When will Hillary Clinton give up her candidacy ?

parados

Thu 3 Mar, 2016 05:48 pm
@Lash,
Your numbers really have little to do with anything signed into law by Clinton.

Since there were only 145,000 people in Federal prisons in 2005 up from 110,000 in 2000 how could Clinton have signed into law something that increased prison population by 630,000? The states passed their own laws that say the largest increases in prison population. Once again, let me reiterate, federal prisons make up less than 10% of those incarcerated. State polices drove the large increase in prison populations.

I would suggest you read the comments on that piece. There are several that take apart the numbers and show how the increase in prison population started in the 1970s.
0 Replies

Lash

Fri 4 Mar, 2016 12:50 am
@InfraBlue,
Here's one I shared previously.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/clinton-foundation-received-subpoena-from-state-department-investigators/2016/02/11/ca5125b2-cce4-11e5-88ff-e2d1b4289c2f_story.html
Lash

Fri 4 Mar, 2016 12:54 am
This is more damning.

https://theintercept.com/2016/02/22/saudi-christmas-present/
blatham

Fri 4 Mar, 2016 06:32 am
To imagine that Donald Trump is the cause of GOP insanity is exactly the same as imagining that microscopes are the cause of germs.
0 Replies

parados

Fri 4 Mar, 2016 09:49 am
@Lash,
It's damning that we sold F-15s to the Saudis? We sold them arms when Bush was President. We sold them arms when Reagan was President.

Selling arms to an ally in the Mideast is hardly a damning piece of evidence of anything other than we support our allies.
maporsche

Fri 4 Mar, 2016 11:49 am
@parados,
I think she's losing it.

I'm sure Bernie would NEVER sell arms to our allies.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Fri 4 Mar, 2016 12:02 pm
@parados,
True. If we're willing to fight side by side with our allies, why should selling arms to them make any difference.
Blickers

Fri 4 Mar, 2016 12:24 pm
@cicerone imposter,
The Russian sources she gets her research from no doubt are very upset at the sale of American fighter jets to the Saudis.
cicerone imposter

Fri 4 Mar, 2016 12:29 pm
@Blickers,
Here's why the US sold to the Saudi's.
http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052970203899504577128674022827702
Blickers

Fri 4 Mar, 2016 12:42 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Sorry, CI, I don't want to subscribe to the Wall Street Journal or join the website. I get enough junk in my Email as it is, lol. Could you summarize?
cicerone imposter

Fri 4 Mar, 2016 12:44 pm
@Blickers,
It's to support their fight against Iran.
0 Replies

roger

Fri 4 Mar, 2016 12:47 pm
@Blickers,
Heh! I dropped my subscription over a year ago and still get 5 or 6 headlines in my inbox every day just so I can see what I'm missing.
0 Replies

wojo

Fri 4 Mar, 2016 01:18 pm
@parados,
Quote:
Selling arms to an ally in the Mideast is hardly a damning piece of evidence of anything other than we support our allies.

No. But covering it up means something, at least, it is what she does best.
InfraBlue

Fri 4 Mar, 2016 01:37 pm
@wojo,
So, what was covered up, exactly?

The sale of these aircraft was publicly reported in the media at the time.
wojo

Fri 4 Mar, 2016 01:40 pm
@InfraBlue,

Quote:
The sale of these aircraft was publicly reported in the media at the time.

What Ambassador Stevens was selling was covered up.
InfraBlue

Fri 4 Mar, 2016 02:13 pm
@wojo,
I would think that it would have been covered up through the regular governmental email servers, as well, under the designation of "Top Secret."
0 Replies

parados

Fri 4 Mar, 2016 02:37 pm
@wojo,
Ambassador Stevens was selling arms to the Saudis while in Libya? Any evidence of this other than the voices in your head?
0 Replies

glitterbag

Fri 4 Mar, 2016 03:35 pm
Just out of curiosity, how many people here thinks the State Department brokers arms deals independently? I'm beginning to understand that some of you are clueless about the roles of various Departments of our
Government. The State Department has a diplomatic mission, they facilitate deals on behalf of, and by direction from the White House with cooperation of other parts of the Government, for instance DOD might need to approve an arms deal.

In years past, and in all the previous administrations, I can't remember a Sec of State coming under this much scrutiny. Frankly the reason everyone is lying about her is they don't know how our Government is structured. Most people
don't care because it fouls up their reasons for hating Washington. And of course many people hate Hillary because they want to hate Hillary, they can't help themselves.

I'm actually not trying to defend Hillary, but when some of our countrymen prove to be so completely oblivious on how this government is structured, it makes my brain ache. Every Government Department is bound by rules defining its responsibilities. That's why no other part of Government directs military movements, not State, not the Dept of Interior, not Treasury, not Agriculture.

I'm not interested in changing anybody's view on Hillary or anyone else running for office. I know I ground my teeth thru 23 years of POTUS that I really thought were poor choices, but I didn't make up reasons to hate them. So, please hate Hillary if you need to hate her, just please make sure you are actually catching her doing something wrong. Don't heap on her when she is performing the duties that every other Secretary of State carried out in the past.
cicerone imposter

Fri 4 Mar, 2016 04:48 pm
@glitterbag,
Excellent points. People who hate Hillary needs to describe the why's and wherefore's on the job she's doing with facts as Secretary of State. I try to do some fact checks on claims made against anyone.
0 Replies

Lash

Fri 4 Mar, 2016 05:01 pm
@Lash,
LOL. Poor Hillary people.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/jun/2/clinton-foundations-sweden-fundraising-arm-cashed-/?page=all