When will Hillary Clinton give up her candidacy ?

Lash

Thu 7 Apr, 2016 08:49 am
@maporsche,
Hurts your head to have your narrow narrative debunked, eh?
0 Replies

Lash

Thu 7 Apr, 2016 08:50 am
@Olivier5,
Hillary supporters. Facts and accuracy are very inconvenient.
Olivier5

Thu 7 Apr, 2016 09:00 am
@Lash,
They're funny though, unintentionally. Porsche said you backtracted from your earlier position, which was literally: "Ugh"... So how did you do that? You said "ghu"? (ugh in reverse)
maxdancona

Thu 7 Apr, 2016 09:11 am
@snood,
snood wrote:

maxdancona wrote:

snood wrote:

Olivier5 wrote:

Thanks for reminding us that Bernie is only human. Seeing how he seems to win against all odds, I was under the impression he was the son of Athena and Yahweh or something.

He doesn't have to ve, to win these caucuses. Talk to me after he wins a primary, overwhelminly, in a genuinely diverse state. Which is, by the way what he has to do - more than once - to win.

How about New York? What that qualify as a genuinely diverse state?

Of course. You think he's going to win NY, and decisively?

I sure hope so. It is a possibility.

Actually, even if Bernie wins by just a single percentage point, it will be seen as an upset that will shake up the race. Of course if Bernie wins by 20 points, that would be even better.

0 Replies

Lash

Thu 7 Apr, 2016 09:20 am
@Olivier5,
LOL! Ugh-gate, one more example of psychotic grasping for any kind of traction: like Hillary, like bots.
0 Replies

revelette2

Thu 7 Apr, 2016 09:57 am
After Bernie's vague interview where he peppered his comments with "I don't know" "I believe it is" and "I haven't thought about it" he now has the gall to say Hillary Clinton is not qualified to be president. Not only that but he lied and said Hillary said it first.

Bernie Sanders says Hillary Clinton is not qualified to be president

0 Replies

revelette2

Thu 7 Apr, 2016 10:01 am
Bill de Blasio steps into his new role as a Clinton campaign surrogate

Quote:
New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio defended Hillary Clinton against criticism that she has taken money from members of the oil and gas industry in a press conference call hosted by her campaign on Friday afternoon. De Blasio touted his own reputation as a progressive leader and claimed the argument that Clinton is too cozy with the industry is false.

“I’m a progressive, and I tell you this one doesn’t hold water,” de Blasio said.

De Blasio, who worked as a political operative before running for office himself, managed Clinton’s U.S. Senate campaign in 2000. As a result of this relationship and the fact that the mayor has attempted to position himself as a national progressive voice, these are words political observers in New York and Washington, D.C., might have expected to hear from him far earlier in the primary campaign as Clinton weathered criticism that she’s insufficiently progressive from her rival, Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt. However, Friday’s conference call was the first time de Blasio headlined a public event as an official Clinton campaign surrogate,
0 Replies

snood

Thu 7 Apr, 2016 10:08 am
This is priceless. Clinton points out, rightfully, that Bernie's plans are not clear, that his explanations are weak, and that he sounds as if he hasn't done much research in the central issues on which he is basing his whole campaign.
All that **** is just demonstrably true. But Bernie and the Berniacs cry "foul! foul! She says I'm unqualified!" Such utter lying grasping horseshit.
Olivier5

Thu 7 Apr, 2016 10:15 am
@snood,
What "central issue" are you referring to? Breaking the banks?
bobsal u1553115

Thu 7 Apr, 2016 10:17 am
@maporsche,
Quote:
but they need to stop those anti-democratic caucuses too.

Absolutely. The caucuses are totally gamesmanship with little transparency.
Blickers

Thu 7 Apr, 2016 10:19 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote bobsal:
Quote:
Super delegates were added to prevent another Jimmy Carter sneaking past the DNC's annointed candidate.

Not doubting what you are saying, but Jimmy Carter won the first time and, while there were some financial difficulties at the end of his term, (mostly due to the Arab oil embargo which was due to Carter getting Egypt and Israel to make peace), an average of 2 Million Full Time jobs per year were created during his presidency.

Carter didn't get re-elected, (largely as a result of doing something really good), but you can do a lot worse than Carter as president.
bobsal u1553115

Thu 7 Apr, 2016 10:25 am
@Blickers,
That's my point exactly. Carter wasn't a bad President, and he is an excellent former President, but he wasn't what the DNC wanted. He was what the people wanted, at least for his first term.
ehBeth

Thu 7 Apr, 2016 10:43 am
@Blickers,
not sure why anyone really cares about the super delegates

in spite of what they were set up to do, they have yet to have any effect on the outcome of a primary season
bobsal u1553115

Thu 7 Apr, 2016 10:54 am
@ehBeth,
Than why do Hillary supporters add them to their delegate count when they claim Bernie can't win? If they aren't effective, the DNC still uses them and they certainly aren't meant to be reflective to the popular vote.

If they're used to over ride, say Independents or GOP operatives from registering as a Dem to rig the general election - that would certainly speak to how screwed up the primary system is.

The very first thing that needs to be done is change to a system that actually listens to all voters besides DP and GOP voters only, and allows for a clear chance for honest third party challenges.

By locking out Independent voters, the system effectively silences what some estimate to be a third of all voters.
ehBeth

Thu 7 Apr, 2016 10:55 am
@bobsal u1553115,
When have they ever made a difference?
ehBeth

Thu 7 Apr, 2016 10:58 am
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:
By locking out Independent voters, the system effectively silences what some estimate to be a third of all voters.

Personally, I think it's ridiculous that independents think they have any place in any party's nomination process.

I also think it's crazy that Trump and Sanders have been allowed to run as candidates for parties they're only peripherally connected to. They are both correctly third-party candidates trying to ride the coattails of the major parties' election systems.
0 Replies

snood

Thu 7 Apr, 2016 11:39 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

What "central issue" are you referring to? Breaking the banks?

Yes. Did you see the Daily News Interview? It's been in the news for 48 hours almost constantly. They asked him among other things all related to his plan to rescue our economy, how exactly he was going to break up the banks. His answers were pathetic, for anyone giving an honest assessment.
maporsche

Thu 7 Apr, 2016 11:47 am
@snood,
The part that got me about that whole thing was when he was asked how and under what laws he's prosecute individuals for criminal charges.

I haven't seen his campaign release anything detailing how he'd do that since.

Lash

Thu 7 Apr, 2016 11:57 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Still shocking that the party thought Carter was such a failure that they ran Kennedy against him, but I thought the Superdelegates were a result of McGovern and Dukakis routs.
snood

Thu 7 Apr, 2016 12:00 pm
@maporsche,
He's been bellowing for a year about how one of his first acts as president would be to "break up the too big to fail banks". Then when asked how? He's saying stuff like "I haven't studied it" and "I don't know what authority the Fed has". Was it unreasonable to expect him to be able to offer a little fleshing out of one of his grandiose plans?