When will Hillary Clinton give up her candidacy ?

ossobuco

Fri 22 Apr, 2016 04:45 pm
@maxdancona,
Agree.

0 Replies

oralloy

Fri 22 Apr, 2016 04:47 pm
@revelette2,
revelette2 wrote:
You had me up until you so casually dismiss drone strikes and the consequences of them. I am not sure, would have look and make sure, but I think there had been a decision made concerning the use of drones to make less prone to kill innocent people which is horrible and never should be dismissed so casually.

The drones often use Hellfire missiles, which are pretty small as missiles go. They carry a 20-pound warhead.

We do now have drones that carry 500-pound bombs, but most dronestrikes in the war on terror used 20-pound warheads.

Compared to a laser-guided 2,000-bomb dropped from a fighter jet, the collateral damage of a 20-pound warhead is trivial.

Compared to the bombing campaigns of WWII where huge sections of a city were leveled with thousands of large bombs when we tried to destroy a factory, the damage of a single 20-pound warhead is beyond trivial.

The notion that our dronestrikes are somehow causing too much collateral damage is surreal.
Blickers

Fri 22 Apr, 2016 07:23 pm
@oralloy,
Quote oralloy:
Quote:
We do now have drones that carry 500-pound bombs, but most dronestrikes in the war on terror used 20-pound warheads.

Compared to a laser-guided 2,000-bomb dropped from a fighter jet, the collateral damage of a 20-pound warhead is trivial.

Compared to the bombing campaigns of WWII where huge sections of a city were leveled with thousands of large bombs when we tried to destroy a factory, the damage of a single 20-pound warhead is beyond trivial.

Gave you a +1. Pakistan at the time was playing political footsie with fundamentalists, al-Qaeda was hiding in the Pakistan mountains, drones were by far the most surgical way to take out al-Qaeda strongholds with the limited cooperation we were getting from Pakistan at the time. Outside of armed invasion of Pakistan, which few people want, drones seemed to be the only alternative outside of just doing nothing and letting al-Qaeda use northern Pakistan as a base.
0 Replies

Blickers

Fri 22 Apr, 2016 07:31 pm
@revelette2,
Quote revellette:
Quote:
Today I read where he [Bernie] lived in a commune for a while.

Not strange. In the early days of Israel, (and maybe today), if a young person wanted to help build Israel they would send them over to work on a commune. I know several people who did that when they were young. It was a way to visit Israel, help build Israel and rediscover emotional links with their ancestral homeland, (what's wrong with that?).

Not the same as living in a commune in the sixties in the US, (although I don't see anything wrong with that either, unless the place became a cult or something).
RABEL222

Fri 22 Apr, 2016 08:10 pm
@snood,
If Bernie and his cohorts keep attacking Hillary , yes I know Hillery started it, he wont have to worry about pushing Hillary because Trump will be president. Let us see how much of his agenda he gets passed with a republican government.
snood

Fri 22 Apr, 2016 10:59 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

If Bernie and his cohorts keep attacking Hillary , yes I know Hillery started it, he wont have to worry about pushing Hillary because Trump will be president. Let us see how much of his agenda he gets passed with a republican government.

Yup, there is that. Bernie might end up being as scorched-earth as his careless minions. To save face and not lose the adoration of the crowd, it might be the case that Bernie doesn't give a **** WHO is president if it ain't himself. He may keep flaming Hillary right up to the convention. After all, isn't that what the true believers want?
0 Replies

revelette2

Sat 23 Apr, 2016 05:50 am
@RABEL222,
Probably a lot since his tax policies actually help the rich despite his and some media's claim to the contrary.

GOP Frontrunner Donald Trump Plans To Cut Top Tax Rates from 39.6 To 25 Percent

Which is why we need to concentrate on regaining the senate, in case, Lord forbid, the media and the rest of the voting public fall for Trump's about face in his campaign.
0 Replies

revelette2

Sat 23 Apr, 2016 05:56 am
@Blickers,
I've decided to back off this Bernie/Hillary thing on a2k for a while. I'll just say it was something called Myrtle Hill Farm and leave it at that. Some of these things gets distorted. I didn't like the direction I was going with all this, so I am making an effort to stop.
0 Replies

revelette2

Sat 23 Apr, 2016 06:17 am
Last one for Trump for a little at least this morning, just happened to see this on news feed this morning.

BUSINESS
THE TRUMP WAY
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Sat 23 Apr, 2016 07:40 pm
@maxdancona,
Thank you for telling the truth. Kissinger knew exactly what was going on, and he approved of it.
oralloy

Sat 23 Apr, 2016 09:18 pm
@wmwcjr,
Kissinger probably knew of the atrocities, but he certainly didn't approve of them.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Sun 24 Apr, 2016 04:18 am
Unpopularity of Clinton, Trump puts spotlight on potential running mates
Source: Reuters

Rarely have two U.S. presidential front-runners needed more from running mates than Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump.

