun 24 Jul, 2016 10:47 pm
Sorry if this link was posted before. I understand the feelings of most described in the article, being a Hillary grump myself. Yes, I voted for her in the primary.

Useful article, or if not, worth a read -

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/cover_story/2016/07/the_people_who_hate_hillary_clinton_the_most.html
0 Replies

Miller

Sun 24 Jul, 2016 10:57 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Existential Inkst

Take God and Satan. ... They're both ******* us around.

Speak for yourself!
0 Replies

Miller

Sun 24 Jul, 2016 11:06 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Tonight I was imagining four or five years up the road when things haven't gone well for Donald. He's busking in the NY subway at Penn Station. He's in blackface and doing field holler songs.

I imagine Bernie dead from either the 2016 Summer heat or on life support at a nearby hospital, having suffereda massive stroke.

He'll be in "RED FACE" and snow white hair and he won't be doing "field holler songs".
0 Replies

Brand X

Mon 25 Jul, 2016 03:58 am
Don't look now....but HRC has put DWS on her team. What a popular move this will be!
bobsal u1553115

Mon 25 Jul, 2016 06:10 am
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CoIx3bKWIAEJWV-.jpg
bobsal u1553115

Mon 25 Jul, 2016 06:15 am
@RABEL222,
It means that there will be 2/3's less Duperdelegates and that the one third remaining will be from the DNC iteslf.

Its a good start.

Caususes gotta go, too. The RNC decided to do away with their caucuses.
bobsal u1553115

Mon 25 Jul, 2016 06:44 am
@Brand X,
Quote:
Don't look now....but HRC has put DWS on her team. What a popular move this will be!

No she hasn't. No news of it anywhere.