When will Hillary Clinton give up her candidacy ?

bobsal u1553115

Tue 3 Nov, 2015 06:05 am
@revelette2,
That works only if you have the manpower in place to heed the call. I question the power of the call from ISIS, say, in New York.
revelette2

Tue 3 Nov, 2015 10:11 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Look, it is really not rocket science to figure out how ISIS or IS can recruit someone in NY from some ME country. They have cell phones and internet connections just the same as anyone else. How much man power do you need for one young Muslim who listened or read on the internet a call to do harm in whatever fashion he can to a non Muslim? If you remember from the link I left the other day, ISIS said anything from hitting someone on the head with a rock to poising crops or water or running over someone with a car.

I think IS is a threat and a threat to the US the same as in the rest of the world. I don't think the US can solve the problem by going into Syria with shock and awe and all out invasion, but I do think we can and should provide help along with others in the region. If like you all think, Iraq caused ISIS, then it seems to me we have a moral obligation to help with the problem we caused.

bobsal u1553115

Tue 3 Nov, 2015 02:25 pm
@revelette2,
I just don't see the threat level you do, thats all.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Tue 3 Nov, 2015 02:27 pm
Obama to Hillary: Stop Playing the Victim.

Hillary's not so subtle false implication regarding Bernie last week, reminded me that that wasn't the first time she had played the 'gender card'.

I remember this very well.

Was as offended, as a woman, then as I was when she repeated the tactic with Bernie.

Bernie and Obama .....

As Obama said in that interview:

'It's not how we would expect her to operate if she were president'

My question is, since it didn't help her win last time, why on earth would she try doing it again?

Wouldn't it be great if our Politicians, like Bernie, just stuck to the ISSUES rather playing these games especially when it's clear the voters are not interested in seeing this kind of thing.
Baldimo

Tue 3 Nov, 2015 03:48 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
She needs to stick to the narrative in the case she wins the Dem nod. That way she can play the gender card when she runs against the GOP for the big job.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Tue 3 Nov, 2015 05:15 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

Was as offended, as a woman, then as I was when she repeated the tactic with Bernie.

Shocked
Frank Apisa

Tue 3 Nov, 2015 06:01 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

bobsal u1553115 wrote:

Shocked

That hit me like a ton of bricks too, McG.

I never woulda thunk it.

Bobsal.
..you really should have clued us in a long time ago...and not drop it like a bomb!
RABEL222

Wed 4 Nov, 2015 12:00 am
@Frank Apisa,
2008, 7 years ago. Thats really reaching. No one changes their mind over a 7 year period?
Frank Apisa

Wed 4 Nov, 2015 03:29 am
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

2008, 7 years ago. Thats really reaching. No one changes their mind over a 7 year period?

I was surprised that Bobsal is a woman. I never realized that.
snood

Wed 4 Nov, 2015 10:40 am
@Frank Apisa,
Dang, I didn't know that either!
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Wed 4 Nov, 2015 06:22 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I seemed to have dropped a link, now I can't find it: Eh.

Try this one: http://www.democraticunderground.com/1251759209
Frank Apisa

Thu 5 Nov, 2015 01:18 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

I seemed to have dropped a link, now I can't find it: Eh.

Try this one: http://www.democraticunderground.com/1251759209

Bobsal...

...you were just quoting someone in that post?

You are male?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Thu 5 Nov, 2015 01:19 pm
By the way...male or female...it doesn't matter.

It's just that I was surprised...or astonished.
Frank Apisa

Thu 5 Nov, 2015 01:22 pm
Old joke I've told before:

Lexicographer Noah Webster is caught by his wife kissing the downstairs maid.

She exclaims, "Noah, I am surpised."

Webster replies, "No, Dear...you are astonished. It is I who am surprised."
0 Replies

revelette2

Sat 7 Nov, 2015 07:13 am
Source: Key Clinton emails did not contain highly classified secrets

'The initial determination was based on a flawed process,' a source says.
0 Replies

snood

Sat 7 Nov, 2015 07:34 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

By the way...male or female...it doesn't matter.

It's just that I was surprised...or astonished.

I just realized after exchanging IMS with bobsal that he/she is enjoying keeping folks guessing - the confusion isn't inadvertent. As I told her/him, I guess people have to find their amusement how they can.
0 Replies

OregonFlyBy

Sat 7 Nov, 2015 10:22 am
After Obama, I think she'll be the most ideal choice for the The President of USA!
Lash

Sat 7 Nov, 2015 06:07 pm
@OregonFlyBy,
No darling! It will be Bernie Sanders!!!! Yay!!!!!
Lash

Sun 8 Nov, 2015 06:59 am
A peek behind the Clinton curtains. http://linkis.com/www.usnews.com/news/p4Ik6

0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Sun 8 Nov, 2015 09:47 am
The Hole in Hillary’s Flip-Flop Excuse

She keeps saying new information makes her change her mind on policy. But what new information?

Hillary Clinton has a propensity to change her mind on big issues. She has reversed her positions on gay marriage, immigration, gun control, the Trans-Pacific Partnership trade pact, mass incarceration and the Iraq War, and some believe her recent stand on the Keystone XL pipeline constitutes a flip, too.

Everybody agrees that changing facts can justify a change in one’s view. But Clinton’s insistence that learning about “new” or “better” information propels her reassessments prompts this question: What was the new information?

To my knowledge, no new “information” about gay marriage emerged from the day she endorsed civil unions for same-sex couples to the day she demanded the right to same-sex marriage. The immigration, gun control and mass-incarceration issues have been similarly unrippled by shocking new findings. Likewise, the information required to make a stand against the Iraq War was not hidden. Other senators found it and took that position! Perhaps the anti-war information escaped Clinton’s notice—in which case, bad on her—or perhaps she viewed it and decided not to act on it—in which case, double-bad on her. And who among us had a better vantage from which to assemble an encyclopedic view on the Trans-Pacific Partnership than Clinton? She praised it endlessly while secretary of state, but pulled a moonshiner’s turn last week to skedaddle away from it.

If Clinton lived in Gobles, Michigan, had no library card and no Internet connection, we could accept her new-information excuse. But for the past 25 years, Clinton has had some of the best researchers at her disposal—a private staff, a campaign staff, the wizards at the State Department staff, a senatorial staff, the busy beavers from the Congressional Research Service and the White House staff. And, in fact, every indication and story we know about Hillary Clinton’s policy work belabors just how much she studies and learns. So if new or better information has been the impetus for her policy shifts, she must concede that she has a fat history of taking the wrong position in the early going and then requiring a re-do. The constant need for re-dos appears to indicate that she’d make a lousy surgeon and a bad 3 a.m. president.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2015/10/democratic-debate-hillary-clinton-flip-flop-213247#ixzz3qumxy6T2