The Democratic and Republican leaders in the 2016 White House race are unusually unpopular nationally, polls show, despite their success with voters in their respective parties. Clinton has struggled to generate excitement about her candidacy and assuage voter concerns about her trustworthiness, while Trump fares badly among women and minorities in polls.

Their weaknesses only increase the importance of their vice presidential pick, who could potentially help them rally support in key demographics ahead of the Nov. 8 vote - if each gets their party's nomination.

Read more: http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-vicepresident-idUSKCN0XJ14K
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Sun 24 Apr, 2016 05:07 am
Republican financier Koch says Clinton might make better president
Source: Reuters

Billionaire industrialist Charles Koch, a key source of financing for conservative Republican causes along with his brother, said Democrat Hillary Clinton might make a better president than the candidates in the Republican field.

Koch, in an interview to air on Sunday on ABC's "This Week" program, said that in some respects Bill Clinton had been a better president than George W. Bush, who Koch said had increased government spending. Then when asked if Hillary Clinton would be a better president than the Republicans currently running, he said, "It's possible, it's possible."

ABC said Koch, who along brother David leads an influential political organization called Freedom Partners, has been displeased so far with the tone of the Republican presidential race, in which billionaire Donald Trump leads U.S. Senator Ted Cruz of Texas and Ohio Governor John Kasich.

Asked if he could support Clinton over the Republicans, Koch responded, "We would have to believe her actions would be quite different than her rhetoric. Let me put it that way."

Read more: http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-electon-koch-idUSKCN0XL01J

"We would have to believe her actions would be quite different than her rhetoric. Let me put it that way."
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Sun 24 Apr, 2016 05:09 am
Kasich: I oppose DC statehood because it would give more votes to Dems

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/gop-primaries/277109-kasich-suggests-he-opposes-dc-voting-rights-because-thats-just

Republican presidential hopeful John Kasich says he opposes voting rights in Congress for Washington, D.C., in part because it would give more votes to the Democratic Party.

During a meeting with the Washington Post editorial board, Kasich was asked about his vote against statehood for the District while he was in Congress and whether that was still his position.

“Yes, I would say it probably is,” he said, according to a transcript of the meeting....

“What it really gets down to, if you want to be honest, is because they know that’s just more votes in the Democratic Party,” Kasich said.

Ah yes, the sane, reasonable one.
Blickers

Sun 24 Apr, 2016 07:39 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote bobsal:
Quote:
Ah yes, the sane, reasonable one.

And the sad part is, compared to the others, he is. And like all the other Republicans, he has a program to do away with Social Security and Medicare in their present form. That's how far to the right the GOP has gone.
revelette2

Sun 24 Apr, 2016 07:45 am
@RABEL222,
Sanders campaign may 're-evaluate' attacks on Clinton after Tuesday

Poll: Clinton leads Sanders by 15 in Pa.

0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Sun 24 Apr, 2016 09:42 am
@Blickers,
He left the campaign trail to sign the end of Planned Parenthood bill in Ohio and used used a child of 6 or so as a photo op prop to dot the i in his name.

He's another Ohio drunk, totally in John Boehner's league. Guys like this were my Republican Mason grandfather's coworkers and friends, I know them well.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Sun 24 Apr, 2016 11:51 am
@Blickers,
Quote:
And like all the other Republicans, he has a program to do away with Social Security and Medicare in their present form.

Don't you find it fascinating that republicans actually support these candidates who will do away with these programs? It's mind boggling! To me, anyway.
revelette2

Sun 24 Apr, 2016 12:42 pm
Hillary Clinton’s Campaign, Cautious but Confident, Begins Considering Running Mates

0 Replies

Blickers

Sun 24 Apr, 2016 01:14 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote Blickers:
Quote:
And like all the other Republicans, he [Kasich] has a program to do away with Social Security and Medicare in their present form.

Quote cicerone imposter:
Quote:
Don't you find it fascinating that republicans actually support these candidates who will do away with these programs? It's mind boggling! To me, anyway.

Quite fascinating, especially since so many Republicans are near or over retirement age. Unless you are retired and set up so well that whatever tax changes to support these programs will overbalance whatever benefit you get from them-you have to be very high income to be in that position-you would think these older voters would make protecting these programs their number one priority when they choose a candidate. Instead, older Republicans seem to be concerned with just about anything but protecting these programs.