When will Hillary Clinton give up her candidacy ?

revelette2

Mon 25 Jul, 2016 10:32 am
@Lash,
Ok, I actually read your post but I haven't responded. I have been waiting for an apology over the post which has disappeared. I am not going to get it, so be it. If you bring it up other than to apologize, I am going to ignore and not respond to it.

Moving on.

I agree it is a distraction and the Clinton campaign is using it to combat the DNC email scandal.

However, it is actually a bigger deeper problem in terms of outside countries messing with our country and reading our secret government information and trying to influence who is going to be president. It is something I hope all relevant agencies are paying attention to and trying to fix somehow.
Lash

Mon 25 Jul, 2016 10:58 am
@revelette2,
LOL, your previous post was a response.

I don't know what disappeared post you refer to, but I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. You owe me a legion of apologies.

Hillary Clinton is in a position to do is great damage, by leading us to war with Russia so she can use Putin as a diversion from her own responsibility for election corruption.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Mon 25 Jul, 2016 11:38 am
@revelette2,
revelette2 wrote:

However, it is actually a bigger deeper problem in terms of outside countries messing with our country and reading our secret government information and trying to influence who is going to be president. It is something I hope all relevant agencies are paying attention to and trying to fix somehow.

All of this of course provides us great reassurance over the likely hacking of the private server on which Hillary apparently stored all he official e mail correspondence. You and other of her slavish supporters have repeatedly assured us that "there is no evidewnce suggesting her server was hacked" when in fact it is well-known that hacking usually leaves no traces and the common sense likelihood that all her e mail was read by other interested countrys is very high indeed.
cicerone imposter

Mon 25 Jul, 2016 11:40 am
@georgeob1,
With spies working in all countries, it's not only about the email.
0 Replies

revelette2

Mon 25 Jul, 2016 11:46 am
@georgeob1,
Quote:
All of this of course provides us great reassurance over the likely hacking of the private server on which Hillary apparently stored all he official e mail correspondence. You and other of her slavish supporters have repeatedly assured us that "there is no evidewnce suggesting her server was hacked" when in fact it is well-known that hacking usually leaves no traces and the common sense likelihood that all her e mail was read by other interested countrys is very high indeed.

The FBI has testified there is no evidence any successful hacks were made into Hillary's Clinton's email server. They further testified there attempts but those attempts were not successful. On the other hand, there were successful hacks into the State Department email system. Those are the facts, your entire post consist of nothing but conjecture out of nothing but your wish there was hacking into her server to serve your narrative.
cicerone imposter

Mon 25 Jul, 2016 11:49 am
@revelette2,
Agree. Here's a Fact Check on the issue.
http://www.factcheck.org/2016/06/partisan-spin-on-clintons-emails/
snood

Mon 25 Jul, 2016 12:06 pm
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

I'm curious if you'll ever start posting about what the progressive cause you actually BELIEVE in now...or if you're just going to continue to be anti-Hillary and anit-DNC?

What's really creepy is that, while she's doing nothing but bitterly slinging smears like a manic junior high school mean girl, she seems to really think it's productive.
Giving sight to the blind, or something. Really deluded, crazy ****.
0 Replies

blatham

Mon 25 Jul, 2016 12:13 pm
One can understand how the Trump/RNC emails are safe from Russian attempts to hack. Much easier just to phone Donald or Manafort and make inquiries.
0 Replies

snood

Mon 25 Jul, 2016 12:13 pm
I posted this on 'What will Bernie Do?', but still would like some feedback, especially after seeing how Bernie continues to send tepid, mixed messages of "endorsement"...

Paraphrased from bits of interviews:

Interviewer: Do you support Hillary Clinton?
Bernie: Yes, I will do everything in my power to make sure Donald Trump is not the president of the United States.
Interviewer: Will you encourage your followers to support her?
Bernie: It's not up to me to say "vote for Hillary" - it's up to Hillary to convince them that she's the right candidate.

Does anyone else see the dissonance in Bernie's words? How is he doing "everything in his power" to defeat Trump if he keeps being reticent about encouraging people to vote for Hillary?
georgeob1

Mon 25 Jul, 2016 12:20 pm
@cicerone imposter,
An excerpt from Cicerone's fact check.

Quote:
Update, July 6: Comey announced on July 5 that he would not recommend charges against Clinton or her staff. At a press conference, Comey said the FBI “did not find direct evidence that Secretary Clinton’s personal email domain … was successfully hacked. But, given the nature of the system and of the actors potentially involved, we assess that we would be unlikely to see such direct evidence.”

Comey added that “it is possible that hostile actors gained access” to Clinton’s email account, because, among other factors, she sent and received “work-related emails in the territory of sophisticated adversaries.”

0 Replies

blatham

Mon 25 Jul, 2016 12:22 pm
@snood,
I think your underlying question -how robust will his support be? - ought to be answered tonight.

But you are right to point to a rather tempered level of support in that quote. When did that Q and A happen?
ehBeth

Mon 25 Jul, 2016 12:22 pm
@snood,
What is he going to do? he knows that a large group of his supporters aren't Democrats. Several subsets have made it clear they're not following him anywhere. There's nothing in it for him to tell other people how to vote. He can only tell them what he plans to do.

__

from good old RT (love how the Russians have all the inside dirt on the US campaigns)

https://www.rt.com/usa/353124-sanders-memo-private-plane/

link to the document - fascinating read

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/2997841-End-Game-2016.html
blatham

Mon 25 Jul, 2016 12:26 pm
@georgeob
Can you give me some idea of the proportion of the conservatives you were hanging with in that Tarzan/Bodhi tree retreat are frightened (meaning quite terrified) by the prospect of a Trump victory?
snood

Mon 25 Jul, 2016 12:32 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
What is he going to do? he knows that a large group of his supporters aren't Democrats. Several subsets have made it clear they're not following him anywhere. There's nothing in it for him to tell other people how to vote. He can only tell them what he plans to do.

Are you being intentionally obtuse? Of course he could provide more enthusiastic support, and encourage support from his followers. It's telling that you mention what's "in it" for him. Isn't it more important what's 'in it' for the country if he really did all he could to defeat Trump?
Lash

Mon 25 Jul, 2016 12:33 pm
@maporsche,
I've talked about progressive issues I support plenty of times. You see what forwards your narrative.
snood

Mon 25 Jul, 2016 12:35 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

I think your underlying question -how robust will his support be? - ought to be answered tonight.

But you are right to point to a rather tempered level of support in that quote. When did that Q and A happen?

It's just an amalgam of different interviews I've seen with Bernie. I was clear about it being something I paraphrased, but I don't think anyone disputes this is his attitude. He says he will do all he can to defeat Trump but I guess "everything" just doesn't include (even a show of) enthusiastic support for Hillary.
Baldimo

Mon 25 Jul, 2016 12:36 pm
@revelette2,
So they were able to hack the DNC but unable to hack Hillary?
glitterbag

Mon 25 Jul, 2016 12:37 pm
@Lash,
Well sure, you do that all the time.
0 Replies

blatham

Mon 25 Jul, 2016 12:49 pm
@snood,
Tonight ought to tell the tale.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Mon 25 Jul, 2016 12:53 pm
@snood,
Did you read the End Game document?

__

Do you think any of Mr. Sanders' supporters will vote for Mrs. Clinton based on his recommendation? I don't see it happening. Those who would switch did so without his recommendation, the balance seem to be doubling down regardless of his comments.

So, yeah, I think it's fair to ask what he'd do that would have any impact.