When will Hillary Clinton give up her candidacy ?

Lash

Wed 22 Jun, 2016 10:43 am
@snood,
With widespread irregularities reported, I think this country owes a better accounting to its citizens, and I question the motives of anyone who disagrees.
snood

Wed 22 Jun, 2016 11:13 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

With widespread irregularities reported, I think this country owes a better accounting to its citizens, and I question the motives of anyone who disagrees.

Ooh, Such a moral and ethical citizen. As if you're someone with any moral high ground to question anyone's motives. There were irregularities that affected both Hillary and Bernie. And the fact remains that no one disputes the final outcome, no matter what red herring sour grape nonsense the bitter berniebots concoct.
Blickers

Wed 22 Jun, 2016 11:26 am
@snood,
I personally think it's great that international monitors will be there on Election Day. If someone is cheating during this election, I don't much care if an American citizen or a non-citizen catches it. We send monitors to other countries' elections, what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

As far as primaries goes, political parties are private organizations who can have primaries, caucuses, party leader conventions, or any method they choose to select their candidate. Also, the party can change the rules at any time. Monitors don't make sense. I believe what the Bernie-or-Busters are trying to do is confuse the public between cheating and closed primaries, acting like rejection of non-party members from the primary is somehow cheating. It is not, but they are going to pretend it is.
maporsche

Wed 22 Jun, 2016 11:30 am
@snood,
There are over 200,000 polling places in the USA during national elections.

If there were a problem with 200 of them, that would only be 0.1% of total polling places.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Wed 22 Jun, 2016 02:03 pm
@Blickers,
Quote:
I personally think it's great that international monitors will be there on Election Day. If someone is cheating during this election, I don't much care if an American citizen or a non-citizen catches it. We send monitors to other countries' elections, what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Do we send election monitors to other first world nations or do we send monitors to countries that have known issues with corrupt voting? When was the last time we sent election monitors to France or Canada?
ehBeth

Wed 22 Jun, 2016 02:17 pm
@Baldimo,
the European election monitoring group seems to come by Canada about every 10 years. They were here in 2006 and again in 2015.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Wed 22 Jun, 2016 02:19 pm
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:

I personally think it's great that international monitors will be there on Election Day.

the link was from 2012

always best to confirm what that poster suggests the item is about
0 Replies

ehBeth

Wed 22 Jun, 2016 02:21 pm
@Baldimo,
OSCE - the group referenced in the link from 2012 - covers off elections everywhere. there may be exceptions/exemptions but I haven't run across them yet.

they were also in France as monitors in 2012

2015 Calendar
0 Replies

ossobuco

Wed 22 Jun, 2016 02:25 pm
I'm not usually prone to agitated worry about american elections (oh, wait.. maybe I should be for bunches of reasons). This time, I think monitoring is a fine idea.
0 Replies

Lash

Wed 22 Jun, 2016 03:05 pm
@snood,
An irrelevant remark couched in ad hominem. On par.
DrewDad

Wed 22 Jun, 2016 03:12 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

With widespread irregularities reported,

"Irregular" does not mean "illegal."
snood

Wed 22 Jun, 2016 03:45 pm
@Lash,
A matter of opinion whose remarks are relevant. At this point your whole line of commentary about the election is about as relevant as sifting through ashes.
Lash

Wed 22 Jun, 2016 07:13 pm
@DrewDad,
I understand the meaning of each word. Do you think your statement is an adequate refutation of the need for oversight?
Lash

Wed 22 Jun, 2016 07:14 pm
@snood,
I think votes should be cast and counted. Your statements seem to indicate that you don't.
snood

Wed 22 Jun, 2016 07:26 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

I think votes should be cast and counted. Your statements seem to indicate that you don't.

Really? You think I don't believe votes should be cast and counted? Well, that seems like a bold faced lie just thrown in to hide behind. Try harder.
Lash

Wed 22 Jun, 2016 07:30 pm
@snood,
That's what you're arguing about currently.
glitterbag

Wed 22 Jun, 2016 07:34 pm
@Lash,
No it's not, and you know it. I might not think you have a great intellect, but even you can't possibly be that deluded.
0 Replies

snood

Wed 22 Jun, 2016 07:37 pm
@Lash,
Whatever, Lash.
Everything you say is so obtuse I find it means less than nothing to me if you think you score a point or think you're right about whatever the hell it is you're on about.
It really doesn't matter. You still feeling the Bern?
Lash

Wed 22 Jun, 2016 07:49 pm
@snood,
I still know that Bernie Sanders would be the best thing to happen to this country since George Washington.

He's not done yet.

I think you'll be ashamed to have voted for Hillary Clinton.
snood

Wed 22 Jun, 2016 08:08 pm
@Lash,
Not as ashamed as you should be of voting for Bush...twice.