When will Hillary Clinton give up her candidacy ?

woiyo

Tue 5 Jul, 2016 10:38 am
@parados,
She as "CARELESS" and "SHOULD HAVE KNOWN". that makes her incompetent and she must withdraw her candidacy.

No make more lame excuses for her.......
revelette2

Tue 5 Jul, 2016 10:59 am
FBI recommends no charges for Clinton over email system at State Department

WASHINGTON — The FBI recommended Tuesday that Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton should not face criminal charges over her use of a private email server as secretary of State, even though she and aides were "extremely careless" in handling classified information.

While FBI Director James Comey criticized Clinton and her aides for carelessly handling classified, top-secret information, he said there is no evidence she intended to do so, the basis for criminal charges.

"Although there is evidence of potential violations of the statutes regarding the handling of classified information," Comey said in a 15-minute statement explaining the investigation, "our judgment is that no reasonable prosecutor would bring such a case."

Comey said his agency acted apolitically, and went where the facts took them. While, technically, the FBI makes recommendations to Justice Department prosecutors over potential charges, Attorney General Loretta Lynch has said she would accept the bureau's views in this case.

"In looking back at our investigations into mishandling of removal of classified information, we cannot find a case that would support bringing criminal charges on these facts," Comey said.

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump criticized the FBI's decision, tweeting that "the system is rigged" and citing charges brought against Gen. David Petraeus over handling of classified information.

"General Petraeus got in trouble for far less," Trump said. "Very very unfair! As usual, bad judgment."

In another tweet, Trump noted that the FBI director "said Crooked Hillary compromised our national security. No charges. Wow."

Clinton, who campaigns later in the day with President Obama in North Carolina, did not address Comey’s statement or the FBI’s findings during a morning speech at the National Education Association in Washington.

Comey, meanwhile, take Clinton and State Department officials to task for their procedures in handling sensitive information.

"Although we did not find clear evidence that Secretary Clinton or her colleagues intended to violate laws governing the handling of classified information, there is evidence that they were extremely careless in their handling of very sensitive, highly classified information," he said.

Comey said that, of the 30,000 or so Clinton emails provided by the State Department,110 messages in 52 email chains were determined to have contained classified information at the time they were sent or received.

Eight of those email chains contained information that was top secret at the time they were sent or received, the FBI reported; 36 of the email chains contained secret information at the time; and contained lesser confidential information.

The previously unannounced statement came three days after FBI agents interviewed Clinton about her use of private email while secretary of State.

After the Saturday interview, Clinton spokesman Nick Merrill said the former secretary of State was "pleased to have had the opportunity to assist the Department of Justice in bringing this review to a conclusion."

For months, Trump had predicted that Clinton would not face charges, claiming the Justice Department investigation has been "rigged" in her favor.

Trump and other Republicans protested a recent meeting between Lynch and former president Bill Clinton, the candidate's husband. The two said they discussed personal matters, not the investigation.

Comey spoke just hours before Clinton campaigns in Charlotte along with President Obama, their first joint political appearance of the year.
cicerone imposter

Tue 5 Jul, 2016 11:01 am
@revelette2,
I don't think it matters. Two-thirds of Americans don't trust Hillary.
http://heatst.com/politics/poll-trust-hillary-clinton/
revelette2

Tue 5 Jul, 2016 11:03 am
@cicerone imposter,
I am not sure I trust all polls, most polls have shown Clinton leading over Trump and in the end that is what matters. And yes it matters a great deal Clinton was not recommended by the FBI to be charged. If it had gone the other way, imagine the crowing plus it would have put a wrench in the democrat candidate.

Poll: Clinton Leads Trump, But How Would November Look Without Him?
cicerone imposter

Tue 5 Jul, 2016 11:06 am
@revelette2,
Not to worry. All polls between Sanders and Trump shows Sanders with a 10 point margin.
revelette2

Tue 5 Jul, 2016 11:08 am
@cicerone imposter,
Sometimes CI you say the most useless things, who cares what Sanders poll numbers are? He is not the democratic candidate, he is out, he is irrelevant.
cicerone imposter

Tue 5 Jul, 2016 11:10 am
@revelette2,
It's my senility. Most things I say are useless, so just ignore me.
revelette2

