When will Hillary Clinton give up her candidacy ?

Lash

Mon 27 Jul, 2015 09:16 am
Why would a cabinet member conduct state business on a private, unsecured server? To hide evidence of wrongdoing.

This is why Hillary's rep for dishonesty is epic.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/msnbcs-andrea-mitchell-media-underestimated-impact-of-clinton-email-scandal/
parados

Mon 27 Jul, 2015 09:21 am
@Lash,
First of all, it was not a private unsecured server. It was a server set up for a former US President. It was probably more secure than the government's own servers.
Lash

Mon 27 Jul, 2015 09:49 am
@parados,
You are incorrect.
http://www.masslive.com/politics/index.ssf/2015/07/hillary_clintons_unsecured_ema.html

Excerpt: Clinton, the former secretary of state and now the leading Democratic presidential candidate, wants to focus on the economic issues she and her team believe will drive the next election. But they remain unable to fully escape the questions surrounding her decision to run her State Department correspondence through an unsecured system set up at her New York home.
Lash

Mon 27 Jul, 2015 09:52 am
@parados,
http://gawker.com/how-unsafe-was-hillary-clintons-secret-staff-email-syst-1689393042
Damning flaunting of Obama's request for transparency and more evidence that she likely shares "secure" info with her financial overlords to legitimize the millions they pass her under the table.
Lash

Mon 27 Jul, 2015 10:10 am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JpUd7ZQgNY&feature=youtu.be&utm_content=buffer57b5c&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Watch the truth about Hillary Clinton. Morning Joe reports facts. Hillary lawyers her ass into a murky semantic non-exact-lie pile of ****.
revelette2

Mon 27 Jul, 2015 10:30 am
@Lash,
At the start forgive my speculation.

On the one hand I kinda buy your campaign like support of Bernie Sanders, you say all the right words and you bring off a pretty good sincerity. On the other hand I have to say that your support of Bernie Sanders gives you a pretty good cover for going after Hillary (who is still way ahead on the polls) on these threads, which are more left than right, in an aggressive manner and gives you solidity with other Bernie supporters at the same time. I don't really think you are plant, as I have hard time taking in real political operatives do that sort of thing. I mean this is just a message board. Maybe it is just a personal strategy or maybe it is really how you take Bernie Sanders and you are actually going to vote for him.

If it is not too personal a question, are you registered a republican where you live? I have been registered a democrat since the age of being able to vote and would never change as the party's platform with exception of a few align with my own ideological views. You have indicted you have changed your opinions so I was wondering if you have changed the party you are registered with in your state.
engineer

Mon 27 Jul, 2015 11:49 am
@revelette2,
It might work better if she spent more time praising Sanders and supporting his positions than attacking Clinton. There are plenty of people attacking Clinton, not enough pushing Sanders.
parados

Mon 27 Jul, 2015 12:23 pm
@Lash,
Really? Did you bother to read the entire article?

Quote:
The office has not suggested any wrongdoing by Clinton, according to U.S. officials speaking on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the referral publicly.

Quote:
None of the emails was marked "classified" at the time they were sent or received

What evidence does the reporter have that the system was unsecured? Her home is also the home of a former US President. This isn't some house wife from Schenectady. The home itself is secured by the Secret Service.
0 Replies

parados

Mon 27 Jul, 2015 12:30 pm
@Lash,
ROFLMAO...
Quote:

"It is almost certain that at least some of the emails hosted at clintonemails.com were intercepted," independent security expert and developer Nic Cubrilovic told Gawker.

The only thing that is certain is there is no evidence being presented here. It is clearly speculation.

Quote:

But the real worry comes from two other public-facing ClintonEmail.com subdomains, which can allow anyone with the right URL to try to sign in.

Anyone is free to try to sign into anyone's email address if they have the right URL. Simply because they can try to sign in does not mean they were able to do so. The article is nothing but speculation with no evidence about the actual security. I could as easily speculate that anyone that wants to could walk into your house since you have a door. That is not evidence of whether you have a lock on it or any other measures you have to secure that door. If I argued your house was unsecured because you have a door, would you accept my argument as valid?

Is is possible that Clinton used "pencil" for her password? Yes. Is it likely? No. The article is idle speculation that tells us nothing about the actual security involved.
ehBeth

Mon 27 Jul, 2015 12:37 pm
http://publiceditor.blogs.nytimes.com/2015/07/27/a-clinton-story-fraught-with-inaccuracies-how-it-happened-and-what-next/?smid=fb-share&_r=0

Quote:
ULY 27, 2015 10:00 AM July 27, 2015 10:00 am

Updated, 10:54 a.m. |

The story certainly seemed like a blockbuster: A criminal investigation of Hillary Rodham Clinton by the Justice Department was being sought by two federal inspectors general over her email practices while secretary of state.

It’s hard to imagine a much more significant political story at this moment, given that she is the leading candidate for the Democratic nomination for president.

The story – a Times exclusive — appeared high on the home page and the mobile app late Thursday and on Friday and then was displayed with a three-column headline on the front page in Friday’s paper. The online headline read “Criminal Inquiry Sought in Hillary Clinton’s Use of Email,” very similar to the one in print.

