When will Hillary Clinton give up her candidacy ?

snood

Tue 5 Jul, 2016 12:40 pm
@revelette2,
It's not mistakes - I don't see it as right or wrong and I don't make a habit of going around correcting spelling or grammar. I ask because the patterns in the way you write reminds me of people for whom English is not their first language.
revelette2

Tue 5 Jul, 2016 01:05 pm
@snood,
Well, I will try not to take offense, pretty sure you don't mean it in an insulting way. It could be growing up with a hearing problem and not really dealing with it other than taking speech classes. Or perhaps I just word my words oddly. I don't know.
RABEL222

Tue 5 Jul, 2016 01:49 pm
@edgarblythe,
You mean like they have gained access to the FBI sites?
0 Replies

RABEL222

Tue 5 Jul, 2016 01:51 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I know one person who wouldent vote for the lier Sanders. Myself.
0 Replies

snood

Tue 5 Jul, 2016 01:52 pm
@revelette2,
No offense meant.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Tue 5 Jul, 2016 01:57 pm
@cicerone imposter,
CI, if that is a sign of senility than I am also. At the age of 80 we both have the right to not be able to come up with the proper word meaning to say what we want to say. And as far as memory goes I cant remember names or sometime things I did yesterday. Its called "the golden years" and whoever came up with that term should be hung from the nearest tree.
RABEL222

Tue 5 Jul, 2016 02:02 pm
@revelette2,
Keep your eyes on his political spending of funds that he has received from the public. Seems he and his people are enriching themselves off the public funds.
0 Replies

blatham

Tue 5 Jul, 2016 06:42 pm
@georgeob1,
Quote:
I'm not surprised by today's announcement. The President had made his assessment of the case very clear several months ago and more recently had scheduled a joint campaign appearance with Hillary this week: I doubt that would have been done had a

Now that's the best unfinished paragraph I ever saw.

However, the completed sentences seem are rather odd.
Quote:
The President had made his assessment of the case very clear several months ago

Why would his assessment matter at all? Lots of legal people have made assessments. I'm guessing that your point here is not that Obama is uniquely versed in the relevant laws and is unusually intelligent such that he could just do an assessment and get it right. So it's an odd sentence fragment.
Quote:
ago and more recently had scheduled a joint campaign appearance with Hillary this week: I doubt that would have been done

This seems to imply (and tie me to a llama's ass if I'm off kilter again) that Obama had prior knowledge of the FBI's finding back whenever this joint appearance was scheduled. Eh? I suppose he could have. I don't know how this works normally. So that might be because he just knew, legitimately or as is the normal course of such investigations of a cabinet minister. Or, of course, it might be that you suggest he knew because it was his decision. Because the fix was in.

?????

You see, george, you didn't finish that sentence and I am left hanging on the line like Ava Gardner's brassieres.
blatham

Tue 5 Jul, 2016 07:12 pm
And now, of course, already two GOP dudes are calling for another investigation into the emails.

There would be, you'd think, some point where these folks just blurt out the truth:

WE HATE LIBERALS LIKE WE HATE SATAN
cicerone imposter

Tue 5 Jul, 2016 07:18 pm
@blatham,
Don't you get it? They love investigations and what they might suggest. They don't care about the cost; it's the principle of digging for the truth. Their truth.
Another investigation, please.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Tue 5 Jul, 2016 10:23 pm
@blatham,
He is a lawyer, and knew she hadent broken any laws. The republican FBI man did his best to make her look as bad as possible even as he admitted she broke no laws. He is just a small time J Edgar Hoover. The republican house is really pissed at him and I have read they are going to call him into the house and make him tell them why he dident recommend she be executed. The republicans thought they owned the FBI just the way the 1% own them.
0 Replies

revelette2

Wed 6 Jul, 2016 05:41 am
@RABEL222,
I hope when I am in my eighties I am as articulate and as spry as you both seem to me. Apparently I already shows signs of senility or at least of being foreign or just uneducated, I can't imagine what I'll be like in about twenty or so years.
revelette2

Wed 6 Jul, 2016 05:44 am
Ryan: GOP will hold hearings on Clinton probe

Quote:
Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) said Tuesday evening that Republicans will hold hearings to learn more about the FBI's decision to not recommend criminal charges for presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton.

"People have been convicted for far less," Ryan said during an interview with Megyn Kelly on Fox News's "The Kelly File," saying that he thought FBI director James Comey "was going to recommend prosecution" based on the FBI director's opening remarks in a press conference Tuesday.

