When will Hillary Clinton give up her candidacy ?

blatham

Tue 17 May, 2016 03:26 pm
Veering off topic...

The reason the universe has time as a feature, is so that story-tellers have something to do.

Just try and contradict that.
Blickers

Tue 17 May, 2016 07:56 pm
@blatham,
I wouldn't try. Think we'll ever be able to go back in time, like in the Superman and The Flash comics?
izzythepush

Wed 18 May, 2016 01:26 am
@Blickers,
You will if you vote Trump, all the way back to 1930s Germany.
0 Replies

parados

Wed 18 May, 2016 08:40 am
As of this morning, Hillary needs 91 delegates to achieve the total she needs to win the nomination. That means she only needs 11% of the remaining delegates. She is currently polling over 50% in NJ and CA which make up 600 of the just under 800 regular delegates left. She only needs 259 regular delegates to have the majority of those.

Hillary actually did a little better in Oregon than I was predicting. I was expecting Sanders to get 60%. That mean she is still on pace to have 300 regular delegates more than Sanders has and about 800 more total delegates.
revelette2

Wed 18 May, 2016 08:50 am
@parados,
I was worried about KY too as it is coal country and a lot of republican voting democrats vote in democrat primaries just to screw it up in the south. My own husband is one of those, although he did actually vote for Obama in 2008, but then again, he can't stand Hillary and he was probably just voting against her again. We had fights in the past but I no longer bring it up too much. Anyway, I am glad Hillary didn't give up on KY and actually campaigned here. I think it helped. (Of course edgar is already claiming cheating...)

I hope she sticks to her words and campaigns hard in the south including KY in the general against Trump, brings anything and everything she can on him. The more moral stuff she can dig up on him the better it will be here in the south where they take that stuff more seriously.
snood

Wed 18 May, 2016 08:55 am
@revelette2,
Yeah, its a shame what has happened to edgar over the course of this election.

And not only moral stuff can Hillary use on Trump. There are (still breaking) expose's of how much smaller his fortune is than he reports, and that's why he won't release his taxes.
0 Replies

parados

Wed 18 May, 2016 09:01 am
@revelette2,
Quote:
The more moral stuff she can dig up on him the better it will be here in the south where they take that stuff more seriously.

They don't really take it more seriously. They just pretend they do when they attack the morals of someone they don't like but are willing to forgive much worse transgression by someone they do like justifying it as forgiveness of sins. Trump is right. He could shoot someone on 5th Ave and those voters would claim they can forgive him for the overt act while damning Hillary for the deaths in Benghazi.
Blickers

Wed 18 May, 2016 09:45 am
Trump said during the Viet Nam years he was going wild sexually, which should surprise nobody considering his wealth and ego. Then Trump became really famous for carrying on an affair with Marla Maples while he was still married. He was in his forties then. I think it's obvious that Trump had a Charlie Sheen like personal life, with the hookers locked in the closet the cocaine all over the place, and it likely continued on well into his middle age. Or maybe is still continuing.

I wonder if the Democrats aren't saving this for September and October, to give maximum effect to the campaign. You know there is stuff there, and so far the Democrats haven't really touched it.
0 Replies

revelette2

Wed 18 May, 2016 09:49 am
@parados,
Perhaps some think like you suggest. I can only really go by what I personally experience. I live closer to Tennessee than the more urban (sort of) parts of KY. To give an anecdotal example to explain why I said what I said about morals. When Clinton was still in the WH but it was the 2000 election, I was in the beauty shop and the subject of the election cycle came up. Most of the ladies thought Clinton did a good job on the economy but they couldn't stand his morals. All of them were against abortion and they said the democratic platform included the right to choose and they could never vote for a democrat because of it. I more or less kept my mouth shut, not as brave in public as I am on a message board, but that attitude in the south even among women is pretty common. On the other hand, if a lot of stories come up with Trump dumping his current wife or girl friend just because she is getting older? That might not go over so well and they find out he was for a woman's right to choose before he thinks women should be punished for it? That might tip the scales a little.
RABEL222

Fri 20 May, 2016 02:58 pm
She'll give up in 2024. Have I said this before?
0 Replies

