Every Liberal And Democrat needs To Look At This IMHO

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2015 07:59 am
A facebook acquaintance said this and I couldn't agree more

"Liberals might not like hearing this, but it’s going to be Hillary Clinton or a Republican in 2016. It really breaks down to these two options: Either get on board with Hillary Clinton, even if she’s not everything you’ve dreamed of. - or – Whine and cry because Elizabeth Warren isn’t going to run, become apathetic, then let Republicans win the White House in 2016; likely replace four Supreme Court Justices over the following 8 years; start a war with Iran; ruin the planet; destroy our economy again; and undo all the good that’s been done these last 6 years. Yes, it’s really that simple."
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 25 • Views: 7,924 • Replies: 125

maxdancona

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2015 08:01 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
This sounds awfully familiar. Weren't you saying exactly this in 2008?

If Hillary wins the Democratic nomination, then she will have my support and my vote. I am still holding onto the hope that it doesn't come to that.
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2015 08:06 am
@maxdancona,
In 2008 yes, I was pretty sure she would get the nomination. I was mistaken. This time is different IMO. No one else is stepping up (and it's NOT that early in the process) and Warren is NOT going to run and has said so over and over as has Bernie Sanders, something Obama did not say in 2008.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2015 08:18 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
It is early yet... I would also point out that "Hillary: you have no choice so suck it" might not be the slogan that she wants attached to her campaign at this point.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2015 08:48 am
putting words in my mouth there max. Is it then your opinion that Warren or Sanders is going to suddenly change their minds and run? Because that's where all the whining is coming from....that camp. Even when they've said FIRMLY they will not run because they're needed where they are, certain groups act like it's still a possibility. Of course a dark horse candidate could pop up...anything can happen.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2015 09:00 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
There are O'malley, Webb and Chafee... none of whom I would consider a "dark horse" and all of whom have the advantage of not being named Clinton.

I don't want Warren to run. She is excellent right where she is. I like Sanders... but he would never be a serious presidential candidate.

gungasnake

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2015 09:15 am
@maxdancona,
O'Malley at least understands the gigantic banking and monetary issues. Whatever else you'd be signing up for with a former governor of Md in the white house would be another question...

O'Malley would support the immediate reenactment of the FDR Glass/Steagal law.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2015 09:25 am
@gungasnake,
I don't think this is a thread for you Gunga (it is addressed to liberals and Democrats). But, I will ask you anyway.

If you had to choose between O'Malley and Hillary... and your choice would be our next President, which would you choose?
georgeob1

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2015 09:28 am
The Hillary Clinton campaign has been unravelling since the unveiling of her "Hard Choices" book and the gaffes and condescending self righteousness that accompanied it. Lately, amidst the obvious lies attending the State Department e-mail controversy, the growing impressiuon of corrpution around the Clinton foundation with implications of political payoffs for contributors and special foundation-paid salaries for Clinon political functionaries , that process has been accelerating. Now with her "scobie van" trip across the midwest she is beginning to look ridiuculous. The contrast of her very evident personal elitism and sense of entitlement, with her exceedingly awkward attempts at "connecting with regular people" is becoming increasingly evident to all. I think things will only get worse for her.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2015 09:33 am
@georgeob1,
And what is with that phallic logo? They need to pay for a real graphic designer.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2015 09:36 am
I know the Repubs are anxious to continue Benghazi and Whitewater investigations another eight years. That's what made them so successful against Bill and Obama. Smile
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2015 09:59 am
@maxdancona,
I disagree with your assessment. these are dark horses at this time. I'm not disagreeing something could change.
http://2016.democratic-candidates.org/
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2015 10:01 am
I certainly hope this won't turn into the usual back and forth about who's allowed to be in the "real liberal" club and who isn't. I put up with that bullshit in 2008
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2015 10:03 am
I supported Clinton last time all the way up until Obama secured the nomination. I will do the same again.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2015 10:57 am
@edgarblythe,
The sense of Entitlement from Hillary's supporters in 2007 (well before the primary had happened), was one of the reasons that she lost in 2008. This is an election, not a coronation.

You can support your candidate, I will support mine. I will support the Democratic nominee in the general election, I hope you will too. This "Hillary is the only choice, deal with it", bullshit more than 18 months before the election isn't doing her candidacy any good.

I have never voted for a Clinton in a primary election... I think Bill Clinton was a skilled politician, but he did a lot of things that pissed me off... from obvious sleeze, to failed policies like "don't ask don't tell", "welfare to work". I don't think a Hillary Clinton presidency will be very much different.

I hope I don't have to vote for her.

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2015 11:21 am
@maxdancona,
She is the only one truly out there, earning her way to the nomination. That's no coronation, it's the way the process works.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2015 11:31 am
@edgarblythe,
Earning her nomination, eh? So why are her followers already picking her running mate, 20 months before the election and before anyone else has even announced?

The process still includes a primary, you know. Hillary Clinton is not entitled to the Democratic nomination, nor is she owed the Democratic nomination.

In fact, she is a flawed candidate. This is early in the process. There is plenty of time for a better candidate to emerge.

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2015 11:35 am
@maxdancona,
Her followers are not allowed to think ahead, just in case she does win? Are you telling me we have no right to think about it?
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2015 11:36 am
@edgarblythe,
Show me a candidate who has not been flawed. You could find flaws in Lincoln, Roosevelt and Washington. But they rose above it and did a damn fine job.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2015 11:38 am
@edgarblythe,
No, you have the right to do anything you want.

I am just pointing out that the attitude of Hillary supporters is not a very pleasant one. The assumption made by Hillary supporters in the Hillary running mate thread that she will be the nominee. There is no "if" she makes it in that thread. It is presented as a foregone conclusion.

This is a problem. (As is the current thread).