But aspects of it began to unravel soon after it first went online. The first major change was this: It wasn’t really Mrs. Clinton directly who was the focus of the request for an investigation. It was more general: whether government information was handled improperly in connection with her use of a personal email account.

Much later, The Times backed off the startling characterization of a “criminal inquiry,” instead calling it something far tamer sounding: it was a “security” referral.

From Thursday night to Sunday morning – when a final correction appeared in print – the inaccuracies and changes in the story were handled as they came along, with little explanation to readers, other than routine corrections. The first change I mentioned above was written into the story for hours without a correction or any notice of the change, which was substantive.

And the evolving story, which began to include a new development, simply replaced the older version. That development was that several instances of classified information had been found in Mrs. Clinton’s personal email – although, in fairness, it’s doubtful whether the information was marked as classified when she sent or received those emails. Eventually, a number of corrections were appended to the online story, before appearing in print in the usual way – in small notices on Page A2.

But you can’t put stories like this back in the bottle – they ripple through the entire news system.

So it was, to put it mildly, a mess.

Quote:
I’ll summarize my prescription in four words: Less speed. More transparency.

After all, readers come to The Times not for a scoop, though those can be great, but for fair, authoritative and accurate information.

when there is smoke, there is fire

sometimes it's not the fire you thought you were looking at
Frank Apisa

Mon 27 Jul, 2015 12:46 pm
Amazing that so many professed champions of a progressive agenda...are doing as much as possible to damage the person who has the best chance of winning...and actually providing protection for, and extension of, safety net programs.

This is all so pathetic it is almost painful to have to respond.

I am sure the people who want a conservative Republican to win in 2016 are applauding every move you misguided people are making.
bobsal u1553115

Mon 27 Jul, 2015 01:09 pm
@parados,
Secondly: secure or not the law at the time allowed her to do it. More properly the investigation should be what other President or Cabinette officials did it too without spilling secrets. Hell its been proven Cheney was just one leaker of Valery Plame's ID. I'd pay to see the report on Dick cheney alone.
Baldimo

Mon 27 Jul, 2015 01:20 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Of course you would pay to see Cheney's report, anything to distract from what Hillary has done.
bobsal u1553115

Mon 27 Jul, 2015 01:25 pm
@Baldimo,
So you think there should be a very short statute of limitations on treason? What kind of American are you? I bet you want to cut that traitor Pollard loose, too.

Why would I pay to see the records of someone I thought for a second did NOTHING wrong?
0 Replies

joykatl

Mon 27 Jul, 2015 01:29 pm
@Frank Apisa,
A "progressive" agenda is not dependent on one candidate. If you recall, a relatively unknown Junior Senator from Illinois beat her handily in 2008. We have several good candidates in the field any one of which carries lighter baggage than HRC.
Lash

Mon 27 Jul, 2015 01:30 pm
@revelette2,
I haven't been a registered Republican since Reagan. I registered Independent in the 90s. I'm still registered Indy right now.

Independent most closely characterizes how I approach politics. I don't want to "get in line" with a party, but be free to choose whoever I think deserves my support.

I didn't mind you asking.
RABEL222

Mon 27 Jul, 2015 01:37 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
So it was, to put it mildly, a mess.
URL: http://able2know.org/topic/275175-26

Which is what the New York Times wanted. This is just the kind of news Rupert Murdoch loves.
Lash

Mon 27 Jul, 2015 01:40 pm
@parados,
Why did she use a personal server, parados?

You're heavily invested in pretending you know more than the people and entities researching and investigating Clinton's behavior. Don't you ever get tired of these constant lies she gets caught in? Her insulting, wiggling lawyering to dodge answering basic questions? Ugh. Glad I'm not you.

She's just a silly girl who can't use a fax and doesn't really understand why she should follow protocol and use a reliable, secure method of communication. Who,...me? Try to erase what I said and did as Secretary of State?? She is the least accountable human being I've ever witnessed in the public arena.

Lucky you to have her as your beacon of hope for the future.
Frank Apisa

Mon 27 Jul, 2015 01:40 pm
@joykatl,
joykatl wrote:

A "progressive" agenda is not dependent on one candidate.

Okay...but I did not say it was.

So what is your point?

Quote:
If you recall, a relatively unknown Junior Senator from Illinois beat her handily in 2008.

That would be Barack Obama.

So what is your point?

Quote:

We have several good candidates in the field any one of which carries lighter baggage than HRC.

Yeah...but I didn't say you didn't.

I said "the candidate who has the best chance of winning."

All indicators are that at the moment Hillary Clinton has the best chance of winning.

So...what is your point?
Lash

Mon 27 Jul, 2015 01:41 pm
@Frank Apisa,
You're wrong. Bernie Sanders now polls as the one who has the best chance of winning.
Edited to add: This only shows him beating the top of the GOP line up.
http://www.thenewcivilrightsmovement.com/davidbadash/bernie_sanders_beats_donald_trump_and_jeb_bush_and_scott_walker