Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2015 07:51 pm
@ossobuco,
Sure, if you prefer clowns.
Ben 88

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2015 08:16 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:

Isn't that why people are on this forum?
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2015 08:56 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
blueveinedthrobber wrote:

A facebook acquaintance said this and I couldn't agree more

"Liberals might not like hearing this, but it’s going to be Hillary Clinton or a Republican in 2016. It really breaks down to these two options: Either get on board with Hillary Clinton, even if she’s not everything you’ve dreamed of. - or – Whine and cry because Elizabeth Warren isn’t going to run, become apathetic, then let Republicans win the White House in 2016; likely replace four Supreme Court Justices over the following 8 years; start a war with Iran; ruin the planet; destroy our economy again; and undo all the good that’s been done these last 6 years. Yes, it’s really that simple."

Washington is in paralysis, the next POTUS is not likely to make much of a difference. THis being so reforming the D party would be much more productive than electing queen Hillary. The first thing we need to do is to punish them for not giving us a choice, by voting against Hillary. If enough of us do it they will think twice about ******* us over again.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2015 04:51 am
Someone willing to vote in a way that lets a Republican take the office...

...talking about teaching people a lesson about ******* us over!

Oh...the irony!
revelette2

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2015 09:23 am
@Frank Apisa,
I would agree more with the author of the article(?) which started this thread, if the primary campaign season was more than half way through and it was clear no one viable was going to get it besides Hillary. We are not really giving anyone else a chance if the mood so to speak of the democrats has all but already chosen a winner. No one else will be encouraged to campaign and take on debates with Hillary in that case.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2015 09:56 am

Don't forget what this is about.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 10 May, 2015 12:55 pm
http://www.forwardprogressives.com/bernie-sanders-already-making-likely-republicans-win-white-house-2016/
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 10 May, 2015 02:07 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
Yep.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 10 May, 2015 04:21 pm
@edgarblythe,
Yep again, Edgar.

I understand the frustration of Sanders and the far left...

...but preventing a Republican win is much more important than "teaching the Democrats a lesson" by being petulant.
maxdancona

Reply Sun 10 May, 2015 06:09 pm
@Frank Apisa,
On the other hand, if the Republicans win in 2016, there is a chance that a candidate I like will win in 2020.
maxdancona

Reply Sun 10 May, 2015 06:14 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
This article actually compares Bernie Sanders to Ted Cruz. This is a pretty sleazy thing to do. That Hillary supporters are stooping to these mudslinging attacks against opponents at this early stage is telling.

Are Hillary and her supporters capable of running a decent campaign? Or is this 2008 all over again.

0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Sun 10 May, 2015 06:15 pm
@maxdancona,
If there is still a United States as you know it.
maxdancona

Reply Sun 10 May, 2015 06:38 pm
@RABEL222,
We survived 8 years of Reagan, 12 years of Bushes and even 8 years of Bill Clinton. I think this is a little bit of a hyperbole.

Why are Hillary supporters so frightened of democracy?

I propose that we have a primary where each candidate appeals to candidates to win their party nominations... and then we have a general election where the person who wins the majority of electoral votes gets four years in the White House.

Do you have a problem with that?

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 11 May, 2015 06:30 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

We survived 8 years of Reagan, 12 years of Bushes and even 8 years of Bill Clinton. I think this is a little bit of a hyperbole.

I propose that we have a primary where each candidate appeals to candidates to win their party nominations... and then we have a general election where the person who wins the majority of electoral votes gets four years in the White House.

maxdancona

Reply Mon 11 May, 2015 07:04 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
blueveinedthrobber wrote:

maxdancona wrote:

0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 12 May, 2015 08:18 am
You have successfully established yourself as a "real" liberal and superior to we DINOS now max, you may go home and wrap yourself in your warm cocoon of smugness.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 12 May, 2015 08:59 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
I think you wanted to say "superior to us DINOS..."
NSFW (view)
wmwcjr

Reply Tue 12 May, 2015 04:46 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

http://images.dailykos.com/images/141987/large/REPUBLICAN-clown-car-o.gif?1430948636
0 Replies

NSFW (view)