Every Liberal And Democrat needs To Look At This IMHO

maxdancona

Reply Thu 16 Apr, 2015 08:37 am
@revelette2,
You are telling me why you think all of the questionable parts of a Hillary candidacy aren't a big deal. Let me ask about the other side of the question (which is more important and perhaps a bigger problem for Hillary).

What about Hillary makes her the best choice for the presidency? (So far, the responses on this thread are that she is "the only one", that she is connected and that she has financial connections.... not a very inspiring platform).
ehBeth

Reply Thu 16 Apr, 2015 08:37 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Obama did pretty well against the Kochs

I think it would be useful for potential candidates on all sides to remember this. That grassroots campaigning for funds worked - and it worked well.
revelette2

Reply Thu 16 Apr, 2015 08:44 am
@maxdancona,
She did a good job as both senator and secretary as state, she has a lot of good ideas on domestic issues of which I agree with, I agree with her views on education. Thomas left a link on another thread and I agreed with a good deal of them which is what persuaded me to give her a chance and support her if she is the one picked. If she is not, I will support whoever else runs on the democratic ticket. It mostly comes down to domestic issues with me because almost no one who is running that I know of (don't know everyone's views)are unbalanced so to speak on the question of Israel/Palestine.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 16 Apr, 2015 09:58 am
@ehBeth,
That base has grown WAY more cynical and apathetic now, more's the pity. The 2014 election cycle is undeniable proof of that IMO. The very apathy, low support and shitty voter turnout that enabled the GOP sweep in 2014 has allowed them to become more and more powerful financially. Add to that the way they've been able to get gerrymandering down to a fine science and I don't think grass roots fund raising will play nearly the part it did before, sad to say.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 16 Apr, 2015 10:03 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
I don't think this is true. 2014 was a midterm election. It was no different than 2010, 2006, 2002 or 1998. The apathy, low support and shitty voter turnout has been part of almost every midterm election for decades.

Maybe the base is cynical and apathetic. But it isn't any more cynical or apathetic.
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 16 Apr, 2015 10:06 am
@maxdancona,
we will agree to disagree.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 16 Apr, 2015 10:16 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
Since the Obama approach to fund-raising and voter engagement was new less than a decade ago I'll have to disagree to your implication that it's passe now. It could definitely use some fine-tuning as people overall are increasingly internet savvy. Emails won't work as well as they did - but phone apps ... hit those now.

What I think (IMNSHO) is that Democrats should consider why Mr. Obama was not used more in the non-presidential election cycles.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Thu 16 Apr, 2015 10:29 am
For the record I don't have any problem with Hillary running. She has as much right to run as anyone else.

The attempt to declare Hillary the nominee 20 months before the election and to demand that any "liberal and Democrat" needs to fall into line or else is a little annoying.

I hope that Hillary loses the primary election again. And, I hope that the Democratic nominee who beats her will win the general election again. If Hillary wins the primary, I will support her in the general election.

Let's have a primary. Just please, Hillary supporters, don't repeat the embarrassing spectacle of bad behavior that happened during the 2008 primaries.

revelette2

Reply Thu 16 Apr, 2015 10:52 am
@maxdancona,
I understand your feelings and you have a right to it. I held on too for about the same reasons except I don't see the big deal of the email stuff. To my mind she is too much a politician first, I didn't like the way she handled the Benghazi hearing and I think she is too much an Israel supporter. However, I agree with her domestic issues and think she would do well for our country in so many ways. We need someone to do well with domestic issues. I love Obama, still admire him, I admire his views on most issues, however, he is too compromising with the republicans, Hillary is not. In my opinion, that made him a good president globally but not necessarily dealing with today's republicans.
0 Replies

cogburn

Reply Thu 16 Apr, 2015 11:01 am
Quote:
Shrillary’s “Ordinary Iowans” Were Democrat Plants

No one could be so purely ersatz. It’s almost as if Hillary is some artificial parody of fakeness. Regarding the “ordinary Iowans” she deigned to sit with in Flyover Country:

Hillary Clinton’s astroturf candidacy is in full swing in Iowa.

