When will Hillary Clinton give up her candidacy ?

cicerone imposter

Sun 24 Apr, 2016 01:36 pm
@Blickers,
I've been retired since 1998, and social security covers 1/3rd of my income. I guess I can live without social security at my age, but I doubt the majority now retired can lose their benefits and survive.
Blickers

Sun 24 Apr, 2016 02:57 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Exactly. And even though you have done quite well with retirement planning, even you are not in a position where you can say, "I'll be ahead if they would scrap Social Security and Medicare and save me whatever tax or funding they would require of me to keep them going". Only the really wealthy would be in such a position-yet Republicans keep voting these guys in who plan to get rid of both Social Security and Medicare.
cicerone imposter

Sun 24 Apr, 2016 03:17 pm
@Blickers,
Medicare has been a saver in many ways, physical, mental, and money-wise, for me and my wife.
My kidney completely shut down on me, and I spent some ten days in the hospital for treatment and recovery. It's now working at 36%, and I feel that's a blessing.
At 80, I can still travel and enjoy most foods.
We're going to Hawaii next month on a Trafalgar Tour to visit three islands for one week. Really looking forward to that trip.
I've been lucky most of my life, and have traveled to 93 countries with many repeats in Europe and Asia. Have traveled to all five continents, and have visited the northernmost and southernmost cities of the world.
I was looking at my old passport the other day and was amazed at the amount of travel I've done. Had to have two extra sets of pages added.

Actually, we'll survive without social security with the savings we've accumulated because my wife and I saved 15 to 20% of our income from early in our marriage. My wife was an RN, and I've worked over 80% of my career in management positions. The home we purchased for a little over $50 grand in the mid-seventies is now worth over $1.5 million. We have no mortgage. Who knew then that we would be in the heart of Silicon Valley. Apple is building their campus 2 at a cost of $5 billion not one mile from our home.

Congress wouldn't dare scrap social security. There will be a revolution in this country if they tried.

Lash

Sun 24 Apr, 2016 05:35 pm
http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/24/politics/charles-koch-hillary-clinton-2016/index.html

Hillary tries to pin the Koch brothers on Bernie of all ridiculous things, but then (wait for it), the Koch brothers say they could support Hillary!!! Hahaha!

0 Replies

Blickers

Sun 24 Apr, 2016 06:27 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote cicerone imposter:
Quote:
Actually, we'll survive without social security with the savings we've accumulated because my wife and I saved 15 to 20% of our income from early in our marriage. My wife was an RN, and I've worked over 80% of my career in management positions.

People who've done well can get by without Social Security. But only the wealthiest would do better having to buy their own health insurance than pay whatever is needed to save Medicare in more or less its present form.

Don't worry, the GOP's got plans to get rid of both Social Security and Medicare. The only difference is that the GOP "moderates" will take a longer time to phase it out gradually, figuring people won't notice it as much.
0 Replies

Lash

Sun 24 Apr, 2016 06:51 pm
Hillary was praised by
Henry Kissinger
Dick Cheney
Laura Bush

Bernie was praised by
The pope
Spike Lee
Naomi Klein

0 Replies

revelette2

Sun 24 Apr, 2016 07:32 pm
Way too many to copy and paste, but here List of Hillary Clinton presidential campaign endorsements, 2016

Here is Bernie Sander's endorsements 2016
snood

Sun 24 Apr, 2016 08:10 pm
@revelette2,

But darn it revelette, laying it all out like that kinda neuters the intended sting of Lash's 'Our friends are better than your friends, nyah nyah' post.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Sun 24 Apr, 2016 08:15 pm
@cicerone imposter,
O I could survive but it would be tough. Who is that economy jerk on the radio who is always telling people beans and rice, rice and beans. I guess I'd have to start listening closer to him.
cicerone imposter

Sun 24 Apr, 2016 08:17 pm
@RABEL222,
Peanut butter is a better nutritious food source. * I think.
Blickers

Sun 24 Apr, 2016 10:33 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Peanut butter, rice and beans. This country is going to have enough extra methane floating around to provide all the extra fuel we'll ever need.
roger

Sun 24 Apr, 2016 10:41 pm
@Blickers,
Think again. That's a strong greenhouse gas.
Blickers

Sun 24 Apr, 2016 10:46 pm
@roger,
Yes, it certainly contributes to warming. Starting with the seat of one's pants.
0 Replies

maporsche

Mon 25 Apr, 2016 01:13 am
@RABEL222,
Dave Ramsey.

If you and more people listened to him, as much of a hard headed jerk as he may be, we'd all be millionaires.
RABEL222

Mon 25 Apr, 2016 04:12 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Thanks C I. I'll stock up on peanut butter just in case. Already got a couple of sacks of beans and rice.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Mon 25 Apr, 2016 04:13 pm
@maporsche,
If I had started at 20. At 80 years not so much.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Mon 25 Apr, 2016 07:57 pm
@Blickers,
In India, they use cow paddy to cook with. Even chestnuts on the streets. yum.
0 Replies

Lash

Tue 26 Apr, 2016 04:03 am
This is Hillary Clinton.

https://www.the-newshub.com/us-politics/are-hillary-clintons-paid-online-trolls-shutting-down-bernie-sanders-groups-on-social-media

She pays people to attack free citizens online, and then use the results of their attacks to have their voices and opinions silenced.

Stalinesque.

Nobody can make a person hate Hillary more than Hillary.

She's guaranteeing #bernieorbust

Her evil has always made her hated.

0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Tue 26 Apr, 2016 05:22 am
Very interesting update today in regards to the FBI Clinton Server Investigation.

By OmahaDemocrat
Wednesday Apr 20, 2016 · 7:19 PM EDT

Lawyers for a reporter demanding access to email messages and files the FBI has reportedly retrieved from Hillary Clinton's private server are objecting to a secret filing the Justice Department submitted to a federal court last month as part of a bid to keep those messages under wraps.

-snip-

That is unique - it means the reasoning for denying the request is detrimental, not just the content.

The FOIA request was in regards to the ‘personal’ emails that Clinton deleted but were eventually recovered by the FBI. Clinton described those emails as wedding plans, yoga routines, and emails to Bill Clinton.

The DOJ now has until April 26th to explain why they couldn’t reveal the reasoning behind denying the FOIA request and why they did this in secret. If her ‘personal’ emails that she deleted contained classified content that would put her in a very precarious position. The Clinton’s have had to maintain that no classified material was located in her personal emails as legally they were all supposed to be the property of the State Department — and it is a crime to destroy classified material.

more: http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/4/20/1518134/-Very-interesting-update-today-in-regards-to-the-FBI-Clinton-Server-Investigation

bobsal u1553115

Tue 26 Apr, 2016 05:27 am