Every Liberal And Democrat needs To Look At This IMHO

maxdancona

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2015 11:40 am
@maxdancona,
Also, I don't think that people will forget the bad behavior of Hillary supporters in the 2008 primary.

If I were a Hillary supporter now, I would make an extra effort not to repeat this.
gungasnake

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2015 12:23 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
If you had to choose between O'Malley and Hillary... and your choice would be our next President, which would you choose?

That would be an overwhelmingly easy choice and it would favor O'Malley.

Glass/Steagal is a gigantic issue and O'Malley appears to actually understand those kinds of gigantic money/banking issues which affect everybody on the planet. Most if not all of the other issues which get everybody excited are nowhere near as critical. The only other issue in the picture which is as large as that is the question of Bork Obunga, our rogue state department and George Soros trying to start some sort of an atom-bomb war against Russia and the new BRICS combine and that is also motivated by banking and money concerns exactly as were Kosovo and Libya in 2011. The only major difference netween the situations with Khadaffi/Milosovic and what the shit4brains neocons and Bork et. al. are trying to do now is scale and the fact that the BRICS group would be several orders of magnitude more difficult to **** with i.e. you're looking at three nuclear powers with major kinds of military capabilities.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2015 12:23 pm
@maxdancona,
I think people bitching the way you are bitching about it are saying more about yourselves than the political process.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2015 12:47 pm
@edgarblythe,
I don't get what you are saying Edgar.

People (including people "bitching about it) are the political process. If enough of us people are annoyed by Hillary or her supporters she will lose....

... again.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2015 12:53 pm
I'm liberal left in case you don't know that already and I will vote for her if she is the Dem candidate. I would consider several others if they show up and gain ground. I forget (already) the name of a new possibilty who declared interest in running a few days ago, and there's also the guy from Maryland (Murray?) and Webb, and so on, that I would do reading up on. I started a thread about not liking Hillary, wishing for someone else, but even there I also said I'd vote for her if she is it. I both don't like her and grudgingly do somewhat.

Then again, maybe Huntsman will move from Utah next week, declare as a Dem, and I might reconsider.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2015 04:29 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
A facebook acquaintance said this and I couldn't agree more

"Liberals might not like hearing this, but it’s going to be Hillary Clinton or a Republican in 2016. It really breaks down to these two options: Either get on board with Hillary Clinton, even if she’s not everything you’ve dreamed of. - or – Whine and cry because Elizabeth Warren isn’t going to run, become apathetic, then let Republicans win the White House in 2016; likely replace four Supreme Court Justices over the following 8 years; start a war with Iran; ruin the planet; destroy our economy again; and undo all the good that’s been done these last 6 years. Yes, it’s really that simple."

It won't matter. After the 2013 gun control debacle, the Republican candidate is going to win regardless.

Correct regarding the Supreme Court. The Left is screwed as far as that goes.

No one is going to ruin anything though.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2015 04:29 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
Also, I don't think that people will forget the bad behavior of Hillary supporters in the 2008 primary.
If I were a Hillary supporter now, I would make an extra effort not to repeat this.

All that Hillary supporters did was support their preferred candidate. Nothing wrong with that.

If there was bad behavior in the 2008 primary, it was Mr. Obama disenfranchising all the Democratic voters in Michigan.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2015 04:59 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

There are O'malley, Webb and Chafee... none of whom I would consider a "dark horse"

I would very much consider Chafee. I liked him when he was a Republican and I still like him. The only reason Clinton isn't high on my list is that I don't see her having a vision for the future of the US. IMO, the President doesn't need to be a great political operative, he (or she) needs to set the vision for all the great political operatives who work for them. That said, I'd vote Clinton before any of the current Republican candidates. I think their visions would be bad for the country, so Clinton's political status quo would be preferable to that.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2015 05:04 pm
@engineer,
That's the guy I just read about, Chafee.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2015 05:08 pm
@engineer,
Well, welcome back.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2015 05:29 pm
I will have no trouble at all pulling the lever over Hillary's name on Election Day.

I agree with that Facebook entry. If you are one of the people who find her an unattractive candidate, you must find some way to suck it up and vote for her if she is at the head of the Dem ticket

The cost to country and world of one of the Republicans winning the Oval Office is simply too horrifying to contemplate.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2015 05:41 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
I agree with that Facebook entry. If you are one of the people who find her an unattractive candidate, you must find some way to suck it up and vote for her if she is at the head of the Dem ticket

I would have no problem with this, if it were being said in March of 2016. Then all of the filing deadlines would be long past, there would have been a few primaries and caucuses and a clear front-runner may have emerged. If at that point someone tells me that Hillary is inevitable and I should suck it up and fall into line... I will be OK with that. I will give her my support... and maybe I will even put a weird phallic 'H' symbol on my car.

But we aren't there yet. It is 20 months before the freakin' election. No filing deadlines have passed. No debates have happened. No caucuses or primaries have happened. There is nothing to say that Hillary must be president (other than the smug sense of entitlement that may be Hillary's downfall).

Hillary isn't inevitable. And for people to tell me she is, at this point before the primaries have even started, is rather annoying.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2015 06:27 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
I will have no trouble at all pulling the lever over Hillary's name on Election Day....

http://th01.deviantart.net/fs71/200H/f/2011/155/5/6/cretin_le_lapin____by_azram-d3i0ld6.jpg

0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2015 07:09 pm
Live in the real world max. Hillary is the only one with the connections and financial ability to compete with the Kochs et al. Period..
maxdancona

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2015 07:20 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
Obama did pretty well against the Kochs ... that was after he kicked Hillary's connected (and entitled) butt in the primary.

The next person to beat Hillary in the primary can do the same.
RABEL222

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2015 10:12 pm
@maxdancona,
Keep going pal. If a republican is elected president I will remind you of this bull. I would vote for Putin before I would vote for any republican including Chaffee.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 16 Apr, 2015 04:48 am
@RABEL222,
I will vote for Hillary if she wins the primary.

At this point she is a mediocre candidate with a lot of unpleasant baggage. As a senator she supported the Iraq war. As a secretary of state she mismanaged email. We can do better.

There is no reason that Hillary deserves to be president.

Let's have a primary.
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 16 Apr, 2015 08:03 am
max you don't like Hillary because a "real liberal" . we get it.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Thu 16 Apr, 2015 08:34 am
@RABEL222,
Quote:
If a republican is elected president I will remind you of this bull. I would vote for Putin before I would vote for any republican including Chaffee.

I hope you see the irony here.

I was hoping that over the past 8 years Hillary supporters could have grown up a bit.
revelette2

Reply Thu 16 Apr, 2015 08:35 am
@maxdancona,
Almost all the senators voted for the Iraq war, actually, if you read what they actually voted for, they voted for a process so to speak to go through the UN. They all sort of dismissed the dissenting opinions of the matter of the WMD and went with the conventional wisdom of the time that Saddam Hussein had WMD and was about to use them if not stopped. What they didn't vote for was a rush to war. What the Bush administration was guilty of was two things mostly, manipulating and twisting evidence to suit their agendas and rushing to war before the UN process was complete. A good man sacrificed his ethics and integrity in that effort before the whole world putting forth evidence they knew to be misleading; I guess he was being a good solider or something.

As for the emails; personally I do not see the big deal about it. If the republicans are going to use it, they better pick somebody besides Jeb Bush.