When will Hillary Clinton give up her candidacy ?

parados

Tue 28 Jul, 2015 02:27 pm
@Lash,
An interesting poll don't you think since it shows Sanders the same or worse than Clinton against the GOP.
izzythepush

Tue 28 Jul, 2015 02:27 pm
Over here something similar is happening with Jeremy Corbyn contending for leadership of the Labour party, with fears similar to Frank's about Bernie Sanders.

Quote:
Jeremy Corbyn says he only wants "genuine Labour supporters" to vote for him in the party's leadership contest.

It has been suggested that Conservative supporters and "hard left" activists have been registering for the vote in order to back the left wing MP.

As a result, two backbench MPs, Graham Stringer and John Mann, have called for the leadership contest to be halted.

But another leadership candidate, Andy Burnham, said he had seen no evidence of infiltration "on a large scale".

"If John [Mann] has evidence then he needs to send it to the Labour Party," he told Sky News.

Mr Mann told the Sunday Times the contest was "totally out of control", and said acting leader Harriet Harman should step in so proper checks could be conducted.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-33667699
Lash

Tue 28 Jul, 2015 02:38 pm
@parados,
There are several emerging activist groups coalescing around this movement. You've heard the phrase "I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore."

I think when Congress is faced with these enraged groups, Congress will work with our president or be shown the door.

I guess we'll see. We're trying to get our foot in the door.
Lash

Tue 28 Jul, 2015 02:41 pm
@parados,
Since the country is saturated with name recognition on Hillary - and her numbers are trending down - and Sanders is a relative unknown and is climbing daily, I'll take those numbers.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Tue 28 Jul, 2015 02:44 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
I think when Congress is faced with these enraged groups, Congress will work with our president or be shown the door.

just so long as you dont expect that relationship with the current president. Obama is famous for his refusal to work with Congress regardless of the party affiliation.
0 Replies

Lash

Tue 28 Jul, 2015 02:45 pm
@izzythepush,
Exciting! What's your preference?
parados

Tue 28 Jul, 2015 02:45 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
There are several emerging activist groups coalescing around this movement. You've heard the phrase "I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore."

And we see this type of movement quite often. Remember the Tea Party? Occupy Wallstreet?

While the small group can be quite vocal, their desire to create change rarely leads to the result they want.

Lash

Tue 28 Jul, 2015 02:47 pm
@parados,
Thank god that bunch of idiots failed.

I'm undaunted. *grin*
0 Replies

ehBeth

Tue 28 Jul, 2015 02:54 pm
@parados,
I'll take the rarely before I'll accept a let's not bother.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Tue 28 Jul, 2015 02:59 pm
@izzythepush,
Yup, Izzy.

And whether they actually infiltrate as a fifth column or just sit on the sidelines cheering the destructive dreamers...

...they still do damage.

Speaking of dreasms, people like Lash are a a dream come true for the far right. They don't have Ralph Nader to help them...but the people like Lash are always in abundance.

As Parados suggests, however, this will not last. This is a shooting star...not a long term light. It will fizzle. Unfortunately, the "throw out the baby with the bath water" "cut off your nose to spite your face" people like Lash...will have done plenty of damage to the actual candidate before the last spark goes out.

Ronald Reagan was a pathetic president... but his Eleventh Commandant for the Republicans tells it like it is.

Too bad the Lash's of the left cannot see that.
hawkeye10

Tue 28 Jul, 2015 03:10 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
...they still do damage.

That is not a problem because life always requires death, you have to break a few eggs to make an omelet, and what he have now sucks ass. Destruction is not a deal breaker, it is in fact a requirement to moving forwards.

Stick to "SUPREME COURT!", it is not a great argument but it is better than this one.
0 Replies

Lash

Tue 28 Jul, 2015 03:14 pm
@parados,
Actually - the Occupy Movement is in. Smile
0 Replies

izzythepush

Tue 28 Jul, 2015 03:50 pm
@Lash,
I'm leaning towards Andy Burnham. The vote isn't for a bit, and as a Labour party member I do have a vote.
0 Replies

Lash

Tue 28 Jul, 2015 04:26 pm
Izzy - are you just worried about ramifications in the general election with the Tories, so staying away from Corbyn - or is Burnham your first choice?
Lash

Tue 28 Jul, 2015 05:07 pm
Heavens to Murgatroyd.

When I initially saw Linda Tripp's name, I sorta laughed dismissively and almost didn't read this. I thought I'd see what was being dug up related to Clinton to slime his wife with. Even though I don't like either one of them, I think she shouldn't be expected to answer to his crap. She has enough of her own...haha

And when I read it, thinking of how Bill Cosby is going down for what he did - but the relevance is how those women suffered in silence because no one believed them or cared about them because Cosby was such a beloved star.

Enter the accusations that Hillary was the primary one who marginalized Bill's women.

