When will Hillary Clinton give up her candidacy ?

Frank Apisa

Tue 15 Dec, 2015 03:36 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

I neither think nor have I intentionally intimated that you are a pig or lowlife or bad person. I simply am of the opinion that your writing here sometimes takes a condescending tone.

Thank you, Snood.

My comments at times do take on a condescending tone. Yours do also. In fact, a "condescending tone" seems to be on the high end of the "courtesy" scale for many people here.

ci, for instance, has not graduated to that place yet. He is more likely to be demeaning...to call people stupid or ignorant...or any of a plethora of other descriptive terms he uses regularly. All of them, in my opinion, a step down on that ladder.

I did not ask for this argumentative give and take with ci. He came into this thread with a bug up his butt...apparently looking for one of these dust-ups he so obviously enjoys. . He seems, at times, to thrive on them.

So, I accommodated him...as I have accommodated others who thrive on them.

We are similar in that respect, Snood. We both do that.
0 Replies

Blickers

Tue 15 Dec, 2015 04:55 pm
@georgeob1,
So if they get rid of government insured college loans, which have been going on forever, the number of American college students will drop drastically and America will fall even farther behind other advanced countries in the percent of people in the workforce with a college education.

This is your idea of good?
Blickers

Tue 15 Dec, 2015 05:36 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Actually, CI, the average rates of tuition at state colleges has risen 3.4% a year beyond inflation since 2005. Average rates of inflation is 2% a year, so for state colleges it has been about 5.4% a year for the last 10 years.
http://trends.collegeboard.org/content/average-rates-growth-published-charges-decade-0

Private colleges might differ, but students who go to private colleges tend to be from wealthier backgrounds.
cicerone imposter

Tue 15 Dec, 2015 06:13 pm
@Blickers,
Thanks for the correction. It's still pretty high compared to wage increases, tho, and it becomes more difficult for students to come out of college to pay off their loans quickly.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Tue 15 Dec, 2015 06:53 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I don't think you are either a pig or garbage. However I believe the aphorism was indeed relevant to the situation.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Tue 15 Dec, 2015 07:11 pm
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:

So if they get rid of government insured college loans, which have been going on forever, the number of American college students will drop drastically and America will fall even farther behind other advanced countries in the percent of people in the workforce with a college education.

This is your idea of good?

Government insured college loans have not been going on forever. They are a fairly recent innovation, though the government has been subsidizing college education through various programs such as those for Veteran and others for decades. Recently the government had created almost monopolistic control over student loans, setting below market rates and reducing the competitive market pressures on universities in the process. The result has been a rapid rise in tuitions (= higher prices for all) and a generation of recent graduates saddled with debt and pressuring the government for debt forgiveness.

As long as there is economic demand for people with university educations there will be Universities and students to meet that demand. We probably don't need any increase in the number of graduates with BAs in sociology or stuff like that and we certainly don't need to saddle future generations with the obligation to pay for it. Folks worth educating generally seek education themselves.
RABEL222

Tue 15 Dec, 2015 07:46 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
! The middle class continues to disappear as wages remain stagnant

You see that, I see that, now if someone could convince the voting public that their being screwed by the 1% and the politicians in their hire we might get something done but I see 90% or more of the incumbents being reelected.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Tue 15 Dec, 2015 07:47 pm
@Lash,
What I know is she isent what you say she is. Your hatred is showing in spades.
RABEL222

Tue 15 Dec, 2015 07:56 pm
@snood,
But you will concede that it usually happens after someone has attacked him. If someone makes an attack what can they expect but to be attacked in return.
Lash

Tue 15 Dec, 2015 08:01 pm
@RABEL222,
Ad hominems are easy. Why don't you refute my comments? Prove I'm not right.
0 Replies

Lash

Tue 15 Dec, 2015 08:07 pm
@RABEL222,
No, he's a lot like you. He can't tolerate opinions he disagrees with and attacks the messenger personally.

Try this. If you think someone is making untrue statements, prove it.

If they are correct, suck it up.
RABEL222

Tue 15 Dec, 2015 08:25 pm
@Lash,
Like I said earlier to you. You post a lot of crap that calles her all kinds of things but when you read to the last paragraph admit that what they post is only opinion, not fact. You hate them so much that you willingly post lies, knowing they are lies. The one thing I know is that you hate the Clintons and like Baldy all the facts in the world would be thrown off as lies because you cannot admit the FACT that you hate them.
engineer

Tue 15 Dec, 2015 08:30 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

In all honesty, is there a more hated political figure in America at this time than Hillary Clinton?

Sure. Has anyone ever said in all seriousness that Clinton is the Anti-Christ? How about saying she is not even a US citizen? The anti-Clinton machine has been hard at work for well over twenty years and she's still doesn't get that level of hate.
edgarblythe

Tue 15 Dec, 2015 08:32 pm
@engineer,
Her balls are manufactured by wall street.
0 Replies

Lash

Tue 15 Dec, 2015 08:32 pm
@RABEL222,
If you have missed me sharing the fact that I hate them, you have severe comprehension issues.

I hate them because of the damage they have done to this country.

I've given many examples of the damage they've done. You haven't been able to refute one of my claims... All you do is attack me personally.

Personal attacks against someone because you don't like their politics is lame.

Disprove a claim.
Blickers

Tue 15 Dec, 2015 10:33 pm
@georgeob1,
Government backed college loans have been around at least as far back as the 1960s. It has fueled America's growth-a college graduate used to be a rare thing. Cutting out government backed college loans and watching the rest of the world college educate their young for free while we put obstacles and costs in the way of our own youth is shooting ourselves in the foot.
Blickers

Wed 16 Dec, 2015 12:26 am
@snood,
Bill Maher would argue that presidential elections should NOT be any shorter than they presently are:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i33FUrrhzGI
cicerone imposter

Wed 16 Dec, 2015 01:44 pm
@Blickers,
True; college education of our children is the most important issue of our times to keep our country competitive economically and for our defense.
Miller

Wed 16 Dec, 2015 05:52 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

True; college education of our children is the most important issue of our times to keep our country competitive economically and for our defense.

While higher education is also important for the American public, far more important is the security of the US. If we're killed by a street bumb thrown by a terrorist, our education will be of no value to anyone.
cicerone imposter

Wed 16 Dec, 2015 06:17 pm
@Miller,
What's the probability of anyone in the US getting killed by a street bomb?