When will Hillary Clinton give up her candidacy ?

georgeob1

Sun 19 Jun, 2016 10:23 am
@parados,
That's your opinion, but do you really know his inner motives to the extent your rather unbounded statement implies? I seriously doubt it. I'm sure financial gain is part of his motivation - as it is for any paid political analyst, commentator, or reporter.. Just what in your certain, verifiable knowledge, distinguishes him in this area from any others? Do you hold similar opinions concerning commentators on the other side of the political spectrum?
Blickers

Sun 19 Jun, 2016 10:33 am
@georgeob1,
Quote georgeob1 to Blickers:
Quote:
Still playing the old shell game are you? I wrote that I didn't see much difference between specific Limbach material Blatham posted here and some of his own posts. That is observably true.

Perhaps, George, but you seem blind to the first sentence of yours I quoted, which was:
Quote:
Perhaps the main differences between you [blatham] and Linbaugh are your respective points of view and the remarkable commercial succerss he has somehow achieved. I find it remarkable that one of your insight would fail to see these parallels.

Sorry, George, but if you can't see the difference in what Limbaugh is doing in statements like this and what blatham is doing, there's not much help for you:

Flabbergastedly yours,

Blickers
revelette2

Sun 19 Jun, 2016 10:52 am
@parados,
Radio Harlot?
0 Replies

georgeob1

Sun 19 Jun, 2016 11:20 am
@Blickers,
Still trying to twist the subject to get some footing? You can rant against Linbaugh all you want: it has little to do with me.

As I wrote Linbaugh obviously has a point of view which he pursues intently, and he is too willing to impugn the basic motives of those he opposes. Blathan has amply demonstrated both in the last few pages of this thread with respect to the supposed Republican/far right conspiracy which he insisted here must be destroyed, a possibly unpleasant fact that I hope he will recognize.

Indeed there is a great deal of this kind of behavior on these threads, coming from across the political spectrum. As with most things here the political left is in the majority. It is hardly unusual in public political discorse for the loudest and most strident voices to dominate the reasoned ones. Blatham is by no means among the worst of them - there are many here I simply don't pay attention to. I've known him for a long time and respect his talents and views - far more than I do yours.
Blickers

Sun 19 Jun, 2016 11:57 am
@georgeob1,
The clip I posted of Limbaugh is by no means a departure from what he normally does, it just happened to hit the spotlight more than his usual hate-filled rants. Personal insults, not just made but constantly repeated, amplified and then screamed loudly with a fist audibly pounding the table is how Limbaugh makes his points, day after day. That's Limbaugh's style, that what sets him apart from the rest, regardless of what he is saying.

Anger is not just an incidental reaction to what Limbaugh says, it is the whole point of what Limbaugh does. By comparison, Blatham posts messages tracing the origin of the Tea Party movement-which you must admit has had a tremendous effect on American politics-not to the grassroots movement that the American media universally reported but instead to a planned campaign by the Koch brothers. It was all a setup by the farthest right of the Republicans and their wealthy supporters, and it was misreported as a Mom & Pop movement which gathered momentum by the press.

So tell me again how there are parallels between what blatham does and what Limbaugh does.
georgeob1

Sun 19 Jun, 2016 12:22 pm
@Blickers,
You still don't get it, and are still punching your self-made straw man.

As I have repeatedly written here, I do not frequent Linbaugh's programs and am generally indifferent to and uninterested in his material - as I am for many prominent spokesmen on the left. I am generally bemused by conspiracy theories such as yours concerning the Koch Brothers and others about George Soros, and prefer to form my own opinions based on available factual information - as opposed to the opinions of others.

I find your expressed opinions about the Tea party, and the supposed Koch conspiracy that exclusively guides it, all a bit paranoid and itself worthy of the Limbaugh you claim to despise. (indeed in its behavior the Tea Party has been a model of disunity) I strongly suspect that the so called Tea party movement had many origins probably including both spontaneous local initiatives and the encouragement of lobbying groups - just as do nearly all public political expressions in this country ranging from protests at Trump rallies; to environmental protests; Labor union rallies; Berrnie Sanders demonstrations; Black lives matter demonstrations; among many others.