Ryan said the FBI's decision not to recommend charges "underscores the belief that the Clintons live above the law."

Comey said that while there was evidence Clinton and her staff was "extremely careless" with classified information, "no reasonable prosecutor" would bring a case against her.

"We're going to have hearings," Ryan said on Fox, mentioning House Oversight Committee Chairman Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah). Chaffetz indicated hours earlier on Fox that he was considering calling Comey to Capitol Hill to testify on the FBI's probe and conclusion not to recommend charges.

Ryan said Clinton "clearly lives above the law," saying Comey "shredded" Clinton's defense of her email practices while serving as secretary of State. Ryan described Clinton as grossly negligent.

Ryan said the FBI should release its findings regarding the Clinton email investigation.

He also called for the Director of National Intelligence to "block" Clinton from accessing classified information given her handling of government secrets over her private email server.

"I don't think she should get classified information," Ryan said.

Republicans have shown anger and disbelief over the decision not to pursue criminal charges, with GOP presidential candidate Donald Trump blasting a "rigged" system.

The way this country is now, I have to admit, I am starting to hate it. So now we have the potential to have a President who will not have access to classified information. Incredible.
0 Replies

woiyo

Wed 6 Jul, 2016 06:39 am
@engineer,
Your amazing ! The FBI Director said ANYONE SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BETTER. Yet you give her an excuse that say she is no IT person?

We are screwed people. This kind of attitude from engineer will certainly lead to a 2 class system. Guess who won;t be a part of the ruling class? Engineer won't be a part of the ruling class and all the rest of us shlubs on A2K.
engineer

Wed 6 Jul, 2016 07:22 am
@woiyo,
When Colin Powell did it, no one batted an eye. (I notice the FBI is not opening an investigation into his server.) When everyone got Clinton's emails from her own server, again, no one said anything. There were thousands of people who "should have known better" but apparently no one did. The reality is that Clinton was following an accepted State Department precedent. What have we learned from reading all her emails? That she was a pretty hard working and dedicated Secretary of State.

Do I trust Clinton to set up my home computer network? No. Do I trust her to work toward a better healthcare system, obtain better treatment for veterans, improve civil rights for all Americans, establish and maintain reasonable taxation rates, work with our allies to form solutions to global problems, and forge a better future for all Americans? Yes.

Why? Because she has concrete, thoughtful proposals on how to do all of that. She has a history in the Senate of being thoughtful and well prepared. She has traveled the world on behalf of the US, negotiating with our allies and our competitors. She has fought and pushed legislation on behalf of 911 first responders, women and children, military veterans. You have a choice in this election of someone with lots of experience, someone who has studied the issues and has a lot more to say than sound bites and someone who can fit everything he knows about an issue into forty words. Is Clinton my perfect candidate? No, she is a little to enthusiastic about military intervention for my tastes, but compared to the alternatives out there, she is a lot more qualified, a lot more knowledgeable, and a lot more temperate than our other options. Your main two choices here are between someone who used a private email server and someone who defrauded middle class people out of millions with false promises of real estate advice, someone who drove perfectly good businesses in the ground and someone who has routinely shown bigotry and hostility towards Americans who are not in his tribe. Compared to that, you are worried about an email server? You are worried about the US devolving into a two class system and yet you support a self proclaimed billionaire who routinely uses lawsuits to silence anyone who tries to shine a light on his shady dealings? Yes, BRING ON PRESIDENT CLINTON! Bring on well though out policies. Bring on cohesive foreign policy! Bring on intelligent decision making! We'll assign someone else to set up the email service.
blatham

Wed 6 Jul, 2016 07:42 am
There is nothing that is even mildly surprising in what Ryan, Chaffetz and Fox etc are now doing. It is what they always do.
0 Replies

Blickers

Wed 6 Jul, 2016 08:50 am
Fact is, in order to have even a ghost of a chance for a deeply flawed candidate like Trump to win, the GOP needed an indictment. They didn't get it. Now they're screaming and hollering trying to get as much mileage as possible out of this, but their big chance has been shown to be a fail.
0 Replies

woiyo

Wed 6 Jul, 2016 10:11 am
@engineer,
My 4 year old grandchild says the same thing...""JOHNNY DID IT!!!"

Just the facts...

CLINTON: "I did not email any classified material to anyone on my email. There is no classified material." News conference, March 2015.