Tue 5 Jul, 2016 11:13 am
@cicerone imposter,
Oh now, are you trying to dredge up sympathy? You know you are not senile. There was plenty of bad things in that article you could have pointed out, the FBI director wasn't complimentary of Clinton, but in the end, she did nothing criminal. Personally I think the whole thing boiled down she really didn't know how to work a computer and it was easier for to use her phone. Plus she didn't want potential malicious people having access to her personal comments and/or emails. At least I read that somewhere. My aunts (got a lot of them) are that age, they have same trouble.
cicerone imposter

Tue 5 Jul, 2016 11:21 am
@revelette2,
Yes I am senile. I forget many things, and it's a good thing I have my wife. I forget simple things like taking my meds twice every day. Where the car is parked when we visit a shopping mall.
I've been independent and have traveled to 83 countries without getting lost in my younger days.
I don't need sympathy. I know I'm old at 81, but still pretty healthy - considering many health issues. I've recovered from a total shut down of my kidneys. That's a miracle, and I know I'm very lucky that I had tubes removed from my gut for dialysis. My kidneys still work at 36%.
parados

Tue 5 Jul, 2016 11:31 am
@woiyo,
You mean like Trump was careless and should have known that he was retweeting things from white supremacist groups?

I can hardly wait until Trump starts getting top secret briefings and tweets out the contents to everyone.
georgeob1

Tue 5 Jul, 2016 11:40 am
@revelette2,
I think it is far more likely that Clinton wanted to keep her e-mails private and to exclude them from FOIA requests, and as well to suit her convenience as you suggest. That classified information might be compromised didn't appear to be included in her initial calculations, though some subsequent transactions suggest she was willing to take unauthorized risks in that area. That kind of careless disregard has caused prosecutions of some others and loss of security clearances for many.

I'm not surprised by today's announcement. The President had made his assessment of the case very clear several months ago and more recently had scheduled a joint campaign appearance with Hillary this week: I doubt that would have been done had a
woiyo

Tue 5 Jul, 2016 11:52 am
@parados,
As usual, your response is off topic . Do you disagree with the FBI's conclusions? If you do agree, does that not say something about her abilities?
engineer

Tue 5 Jul, 2016 12:07 pm
@woiyo,
No, I don't think it says anything about her abilities and very little about her judgment or lack there of. She's not an IT expert and every single person who sent her an email or received one from her knew she was using a personal account and no one said a word. Why not? Well because others were doing it too. The FBI concluded that there is a lax attitude to security at the State Department just like there was for previous Secretaries of State. Yes, she should have made it better. No, I don't expect people in their sixties to know the ins and outs of email security. We have enough problems getting people in their twenties to not open phishing emails. We have a lot of problems that need addressing over the next four years. I don't see that Clinton's email server reflects in any way on her ability to handle them.
Blickers

Tue 5 Jul, 2016 12:08 pm

Not Guilty!!

F@ck The Haters!!

Laughing . Laughing . Laughing . Laughing . Laughing . Laughing . Laughing . Laughing . Laughing . Laughing . Laughing

revelette2

Tue 5 Jul, 2016 12:17 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Well, then, I am sorry for saying you were not senile, you do not seem senile to me. But I am not at your personal house. I am very glad you have a wife who looks after you. I am sorry for your health problems, makes me feel petty for worrying about my own. All things are relative I suppose. Your marriage to your wife seems like my own parents. My mother had Alzheimer's at a young age (in her later sixties) and my dad took very good care of her until the day she died in her own bed. They married at seventeen and they remained like newlyweds for a very long time. Btw, you are doing very fine and I admire you that you still keep on keeping on as the saying goes.
revelette2

Tue 5 Jul, 2016 12:25 pm
@Blickers,
I imagine this will be start of hating FBI and the director in charge. This will be a long time until November. I hope something comes and takes it place, but nothing horrible, just some scandal of Trump's. Surely he has them.
snood

Tue 5 Jul, 2016 12:26 pm
@revelette2,
Hey rev, are you originally from the US?
revelette2

Tue 5 Jul, 2016 12:28 pm
I wasn't harassing him. Just leave me alone and I'll return the favor. You are nuts.
0 Replies

revelette2

Tue 5 Jul, 2016 12:29 pm
@snood,
Why do you ask that, snood? Do I make mistakes which seem like I am?
cicerone imposter

Tue 5 Jul, 2016 12:36 pm
@revelette2,
Thank you. I really do appreciate it. Tak
0 Replies