When will Hillary Clinton give up her candidacy ?

Lash

Mon 30 May, 2016 06:44 am
@parados,
When they have the evidence, suddenly it's not so 'ridiculous '. I think the McAuliffe case has finally connected the dots.
Blickers

Mon 30 May, 2016 08:00 am
@revelette2,
Quote the Office of Inspector General's Report as quoted by revellette:
Quote:
OIG Report: Clinton And Powell Both “Used Non-Department Systems On An Exclusive Basis.” According to the OIG report: “OIG identified many examples of staff using personal email accounts to conduct official business; however, OIG could only identify three cases where officials used non-Departmental systems on an exclusive basis for day-to-day operations. These include former Secretaries Powell and Clinton, as well as Jonathan Scott Gration, a former Ambassador to Kenya.” [U.S. Department of State Office of Inspector General report, “Office of the Secretary: Evaluation of Email Records Management and Cybersecurity Requirements,” May 2016]

Wow! That is really important. In all this nitpicking about private accounts vs state accounts, the press misreports something to make Mrs. Clinton look bad.
revelette2

Mon 30 May, 2016 08:15 am
@Blickers,
I am just wondering how all the main media press got the same critical information wrong when it was plain the report said Colin Powell also used an outside server exclusively? The only distinct part was Powell used a commercial email account and Hillary used a personal server.
Blickers

Mon 30 May, 2016 08:35 am
@revelette2,
That's true. I wonder some kind of misinformation campaign is underway to sway even the press? I remember back during the Bill Clinton impeachment, the press did an interview with conservative spokesman Floyd Brown, and when the reporter got to his office he was busy faxing some kind of info off to someplace. Floyd Brown said he sent stuff all over the place. Apparently it's infecting even the legit news sources.
parados

Mon 30 May, 2016 09:09 am
@Lash,
The McAuliffe case has nothing to do with the Clinton Foundation.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/23/politics/terry-mcauliffe-fbi-doj-federal-investigation-campaign-contributions/
Quote:
There's no allegation that the foundation did anything improper; the probe has focused on McAuliffe and the electoral campaign donations, the officials said.
Lash

Mon 30 May, 2016 09:56 am
@parados,
Yes it does.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/05/25/us/politics/terry-mcauliffe-wang-wenliang.html

It's getting quite thick. You practically have to have an admission of guilt to prove money for favors, which I'm sure has Bill Clinton giggling every morning his eyes open, but they may be able to prove a case through McAuliffe.
snood

Mon 30 May, 2016 10:00 am
@parados,
parados wrote:

The McAuliffe case has nothing to do with the Clinton Foundation.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/23/politics/terry-mcauliffe-fbi-doj-federal-investigation-campaign-contributions/
Quote:
There's no allegation that the foundation did anything improper; the probe has focused on McAuliffe and the electoral campaign donations, the officials said.

But, but it makes all the "dots" connect! This is the (latest)utter, final proof of Clinton's corruption! Wake up! Boogah boogah!
0 Replies

blatham

Mon 30 May, 2016 02:20 pm
@Blickers,
Quote:
I wonder some kind of misinformation campaign is underway to sway even the press?...Apparently it's infecting even the legit news sources.

This is such a common occurrence that I'm rather surprised you use the term "wonder".
0 Replies

parados

Mon 30 May, 2016 04:38 pm
@Lash,
You practically have to make up things about what the story says to get to your conclusion.
0 Replies

nimh

Mon 30 May, 2016 04:55 pm
@natturner,
natturner wrote:

The same sort of thing could be said about the 2 terms of a black president happening simultaneously with an escalation of race based animus and acts of police brutality against people of color.