THE FACTS: Actually, the FBI identified at least 113 emails that passed through Clinton's server and contained materials that were classified at the time they were sent, including some that were Top Secret and referred to a highly classified special access program, Comey said.

Most of those emails — 110 of them — were included among 30,000 emails that Clinton returned to the State Department around the time her use of a private email server was discovered. The three others were recovered from a forensic analysis of Clinton's server. "Any reasonable person in Secretary Clinton's position or in the position of those with whom she was corresponding about the matters should have known that an unclassified system was no place for that conversation," Comey said. Clinton and her aides "were extremely careless in their handling of very sensitive, highly classified information," he said.

___

CLINTON: "I never received nor sent any material that was marked classified." NBC interview, July 2016.

THE FACTS: Clinton has separately clung to her rationale that there were no classification markings on her emails that would have warned her and others not to transmit the sensitive material. But the private system did, in fact, handle emails that bore markings indicating they contained classified information, Comey said.

He said the marked emails were "a very small number." But that's not the only standard for judging how officials handle sensitive material, he added. "Even if information is not marked classified in an email, participants who know, or should know, that the subject matter is classified are still obligated to protect it."

___

CLINTON: "I responded right away and provided all my emails that could possibly be work related" to the State Department. News conference, March 2015.

THE FACTS: Not so, the FBI found.

Comey said that when his forensic team examined Clinton's server it found there were "several thousand work-related emails that were not in the group of 30,000" that had been returned by Clinton to the State Department.

___

CLINTON: "I thought it would be easier to carry just one device for my work and for personal emails instead of two." News conference, March 2015.

THE FACTS: This reasoning for using private email both for public business and private correspondence didn't hold up in the investigation. Clinton "used numerous mobile devices to view and send email" using her personal account, Comey said. He also said Clinton had used different servers.

___

CLINTON: "It was on property guarded by the Secret Service, and there were no security breaches. ... The use of that server, which started with my husband, certainly proved to be effective and secure." News conference, March 2015.

CLINTON campaign website: "There is no evidence there was ever a breach."

THE FACTS: The campaign website claimed "no evidence" of a breach, a less categorical statement than Clinton herself made last year, when she said there was no breach. The FBI did not uncover a breach but made clear that that possibility cannot be ruled out.

"We assess it is possible that hostile actors gained access to Secretary Clinton's personal email account," Comey said.

He said evidence would be hard to find because hackers are sophisticated and can cover their tracks. Comey said his investigators learned that Clinton's security lapses included using "her personal email extensively while outside the United States, including sending and receiving work-related emails in the territory of sophisticated adversaries." Comey also noted that hackers breached the email accounts of several outsiders who messaged with Clinton.

Comey did not mention names, but a Romanian hacker who called himself Guccifer accessed and later leaked emails from Sidney Blumenthal, an outside adviser to Clinton who regularly communicated with her.

___

CLINTON: "I opted for convenience to use my personal email account, which was allowed by the State Department." News conference, March 2015.

THE FACTS: Comey did not address Clinton's reason for using a private server instead of a government one, but he highlighted the perils in routing sensitive information through a home server.

The FBI found that Clinton's personal server was "not even supported by full-time security staff like those found at agencies and departments of the United States government or even with a commercial email service like Gmail," the director said.

A May 2016 audit by the State Department inspector general found there was no evidence Clinton sought or received approval to operate a private server, and that she "had an obligation to discuss using her personal email account to conduct official business with their offices." Courts have frowned on such a practice.

In an unrelated case, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit ruled Tuesday that the purpose of public records law is "hardly served" when a department head "can deprive the citizens of their right to know what his department is up to" by maintaining emails on a private system.

She is hiding something else, maybe how she uses extortion to fund the charity?

Your next President.
revelette2

Wed 6 Jul, 2016 11:54 am
@woiyo,
So like everyone other conservative talking about this tiresome subject, do you believe Coney showed favoritism towards Clinton and he lied when he said there wasn't really a case which could be brought against her? If you believed he lied then, why do you believe the rest of what he has to say?
snood

Wed 6 Jul, 2016 12:49 pm
@revelette2,
revelette2 wrote:

So like everyone other conservative talking about this tiresome subject, do you believe Coney showed favoritism towards Clinton and he lied when he said there wasn't really a case which could be brought against her? If you believed he lied then, why do you believe the rest of what he has to say?

[raising hand and waving frantically] Ooh! ooh! I know! I know! Can I answer?!?