We'll see if this sticks.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3176621/Lies-cover-ups-corruption-Linda-Tripp-West-Wing-assistant-outed-Monica-Lewinsky-s-sexual-liaison-Bill-Clinton-talks-time-Hillary-tells-never-President.html
nydia2013

Tue 28 Jul, 2015 05:12 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
This is why Hillary started off so high. The fact that she plummets as people find out about Bernie says a LOT about him and her.

If disparaging information is promulgated extensively over and over regarding a leading political candidate, despite the obvious, some of this negativity will sink into the minds of the most impressionable....the lies will become truth in their minds. Much disinformation is being channeled all over the place regarding Hillary by the Republicans who are skilled masters par excellence in this field of besmirching the other.

One sitting senator called John Kerry, "Pontius Pilate." Another called President Obama "the leading terrorist in America." Mike Huckabee, so-called Minister, said with the Iranian Nuclear deal, "Obama was so naive that he was walking the Jews to the doors of the oven." Many highly placed Jewish leaders spoke out against these incendiary remarks, implying Huckabee was using the Holocaust as a tool to frighten Americans against the Iranian Nuclear deal.

Believe it or not there are many guileless people who will believe this Republican twaddle and this defines Hillary Clinton in their minds.

You say Hillary is one of the most "hated people", well here I take issue with you. Please post a link indicating Hillary's many "hateful faults." Thanks in advance.

Hillary is a highly reserved individual and she has refused to allow the Republicans to characterize her. The GOP went on a witch hunt during her husband's administration and the only thing they found was Bill's extramarital affairs which thoroughly embarrassed Hillary.

Hillary's candidacy incites trepidation inside the Republican world. There is no one within the Republican Party with such political gravitas, or as well qualified as Hillary Clinton who was First Lady; US Senator from New York; Secretary of State! Chances are sound that she would have won in 2008 had not Barack Obama entered the race spurring disenfranchise voters, namely minorities, some who had never bothered to vote. Many of these minorities would have voted for Hillary, but Obama seemed to identify more with them, African Americans (with a 98% turnout), than Hillary. The Latino vote was going heavily for Hillary before Obama. Women, also along with college campus students. This time around, Hillary will benefit from the minority vote as many minorities are not familiar with Bernie Sander.

I have heard of Bernie Sanders, but he has never been in my world. He sounds very appealing and says so much what the ordinary hardworking American want to hear. But I must be practical, and even though many Americans are flocking to hear Sanders, many also indicate if Hillary gets the nomination, they will go with her.
Lash

Tue 28 Jul, 2015 05:17 pm
@nydia2013,
Hey lady. Look at this.

Hillary might not have been the innocent victim in Bill's infidelities that you say she was.

Bimbo Eruptions, Behind the Scenes...

http://absolutely-hate.beforeitsnews.com/blogging-citizen-journalism/2015/07/woman-who-exposed-clinton-lewinsky-affair-just-made-a-huge-move-hillary-will-absolutely-hate-2516822.html

(Lets count several things in here as the first 10 hateful Hillary faults...)

excerpt: Her modus operandi was, and continues to be, Tripp explained: ‘I will do what I want and then when I’m questioned I will say, “oops,” or “bureaucratic snafu”, and then after a couple of months her refrain will be, “this is old news, it’s been investigated, I did nothing wrong, let’s move on, it’s time to address the issues facing the middle class of America.”
hawkeye10

Tue 28 Jul, 2015 05:24 pm
@nydia2013,
Quote:
African Americans (with a 98% turnout)

when you get the facts wrong it is not likely that people are going to listen to the rest of what you have to say.

IN the 08 election 92.9% of registered blacks voted, and 89.4% of whites did.

https://www.census.gov/prod/2010pubs/p20-562.pdf

Table 2

Methinks you dont make an effort to document your alleged facts because you dont have enough knowledge to know the facts.
RABEL222

Tue 28 Jul, 2015 05:30 pm
@parados,
Quote:
Sanders will be as stymied by Congress as Obama has been.
URL: http://able2know.org/topic/275175-30

Even more so than Obama. Bernie is a communist you know. He will probably be impeached by the republican congress.
hawkeye10

Tue 28 Jul, 2015 05:36 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

Quote:
Sanders will be as stymied by Congress as Obama has been.
URL: http://able2know.org/topic/275175-30

Even more so than Obama. Bernie is a communist you know. He will probably be impeached by the republican congress.

I dont know this...maybe a President Sanders unlike The Professor would work on building relationships on the Hill, and would be willing to compromise and horse trade. Clinton was able to get a lot of things done in years after the D's lost Congress (though not always good things) because for the first two years he and his people did the required work. Obama barely even made an effort. Ever.

You people who buy hook line and sinker the Obama bullshit that this is all the R's fault are either lying or stupid.

Which is it?