When will Hillary Clinton give up her candidacy ?

cicerone imposter

Tue 29 Dec, 2015 01:11 pm
@snood,
Oh! Sorry bout that!
snood

Tue 29 Dec, 2015 01:13 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Very Happy
0 Replies

revelette2

Tue 29 Dec, 2015 01:57 pm
@blatham,
It seems as though Sanders aides and Sanders are not on the same page if the aides are calling for an investigation from top to bottom and Sanders wants to work it out and talk about the issues. Perhaps Sander's realizes it does his side no good, kind of takes the shine off his "above it all" image.
0 Replies

revelette2

Tue 29 Dec, 2015 02:04 pm
Gallup: Hillary Clinton ranked most-admired woman in U.S. for record 20th year

Quote:
Looks like she is “likeable enough.”

Americans named Democratic presidential frontrunner Hillary Clinton the most-admired woman living anywhere in the world for the 20th time, according to a poll released Monday.

Gallup says 13 percent of participants mentioned the former secretary of state when asked, “What [woman/man] that you have heard or read about, living today in any part of the world, do you admire most? And who is your second choice?”

During her lifetime, former first lady Eleanor Roosevelt was named most-admired woman a total of 13 times — placing her as the runner-up regarding first-place rankings.

This is the 14th consecutive year Clinton has topped the annual Gallup list — longer than any other woman or man in the Washington-based consulting company’s history.

Blickers

Tue 29 Dec, 2015 02:52 pm
@revelette2,
You mean Sarah Palin didn't make it?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Tue 29 Dec, 2015 07:14 pm
Hillary Clinton’s insane plan for a no-fly zone
http://america.aljazeera.com/opinions/2015/12/hillary-clintons-insane-plan-for-a-no-fly-zone.html
roger

Tue 29 Dec, 2015 07:21 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I read it the same way, and who wouldn't?
cicerone imposter

Tue 29 Dec, 2015 07:32 pm
@roger,
Thanks, but I now see the mistake I made.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Tue 29 Dec, 2015 09:12 pm
@edgarblythe,
So Russia bombing the crap out of our allies is ok with you. A no fly zone would protect many innocent Syrian people. Thats how I read it.
0 Replies

Blickers

Tue 29 Dec, 2015 09:58 pm
@roger,
Quote roger:
Quote:

The way it was phrased would make a certain percentage of people think that blatham was talking to them directly, and not making a reference to an argument being advanced. I understood blatham's comment, but I can see that some people might not.
0 Replies

blatham

Tue 29 Dec, 2015 10:39 pm
@roger,
Re: cicerone imposter (Post 6098078)

Tak and I have met in SF. I also met his lovely wife.

And I met you in Albuquerque, did I not? The food was good, as I recall.
0 Replies

Blickers

Wed 30 Dec, 2015 12:39 am
Sob! Hillary said unkind things about her husband's girlfriend.

She should have done what any woman would have done, baked Monica a cake and added her to her Christmas card list.
0 Replies

Lash

Wed 30 Dec, 2015 03:58 am
That glowing Clinton record Hillary is running on.

http://www.alternet.org/election-2016/15-ways-bill-clintons-white-house-failed-america-and-world
Blickers

Wed 30 Dec, 2015 04:40 am
@Lash,
Hey, Edgar just posted the same stupid article a few days ago in this very thread!

What did you two do-move in together or something? You are both using each other's stuff.
http://able2know.org/topic/275175-141#post-6096112
blatham

Wed 30 Dec, 2015 07:45 am
@Blickers,
Quote:
Hey, Edgar just posted the same stupid article a few days ago in this very thread!

I wouldn't label that as a "stupid" article (and I don't think AlterNet is a stupid source of information/opinion). Perhaps you use the term a bit differently than is the normal use.

But I would say it is unbalanced by an underlying idealism. And there is nothing wrong with that. Idealism tends to be driven by either some moral principle(s) or goal or by some performance goal. Those things serve as a target to aim at and it's just fine to note/criticize when we fall short.

And it is definitely the case that such targets and principles provide us with a reminder of the direction we'd like to move towards. Where the unbalance happens, as I think it did here, is to imagine that unmet goals or unsatisfied principles equal something like "working for the other side".

Idealists (and I certainly do not mean that as a derogation) like the writer of the piece or Edgar (in this case) get things a bit wrong (in my view) is in failing to note or perceive what was done right by the offending politician or person(s). Not all things are possible. Not all goals attainable. Clinton, at that time, just like Obama now, was working in an environment that curtailed what he could do, both as a matter of institutional barriers and as a matter of electoral realities.

Lash

Wed 30 Dec, 2015 11:17 am
This issue is front and center now. Hillary calls out Trump for his disgusting sexism. Trump knows about her husband's disgusting sexism - which is likely much worse because it likely involved Cosby-like behavior.

I bet we see stream of interviews with his victims starting soon.
snood

Wed 30 Dec, 2015 11:19 am
@Lash,
How is it again, that Hillary is to blame for this?
wimi

Wed 30 Dec, 2015 11:24 am
@Lash,
Quote:
I bet we see stream of interviews with his victims starting soon.

Maybe Cosby could campaign with him.
0 Replies

revelette2

Wed 30 Dec, 2015 11:26 am
This stuff will only play for those who would never vote for Hillary in the first place. It is like tabloids in check out aisles in the super market reporting. Look to her voting and advocating record to tell the tale.

Hillary Clinton's Long, Cautious Record on Women's Rights
0 Replies

revelette2

Wed 30 Dec, 2015 11:29 am
@snood,
I guess it is because she either didn't leave Bill for his affairs and what not or because she called the other women names. If anything, this line of attack will end up backfiring on Lash's ilk and Trump. It is just trivial and trashy and frankly none of our business. Last of all, Trump should talk.