Has there actually been "an escalation" of police brutality against people of color, or has long-standing police brutality just caught greater public attention these last few years, thanks to a few especially highly-publicized cases - and thanks to the much swifter and more wide-spread mediation of police brutality cases that's made possible by the ubiquitous presence of cellphone cameras and social media?
nimh

Mon 30 May, 2016 05:04 pm
@nimh,
I know that was a bit of a tangent, and I'm afraid this is even more so, but I was reading the Wikipedia article about the Detroit 1967 riots, and it's depressing to see that, however much has changed, enough remains familiar as well:

Quote:
The Community Relations Division of the Michigan Civil Rights Commission undertook a study in 1965 of the police, published in 1968. It claimed the "police system" was at fault for racism. The police system was blamed for recruiting "bigots" and reinforcing bigotry through the department's "value system." A survey conducted by President Johnson's Kerner Commission found that prior to the riot, 45 percent of police working in black neighborhoods were "extremely anti-Negro" and an additional 34 percent were "prejudiced."[42]

In 1967, 93% of the force was still White, although 30% of the city residents were African American.[43][44] Incidents of police brutality made African Americans feel at risk. They resented many police officers who they felt talked down to them, addressing men as "boys" and women as "honey" and "baby." Police made street searches of groups of young men, and single women complained of being called prostitutes for simply walking on the street.[45] The police frequently arrested people who did not have proper identification. The local press reported several questionable shootings and beatings of blacks by officers in the years before 1967.[46] After the riot, a Detroit Free Press survey showed that residents reported police brutality as the number one problem they faced in the period leading up to the riot.[47]
snood

Mon 30 May, 2016 05:22 pm
@nimh,
nimh wrote:

natturner wrote:

The same sort of thing could be said about the 2 terms of a black president happening simultaneously with an escalation of race based animus and acts of police brutality against people of color.

Has there actually been "an escalation" of police brutality against people of color, or has long-standing police brutality just caught greater public attention these last few years, thanks to a few especially highly-publicized cases - and thanks to the much swifter and more wide-spread mediation of police brutality cases that's made possible by the ubiquitous presence of cellphone cameras and social media?

I think both things are true, and occurred in the wake of the first black president taking office. There was a rise in aggression against black males by law enforcement, and there was a rise in attention given to such cases because of the ubiquity of cell phone video.
0 Replies

blatham

Mon 30 May, 2016 08:59 pm
This is from Michael Gerson.

"Republicans are testing out a theory. “What Trump is doing,” argues Peter Wehner of the Ethics and Public Policy Center, “is exactly what Rush Limbaugh and others have been begging Republican presidential candidates to do — to run a brutal, scorched-earth, anything-goes campaign. They now have their man.” So, is the nation longing for more invective, more viciousness, more accusations of scandal and conspiracy? A strong plurality of voters in Republican primaries seemed to agree. We will now see how the national electorate responds. As a starting move, Trump has accused Bill Clinton of rape and intimated that the Clintons are guilty of murder. It is hard to imagine going lower from here, but Trump will surely manage. "http://wapo.st/27ZJsep

One can credibly level the charge that Gerson is far too late in arriving at (and publicly writing about) the disastrous influence of Limbaugh and those many others like him but he's one of too few conservatives who have even come this far in their perceptions.
0 Replies

blatham

Mon 30 May, 2016 09:00 pm
@nimh,
Quote:
the Detroit 1967 riots,

"In the Heat of the Night" was released that year.

And hello to you.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Mon 30 May, 2016 09:12 pm
@revelette2,
The media reports what its paid to report. After all they want to please the ones who spend the most money for 4 years, not just 6 months.
0 Replies

Lash

Tue 31 May, 2016 12:03 am
A Response to Robert Reich; an explanation of why a not voting for Clinton isn't supporting Trump.

http://www.commondreams.org/views/2016/05/30/no-i-wont-work-hillary-clinton-response-robert-reich?utm_campaign=shareaholic&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=socialnetwork
glitterbag

Tue 31 May, 2016 12:10 am
@Lash,
Holy crap, Reich will be devastated.
Lash

Tue 31 May, 2016 12:20 am
@glitterbag,
No, you're projecting again.

Meanwhile, during a #BernieBlackout, twenty to thirty thousand excited voters choose the Bern. Flowers thrown on the stage. But the same is true for Hillary, right???

http://usuncut.com/news/bernie-in-oakland/

C'mon, California!!
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
Lash

Tue 31 May, 2016 06:57 am
Great article out today; Presidential candidate Jill Stein describes the differences in the Dem and Green parties. Dems fake left and go right... among other things.

http://www.salon.com/2016/05/31/i_am_not_cool_with_donald_trump_and_i_am_not_cool_with_hillary_clinton_jill_stein_unloads_on_both_parties_a_rigged_system_and_dems_bernie_sabotage/
0 Replies