IS IT GETTING MEAN AROUND HERE??

farmerman

Reply Thu 9 Apr, 2015 10:20 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Whatta ya mean by that????
Oh ****, here we go again.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
farmerman

Reply Thu 9 Apr, 2015 10:22 am
@farmerman,
Im outta here. This ones going south in a hurry.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 9 Apr, 2015 10:22 am
@farmerman,
If I had a serious problem with Frank I wouldn't have mentioned him. We've had it out enough times by now, but I do think his quoting fascination has got out of hand.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 9 Apr, 2015 10:31 am
@izzythepush,
Because of the requests, I have cut down considerably on the quoting, Izzy, although I much prefer quoting to the "paraphrasing" some of the people in the forum mangle. And in some cases, to properly respond, quoting extensively is necessary.

People like Beth are not really bothered by the quoting...she, and people like her, just want to shove their fat asses into areas too tight for them.

If I don't want to read something written by someone...I don't. You could quote them all day long...put the quotes in large fonts...and the moment I realize who is being quoted, I pass it over.

Some people cannot do that...they have to complain and moan and groan.

I'd say it is better to just keep fat asses out of tight spots.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 9 Apr, 2015 10:35 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

Because of the requests, I have cut down considerably on the quoting, Izzy,

Good.

You could always put Beth on ignore, and I for one would rather her bottom was kept out of it.
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 9 Apr, 2015 10:36 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
You could always put Beth on ignore, and I for one would rather her bottom was kept out of it.

Nah...I hang on her every word.

And I'd rather keep her top out of it.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 9 Apr, 2015 10:40 am
@ossobuco,
Replying to myself, it seems I was late on that (hi, Beth). I've been watching the golf results this morning.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Thu 9 Apr, 2015 11:43 am
@farmerman,
I've been on the site on and off for probably a year. I agree one hundred percent with you. Some of these posts are mean, insulting, and down right disrespectful. I love a good debate over various issues and topics. I love to state my view with an explanation and hear other people views with an explanation. Sometimes my views may be similar and sometimes they may be different. I just love the back and fourth discussions. Points and counterpoints. I want to be engaged in respectful conversations and discussions. When some of these posts engage in name calling, shouting, cussing, and just lacking respect of someone else's opinion, makes having an honest informed debate extremely difficult if not impossible.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 9 Apr, 2015 11:51 am
@farmerman,
getting???? It has always been mean even what may seem the most mild of subjects can get ugly.

It doesn't have to be political - and if it is both sides can be mean and cruel - not one side is better at being mean than the other. (seeing I have been called negative terms of either party should provide proof enough either one can be mean).

If it gets that way I tend to just leave. Sometimes I will egg people on for fun - but usually I just leave.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 9 Apr, 2015 11:53 am
@Frank Apisa,
And bolding and saying fat ass is an example of meanness
Below viewing threshold (view)
Linkat

Reply Thu 9 Apr, 2015 11:58 am
@Frank Apisa,
Bolding is yelling on the internet -- most reasonable people consider yelling mean or at the very least impolite and rude.

Whatever your excuse - bold in the internet world is yelling. You do not have to agree but the general population is going to see it as such.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Thu 9 Apr, 2015 01:07 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Im outta here. This ones going south in a hurry.

Poor farmerman! Talk to me, big guy. I have known you since 2004.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 9 Apr, 2015 01:24 pm
@farmerman,
Farmer.....FB is good in that you don't have to have stuff spoiled by people you find abrasive and annoying. You only communicate with chosen people.

There's little debate or discussion there though so it's a lot more limited.

Come on over! If you want to be a friend I'm Dee Lowan over there.

ehBeth

Reply Thu 9 Apr, 2015 01:30 pm
@dlowan,
There are debates and discussions on FB, but they tend to be in private groups rather than on public pages.

The private groups on FB are where the real action is - whether it's discussions of West German pottery or cooking or politics.

It's a bit like the silo idea Robert had for A2k years ago. Remember the conservative and liberal groups you could join? I'm not sure what happened to them.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 9 Apr, 2015 03:15 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Ive been trying to engage in a few discussions but, if Im gone for a few hours or overnight, the entire thread haas turned into a damn shout fest and insultathon.

On the other hand, the Polygamy thread has turned into an interesting and informative discussion.

Oops! I quoted, but sometimes it does help to see exactly what part of a post is being replied to.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 9 Apr, 2015 03:36 pm
@roger,
Quote:
Oops! I quoted, but sometimes it does help to see exactly what part of a post is being replied to.

I don't get what the big deal is. The quote feature is quite useful for intelligent discussions. The "ignore" feature is stupid. This is a public discussion forum, why would you use a feature that prevents public discussion?

(Could you please quote me so the rest of the thread can see my point?)

roger

Reply Thu 9 Apr, 2015 03:55 pm
@maxdancona,
Nope. If they choose not to see your posts, they don't get to see them. Alternatively, they can follow the Reply breadcrumbs.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 9 Apr, 2015 04:11 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Quote:

I don't get what the big deal is. The quote feature is quite useful for intelligent discussions. The "ignore" feature is stupid. This is a public discussion forum, why would you use a feature that prevents public discussion?

Glad to do it, Max.

And you are absolutely correct.

The people here who brag about how many people they have on IGNORE ought to give your remarks careful consideration.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 9 Apr, 2015 04:45 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

maxdancona wrote:

Quote:

Glad to do it, Max.

And you are absolutely correct.

The people here who brag about how many people they have on IGNORE ought to give your remarks careful consideration.

Thanks Frank!
0 Replies