I compared material Blatham posted here from Limbaugh to some of his own material he also posted here and made the obvious conclusion. That's all. Get over it.
RABEL222

Sun 19 Jun, 2016 12:49 pm
@blatham,
Its too bad the courts dont make a person using their free speech rights, demand the speech to be factually true.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Sun 19 Jun, 2016 12:53 pm
@Blickers,
Its called brain washing the simple minded.
parados

Sun 19 Jun, 2016 01:29 pm
@georgeob1,
It's a fact. Limbaugh makes large amounts of money spouting his opinion. Blatham doesn't make money spouting his. To even question whether that is true is to deny reality.
cicerone imposter

Sun 19 Jun, 2016 02:27 pm
@RABEL222,
There are so many that can be brain washed in this world, humanity as a species doesn't have much chance of survival.
revelette2

Sun 19 Jun, 2016 02:55 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Come on CI, you are making me depressed. I personally think no one is really brain washed, people just have opinions and they find opinions of like mind. Unfortunately there are a lot of Trumps and Limbaugh's in the US. On the bright side, there are more who are not like them or else Clinton will loose. (lose or loose?)

Looked it up on google:

Quote:
The words loose and lose are mixed up in writing; for some reason, many people write loose when they really mean lose. But there's no reason to lose your mind worrying about this, just lose the extra o! Loose is an adjective, the opposite of tight or contained. Lose is a verb that means to suffer the loss of, to miss.

so, "or else Clinton will lose."
0 Replies

georgeob1

Sun 19 Jun, 2016 04:08 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:

It's a fact. Limbaugh makes large amounts of money spouting his opinion. Blatham doesn't make money spouting his. To even question whether that is true is to deny reality.

I fully agree with that and never suggested otherwise. As I noted to Blatham, who appeared to criticize Limbaugh for this, most such professional political commentaors, of every persuasion, make money as well.. With what are you taking exception??
Blickers

Sun 19 Jun, 2016 04:27 pm
@georgeob1,
Quote georgeob1:
Quote:
still punching your self-made straw man.

As I have repeatedly written here, I do not frequent Linbaugh's programs and am generally indifferent to and uninterested in his material

Previously, georgeob1 posted to blatham:
Quote:
Perhaps the main differences between you [blatham] and Linbaugh are your respective points of view and the remarkable commercial succerss he has somehow achieved. I find it remarkable that one of your insight would fail to see these parallels.

So on the one hand, you compare blatham to Limbaugh and say that largely the difference between the two is the success Limbaugh has had. When I posted a typical Limbaugh hate rant full of personal invective, you tried to dismiss that as immaterial since you hadn't seen it.

If you haven't seen much of Limbaugh, then what are you doing comparing blatham to him? And when educated to the low class snarling displays Limbaugh adopts to speak to his audience, how can you possibly maintain the comparison still holds?

All I'm asking, george, is when are you going to stop posting about things you don't know anything about?
0 Replies

parados

Sun 19 Jun, 2016 04:29 pm
@georgeob1,
Actually you did suggest otherwise. You very clearly disagreed with my statement that Limbaugh was making money from his opinion compared to others on here that do not make money.

Does Limbaugh make money? Yes.
Does he make money by giving his opinion? Yes
Do people here, such as Blatham, make money by giving their opinion? Not to my knowledge.
cicerone imposter

Sun 19 Jun, 2016 05:57 pm
@parados,
NYT: Striking a deal estimated to be worth $400 million through 2016, the conservative talk radio host Rush Limbaugh has renewed his contract with Clear Channel Communications and its syndication subsidiary Premiere Radio Networks.Jul 2, 2008
Rush Limbaugh Gets $400 Million To Rant Through 2016 - Business ...
www.businessinsider.com/.../rush-limbaugh-gets-400-million-to-rant-thr...
0 Replies

RABEL222

Sun 19 Jun, 2016 10:32 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Fortunately there are only 10 to 15% of the simple minded among the populace. 85% of normal populace dont listen to Lush, at least without getting sick to their stomach.
0 Replies

revelette2

Mon 20 Jun, 2016 03:32 pm
Clinton to Target Trump’s Business Record
0 Replies

Jay2know

Tue 21 Jun, 2016 11:06 pm
@georgeob1,
In eight years.
0 Replies

Lash

Wed 22 Jun, 2016 06:40 am
http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/263141-international-monitors-at-polling-places-draw-criticism-from-voter-fraud-group

The seat of democracy...LOL... requests UN minders for our poling places. Wish we'd had them during the primaries.
snood

Wed 22 Jun, 2016 09:48 am
@Lash,
Bernie lost. He would've lost with monitors. He would lose with a recount.
Apparently he's not the only one having trouble with accepting that.