Lilkanyon

Sat 21 May, 2016 07:01 pm
@revelette2,
revelette2 wrote:

Perhaps some think like you suggest. I can only really go by what I personally experience. I live closer to Tennessee than the more urban (sort of) parts of KY. To give an anecdotal example to explain why I said what I said about morals. When Clinton was still in the WH but it was the 2000 election, I was in the beauty shop and the subject of the election cycle came up. Most of the ladies thought Clinton did a good job on the economy but they couldn't stand his morals. All of them were against abortion and they said the democratic platform included the right to choose and they could never vote for a democrat because of it. I more or less kept my mouth shut, not as brave in public as I am on a message board, but that attitude in the south even among women is pretty common. On the other hand, if a lot of stories come up with Trump dumping his current wife or girl friend just because she is getting older? That might not go over so well and they find out he was for a woman's right to choose before he thinks women should

be punished for it? That might tip the scales a little.

Not sure what ur saying. They will take pro choice over abandonment? Is that what your saying? Or the fact that Trump has changed his view on abortion issues to be pro life, yet he has left wife after wife with kids. If it wasnt for his money, mom might be some over the hill stripper to pay for her kids.

Blickers

Sat 21 May, 2016 07:05 pm
@Lilkanyon,
She's saying that the Southern women might be against a Democrat because of abortion, but a pro-life candidate who has treated the women in his life like crap might bring a certain percentage over to the Democrats.
Lilkanyon

Sat 21 May, 2016 07:10 pm
@Blickers,
Its all too easy for men to be pro life...time and time again they walk out...leaving mothers the struggle to take care of children. In my opinion, NO man has the right to weigh in on this subject. Its not their body cartying the baby, its not them that was impregnated. The idea that they stuck their dick in a girl and it gave them the right to decide her future makes me a bit sick.
Miller

Tue 24 May, 2016 05:35 pm
@Lilkanyon,
Lilkanyon wrote:

The idea that they stuck their dick in a girl and it gave them the right to decide her future makes me a bit sick.

Very true.

Watch the Tv show "Call the Midwife" and you'll see time and time again, women going through very painful labor, and realize that for the American woman both abortion and the development of birth control medication have been two of God's blessings.
0 Replies

Miller

Tue 24 May, 2016 05:49 pm
Southern women may be pro-life, but please don't tell me that in the South, abortion is not legal and that prior to the days when Federal law made abortion legal, Southern women didn't have abortions performed at home or at some underground clinic.

In Chicago ( a northern city), prior to legalization of abortion, many young women could not afford to pay an abortionist for an abortion, so they drank Draino ( to try and kill the fetus) or another common method was to use an egg beater ( manual/electric) to kill and possible discharge the fetus from the woman's body.

I think we all agree, that abortion should be legal and should be provided to women, in need, who can't afford to pay for it.

Would any of us really want our daughters to use an egg beater to kill their fetus?
snood

Tue 24 May, 2016 05:53 pm
@Miller,
Quote:
I think we all agree, that abortion should be legal and should be provided to women, in need, who can't afford to pay for it.

Forgive me, but this strikes me as remarkable. I agree with it 100%, but what's remarkable to me is the implicit assertion that there is universal agreement about this. Maybe the "we" you were referring to was just the 3 or 4 people who you were engaged with at that point in this particular thread?
0 Replies

blatham

Fri 27 May, 2016 08:03 pm
Donald Trump is a ******* maniac. And he's the GOP presidential nominee. And almost the entire GOP universe is now in the process of endorsing a ******* maniac. And this comes after months or years where they themselves had openly declared that Donald Trump was/is a ******* maniac.

American conservatism has gone fully into the toilet.

roger

Fri 27 May, 2016 08:09 pm
@blatham,
I haven't done a survey, but I much the entire GOP is endorsing Trump.
cicerone imposter

Fri 27 May, 2016 08:49 pm
@blatham,
I see Trump as a racial bigot, and not qualified to be in government service.
Who can we vote for that will bring sanity into our national and international politics?
Lilkanyon

Fri 27 May, 2016 10:13 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

I haven't done a survey, but I much the entire GOP is endorsing Trump.

He may go the way of Goldwater, and I hope it is so.