Her Tuesday morning visit to a coffee shop in LeClaire, Iowa was staged from beginning to end, according to Austin Bird, one of the men pictured sitting at the table with Mrs. Clinton.

Bird told Daily Mail Online that campaign staffer Troy Price called and asked him and two other young people to meet him Tuesday morning at a restaurant in Davenport, a nearby city.

Price then drove them to the coffee house to meet Clinton after vetting them for about a half-hour.

The three got the lion’s share of Mrs. Clinton’s time and participated in what breathless news reports described as a ’roundtable’– the first of many in her brief Iowa campaign swing.

Not just anyone gets to play the part of an ordinary Iowan in the absurd spectacle of Shrillary’s election campaign. Bird’s resume:

Bird himself is a frequent participant in Iowa Democratic Party events. He interned with President Obama’s 2012 presidential re-election campaign, and was tapped to chauffeur Vice President Joe Biden in October 2014 when he visited Davenport.

Bird describes himself as working in “public relations.”

He’s also an outspoken progressive whose Facebook wall shows he ordered a ‘Hillary For President’ bumper sticker 22 months ago.

As for the other faux ordinary Iowans,

The other two, he confirmed, were University of Iowa College Democrats president Carter Bell and Planned Parenthood of the Heartland employee Sara Sedlacek.

Shrillary hates normal Americans and assumes that the more clearly we see her the more we will hate her back. That’s why she won’t let regular people come near, where they could ask embarrassing questions. But then with Shrillary, any intelligent question is embarrassing. She doesn’t even want to do interviews with the partisan Democrat hacks comprising the establishment media. All we will see until she has secured power is a phony facade, because she knows that not even most Democrats would have the stomach to vote for what’s behind the facade.

Edit [Moderator]: Link removed
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Thu 16 Apr, 2015 11:56 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
blueveinedthrobber wrote:

I disagree with your assessment. these are dark horses at this time. I'm not disagreeing something could change.
http://2016.democratic-candidates.org/

Totally agree. I was really taken aback by the 'not dark horses' comment. How else could you describe them?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 16 Apr, 2015 02:39 pm
@maxdancona,
here's your chance to put your money where your mouth is. this should make your day
http://www.politico.com/story/2015/04/lincoln-chafee-president-candidate-democratic-primary-campaign-117047.html?cmpid=sf#ixzz3XUDUrcMP
maxdancona

Reply Thu 16 Apr, 2015 03:21 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
That does make my day a little brighter. Thanks Blue!

I would really like to see Marty O'Malley jump in.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 16 Apr, 2015 03:39 pm
@maxdancona,
Marty O'Malley wrote:
History celebrates profiles in courage, not profiles in convenience. The dignity of every person tells us that the right to marry is not a state right, it is a human right.

There is a little jab for you...
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 16 Apr, 2015 08:19 pm
I know you're not saying that's a jab at me. I'm in perfect agreement with that statement re: gay marriage
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Thu 16 Apr, 2015 09:43 pm
@maxdancona,
I do believe that I was an adult in 2008. You seem to be using the conservative trick of hinting that I and others on this site arnt quite as bright as you. As I have stated on more than one occasion I dont agree with all her opinions but she is the best of the people running. And as always, or most of the time the primaries will determine the runners.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Thu 16 Apr, 2015 09:50 pm
@maxdancona,
You mean like Bush #2 in 2000. That is the bad action that you should remember. The stealing of the 2000 presidential election with the help of the "nonpolitical?" Supreme Court.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 17 Apr, 2015 06:53 am
and here we go. Just the "I'm a better liberal than you" bullshit we've experienced before. Very productive
maxdancona

Reply Fri 17 Apr, 2015 07:15 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
All I am saying is; let's have a primary.

If Hillary wins, then I will support her. That seems like a reasonable way to settle this productively.
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 17 Apr, 2015 11:23 am
@maxdancona,
you're making specific judgments on behavior of people with a different viewpoint than yours. In a derogatory manner. It's right here in plain English for all to see.