IS IT GETTING MEAN AROUND HERE??

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2015 12:27 pm
@timur,
I am not the guy coming into thread after thread to say, "I don't like you" the way you do, Timur.

You function like a four year old in a sandbox.

But you are more entertaining than you can imagine.

I love ya!
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2015 12:36 pm
@Lordyaswas,
Lordyaswas wrote:

Possibly one of the best posts I've read in ages.

I think firefly is probably not only the brightest poster here, she's also the most articulate.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2015 12:43 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
I think firefly is probably not only the brightest poster here, she's also the most articulate.

Which she ruins with a lack of candor. She is a very sad case.
glitterbag

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2015 12:55 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:

Which she ruins with a lack of candor. She is a very sad case.

And here he is, the conscience of the forum. Now that's sad.
korkamann

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2015 12:59 pm
@firefly,
Excellent post, Firefly. I could not agree more with your analysis of the poster, Hawkeye. An objective observer could not be blamed for thinking the poster is the epitome of an American Hillbilly/redneck stemming from a subculture of pure filth. My mind cannot fathom hawkeye being taught to be polite or exhibit well-bred social behavior. It's as if he's on some kind of drug that excites and stimulates his most negative thoughts towards others.
djjd62

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2015 01:00 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:
Be careful Frank, don't forget that DJOO7 and the tough guys have arrived. We've been warned, they are from another Forum, hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

does this refer to me, if so i'm puzzled, A2K has been my main forum for just over 11 years now and while i spend more time on FB the last while i still pop in every few days

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2015 01:06 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
And here he is, the conscience of the forum. Now that's sad.
That attempt at a cut-down does not work so well anymore.....from the beginning I have made arguments that the health of the community matters, that particular actions made by ownership put what was a healthy community at risk and that this would have detrimental results. And time has proven my concerns valid.

I comment on less than 1% of the topics here, but what I do comment on I tend to have an interest in and also tend to know something about. Your underestimation of me shows poor judgement. You might want to fix that.
djjd62

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2015 01:07 pm
@hawkeye10,
time has more often than not proven my concerns vapid

c'est la vie
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2015 01:10 pm
@korkamann,
korkamann wrote:

Excellent post, Firefly. I could not agree more with your analysis of the poster, Hawkeye. An objective observer could not be blamed for thinking the poster is the epitome of an American Hillbilly/redneck stemming from a subculture of pure filth. My mind cannot fathom hawkeye being taught to be polite or exhibit well-bred social behavior. It's as if he's on some kind of drug that excites and stimulates his most negative thoughts towards others.

I wear my lack of being ruined by the "education" system (which is really an indoctrination and career ticket punch system) with pride. Which is pretty easy to tell with my almost constant attack on the incompetent and dishonest American Elite class. You being obsessed because you have had your environment ruined by words that disturb you just goes to show an inability to prioritize in a useful way, which is sadly all too common in America today. We did not get so stupid and ignorant by chance, it was willful.
0 Replies

timur

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2015 01:12 pm
@djjd62,
You point is valid..
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2015 01:28 pm
@djjd62,
Thank you, didge, I'd been trying to figure out who glitter meant.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2015 01:47 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
So you say, over and over again, even after it is pointed out to you that you are ignoring the context of my contributions here. I am constantly talking about language, openness, truth, the triumph of victim culture, the closed American mind, PC degradation of language, the lack of freedom to disagree with the groupthink, and my life long conviction that we need to be able to talk about anything....that talking is not doing, words should never be a crime.

Oh, you're often on your soap box spouting all sorts of opinions, and then ridiculously declaring that you've won some sort of debate, or that others haven't been able to discredit your thinking, when that's far from the truth, and mainly due to the fact that you're listening only to yourself and not to what anyone else says. Laughing And, that also keeps you from realizing the intellectual shallowness, and lack of scholarly thought or support, in your so-called "contributions", as well as the flagrant paranoia inherent in the various conspiracy theories you constantly try to promote in order to support your insubstantial assumptions..
Quote:
But you ignore all that because it is not convenient and you are absolutely allegic to the truth when it is not convenient.

See--you're convinced you know and speak the truth, but it's being ignored by those who lack the superior truth seeking and truth recognition abilities you possess. Laughing Try considering the alternative that you're not convincing because you're off the mark, poorly informed, narrow-minded, "and you are absolutely allegic to the truth when it is not convenient" and doesn't mesh with your own self-interest. Laughing
Quote:
All you can do is respond with "BAD WORDS MUST BE PUNISHED!" ...

