When will Hillary Clinton give up her candidacy ?

snood

Tue 29 Mar, 2016 08:46 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

Blickers wrote:

Peace and Prosperity-that's why I'm looking forward to another Clinton presidency.

As long as you aren't black or on welfare, of course.

Okay, help me out here, Lash. You present yourself as if you're concerned with the less fortunate, the dispossessed, the disenfranchised....
But then you say that you would rather Trump than Hillary be President, because like Susan Sarandon, you think it would be worth it because a Trump presidency might be just what the liberals need as their final wake up call (or something like that).

But what will happen to the people whose safety nets get snatched out from under them? What will happen, during those "revolutionary" Trump years, to those who get thrown off of healthcare? There is a wide swath of people who cannot afford to miss one paycheck, or one monthly treatment allowed by the ACA, or one single week without food stamps or help with childcare, or a dozen other things they count on just to frikkin survive. What will happen to all those poor people you act like you care about, when Trump or Cruz start dismantling the social contract they have with their government? Whether you actually care or not, you have GOT to know that Trump and Cruz don't give a ****.
Despite how you try to characterize her, Hillary has voted for 93% of the same policies that Bernie has. Despite your assertions that she will serve only the oligarchy, you've got to know that she will now have more people than ever in history with eyes on her thanks to Bernie's now undeniable influence, holding her accountable.

Pretending you care about the powerless, then withholding a vote from the Democrat in November, is a schizophrenic, indefensible notion.
cicerone imposter

Tue 29 Mar, 2016 08:52 pm
@snood,
You summarized that pretty well; I couldn't have said it better. Keep on chugging. I'm one of your supporters.
0 Replies

Blickers

Tue 29 Mar, 2016 09:45 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Great link, CI. It showed that under Clinton's presidency, the percentage of black jobholders who had bachelor's degrees or above rose an astonishing 23%, from 17.1% to 21.1%. That is a steady and real improvement.
0 Replies

maporsche

Tue 29 Mar, 2016 10:02 pm
@snood,
It's borderline psychopathic.

I've heard her mention that she simply doesn't give a **** about them if Bernie isn't the nominee.
Blickers

Tue 29 Mar, 2016 10:19 pm
@snood,
That's so true, snood-what happens to those on the bottom when the Republicans get the Executive Branch under their control as well as both chambers of the Legislative Branch? There goes the safety net that was begun to be erected in the 1930s by Roosevelt. Shredded beyond repair.

And what will happen to the elderly is just hideous to contemplate.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Wed 30 Mar, 2016 12:16 am
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:

Not voting for Bill & Hillary as a team, fact is I agree with Revellette and see that Bill needs to slow down a bit, that heart condition has taken its toll. I think that Bill was very much the president during his term, but he had Hillary as his close advisor and that worked out great. Hillary, if she is nominated and elected, will unquestionably be the president, only with Bill as her close advisor. Sounds good to me.

Fair enough.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Wed 30 Mar, 2016 02:05 am
@snood,
Well said.
0 Replies

Lash

Wed 30 Mar, 2016 03:09 am
@maporsche,
A lie.
Olivier5

Wed 30 Mar, 2016 03:46 am
@Lash,
Lash to Porsche wrote:
A lie.

Porsche tends to speak to his own sockpuppets a lot. It's safer than engaging real people I guess.

Still, I saw the Susan Sarandon interview yesterday and she got me worried. People are in the middle of the primaries and their spirits are all worked up now. I hope they calm down, come November. The idea that a period of fascism a la Trump would hasten the revolution is as old as Marxism, and it has never worked. German communists thought the same thing about Hitler back in the early 1930's... Next thing they knew was the inside of a concentration camp. Don't tempt the devil.
0 Replies

snood

Wed 30 Mar, 2016 07:20 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

A lie.

Ok. You've responded to a lie. Now respond to my question.
maporsche

Wed 30 Mar, 2016 07:32 am
@snood,
She won't now because it will show my paraphrase to be too close to the truth, which she has now denounced as a lie. Sorry man.
snood

Wed 30 Mar, 2016 08:02 am
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

She won't now because it will show my paraphrase to be too close to the truth, which she has now denounced as a lie. Sorry man.

Yeah, I was going to tell you I wish you hadn't given her that excuse. Saying you "heard her" say she doesn't give a damn about the powerless if Trump of Cruz get in (even though it is basically a logical conclusion of her reasoning - she and others who contribute to Trump or Cruz by withholding their Dem vote would be abandoning the powerless) just gave her something more manageable on which to focus.

However, my challenge for her to answer my accusation that her stance here is schizophrenic and indefensible still stands.
Olivier5

Wed 30 Mar, 2016 08:41 am
@maporsche,
If you had such a good point, there was no need to lie...

And no need to make it personal either. Other posters here, e.g. Edgar and Joe from Chicago are on the same line, as are supposedly millions of Americans out there. This is not about Lash. It's about Clinton's lack of credibility as a reformer; about Sanders being such a unique US politician; about his capacity to attract voters from beyond the Dem party; about Trump and the risk he poses (maybe Clinton doesn't need the votes of a few hardcore Sandersists to win); etc.
maporsche

Wed 30 Mar, 2016 08:41 am
@snood,
I understand. I have a feeling that she would have dodged your question regardless of my post though.

I'll try to help you hold her feet to the fire though and get her to answer your question. All #bernieorbust supporters should have to answer that question.
0 Replies

maporsche

Wed 30 Mar, 2016 08:43 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

If you had such a good point, there was no need to lie...

I don't believe I lied. I paraphrased using hyperbole (maybe), but I did not lie.

She can clear up her position if she chooses by answering Snoods question, then we can see how she feels in her own words.

All #bernieorbust supporters who claim to care about the poorest among us and throughout the world should have to answer that question, and like any forum post, anyone can reply to any question even if they're not specifically asked (like you have done here).
Olivier5

Wed 30 Mar, 2016 08:47 am
@maporsche,
LOL. When you say something totally invented, it's not called an hyperbole, it's called a lie. An hyperbole would be the case if you had exagerated her position, which you didn't.

But by all mean keep inventing other people's points, if that makes it easier for you to deal with them.
maporsche

Wed 30 Mar, 2016 08:50 am
@Olivier5,
How about you and I stop talking and let Lash make her point for herself.

Or you can by all means keep inventing her point for her, if that makes it easier for you to deal with me.
maporsche

Wed 30 Mar, 2016 08:52 am
@maporsche,
Or hey! If you're a #bernieorbust supporter, maybe you can answer Snood's question. You know, something productive.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Wed 30 Mar, 2016 09:02 am
@maporsche,
Sure, if she cares to.

As far as I am concerned, I don't get to vote in US elections so the issue is moot. If I did, I would vote for Bernie in the primaries and whoever wins the dem nomination in the general election, and I have been trying to convince Lash that it's the right thing to do, given Trump's folly.
maporsche

Wed 30 Mar, 2016 09:12 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

I would vote for Bernie in the primaries and whoever wins the dem nomination in the general election, and I have been trying to convince Lash that it's the right thing to do, given Trump's folly.

So we agree.

Now, I EAGERLY await Lash's response to Snood's very honest inquiry.

(Here it is Lash, in case it got lost in the subsequent posts, http://able2know.org/topic/275175-259#post-6154056)