No, I've never said that. But the words you use, particularly the slurs you use to describe other people, have consequences, both in terms of the impact of these words on others, who recognize their intentional offensiveness, and how your use of descriptions/slurs like ****, nigger, fag, etc. reflect on you and what kind of person you are, and the contempt you choose to communicate to others when you use these slurs.

Words are actions once they are spoken or written, once they are used as modes of communication.
Quote:
talking is not doing, words should never be a crime

Ever hear of slander or libel?

You are absolutely intolerant of any views or positions that don't agree with your own--you fail to recognize merit in any of them--you simply want this site to provide you with a platform where you can be unfettered in spouting your half-ass, often provocative, opinions, and voicing your contempt of others, because your "contributions" are all about you expressing your narcissism, and need for attention, and need to prove you are right, and not about any honest intellectual discussion of any issue on your part. But, in case you haven't noticed, you're mainly ignored except when you get too obnoxious, so I guess we can expect you to keep upping that ante. Laughing

glitterbag

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2015 02:00 pm
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

glitterbag wrote:
Be careful Frank, don't forget that DJOO7 and the tough guys have arrived. We've been warned, they are from another Forum, hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

does this refer to me, if so i'm puzzled, A2K has been my main forum for just over 11 years now and while i spend more time on FB the last while i still pop in every few days

No, absolutely not, the only one so far to appear is DJOO7, claiming he/she was summoned to whip us into shape. I'm sincerely sorry you thought I was referring to you. GB
glitterbag

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2015 02:06 pm
@glitterbag,
Someone calling themselves DJOO7 appeared on the 'So, how do you feel about Bibi Netanyaho's address to Congress. I knew that Frank had contact with DJ, and I am sorry that I didn't give a better explanation of who I was referring to, it was just a 'warning' from DJ that probably only the people on that particular thread were 'in trouble now', I thought it was funny, I should have thought about the unintended consequences.

Again, I'm sorry if I misled anyone. Peace
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2015 02:09 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
But, in case you haven't noticed, you're mainly ignored except when you get too obnoxious, so I guess we can expect you to keep upping that ante. Laughing

Ending a long post with a lie is exactly the kind of thing that keeps doing you in. Why is it so hard for you to tell the truth? I keep thinking that you are smart enough to be able to know the truth, but after all of these years maybe I need to reevalute. BTW, of the last 30 threads I have started only 3 got no traction, which is damn good. This is also extremely easy to validate.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2015 02:10 pm
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:
does this refer to me,

Unlikely.

You may have noticed that the intelligent liberals here are gone (or at least no longer bother with political threads), and the remaining liberals try to make up for their intellectual shortcomings with name-calling and vote downs?

It seems that someone invited some conservatives from another board to give the liberals here some of their own name-calling medicine. However, the newcomers have only made a handful of posts, so their impact has not been all that great.

That's a shame, because flooding the place with name-calling conservatives is really not too bad of an idea.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2015 02:37 pm
@firefly,
firefly wrote:
Why you feel the need to set up some sort of dichotomy, or needless comparison, between Hawkeye and izzythepush is not really clear, but in doing so you are contributing to the personal nastiness and interpersonal conflicts on this site. Is this your underhanded way of stirring up more dissension between posters, while appearing to be "civil" and ostensibly keeping your own hands clean?

You've hit the nail right on the head. He does this sort of **** all the time. He is one of the most dishonest and downright sneaky people on A2K. He's a control freak who is not getting his way, and he's freaking out because he's not nearly as good a manipulator as he thought he was.

He reminds me of another (unnamed) poster I had on ignore who tried to use you to start a proxy argument with me by bringing up WW2. This reeks of the same desperation, he's on ignore and he just can't handle it.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2015 02:41 pm
@izzythepush,
Actually, all Max has succeeded in doing with his sneaky shenanigans, is get Hawkeye to do, (some of.) his dirty laundry in public, meaning posters like Frank finally know what a creep he is.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2015 02:43 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
his dirty laundry in public
If you are going to try to use American idioms first make sure that you understand them. In this case you fail.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2015 02:53 pm
@hawkeye10,
It's not an American idiom you idiot. 'Don't wash your dirty laundry in public' is British idiom. 'Don't air your dirty laundry in public' is American.

This is a website that helps witless fools like you tell the difference.

http://www.usingenglish.com/reference/idioms/dont+wash+your+dirty+laundry+in+public.html<br />
You are so very very stupid, and as always, you fail.