IS IT GETTING MEAN AROUND HERE??

izzythepush

Reply Sun 19 Apr, 2015 06:41 am
@farmerman,
The only people who care what Ionus says our other bloody idiots. Don't worry about what he says, most people have got him on ignore by now anyway.
farmerman

Reply Sun 19 Apr, 2015 06:56 am
@izzythepush,
Oh well, at least I had a great day fishing yesterday.
Do you guys have a trout season? and do you have programs where the govt actually grows and places fat trout into your streams so that the people can then catch them for supper?

I went fly fishing for native trout where its good sport to engage in "catch and release" . Im still learning fly fishing and am not that coordinated yet but its getting better .
izzythepush

Reply Sun 19 Apr, 2015 06:59 am
@farmerman,
I don't fish but my mate does, I'll ask him. I do know only certain fish should be kept and eaten, others are put back. There was a bit of a shindig a while back when East Europeans started taking fish home to eat. I'll be seeing my mate in the next few days and I'll pm you his answers.
FBM

Reply Sun 19 Apr, 2015 07:00 am
@farmerman,
I used to practice out on the lawn. Getting the fly to land on a particular leaf, for example. Then gradually working on getting it to gently drift down on it instead of whipping down like a .22 round...
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 19 Apr, 2015 07:05 am
@farmerman,
The brown trout is the original trout here. Angler associations place eggs in the rivers here. (Just yesterday, I saw literally hundreds of trout under the bridges in the town - but it's considered very bad style to fish them there.)
farmerman

Reply Sun 19 Apr, 2015 07:08 am
@izzythepush,
great, we were talking about sport fishing in other countries. Ive fished in Canada , Argentina and some otherN/S American countries but never Europe or Asia.
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Sun 19 Apr, 2015 07:08 am
@Walter Hinteler,
That would be in bad form, yes. A net is the way to go.
farmerman

Reply Sun 19 Apr, 2015 07:10 am
@FBM,
It took me a while to get the "finesse" thing but Im still poor on landing the fly where I want. Around here, (due to the cut banks on streams) many people cast downstream instead of up and it works
farmerman

Reply Sun 19 Apr, 2015 07:14 am
@Walter Hinteler,
so they dont place "fry" in the waters? Are your fish and game people trying to "imprint" the locations to the hatchlings?

In Pa, we have sportsmens associations that take stewardship seriously but weve also got our native "Hillbillies" who fish without any concern for others.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 19 Apr, 2015 07:15 am
@FBM,
Quote:
A net is the way to go
Or a bit of Anfo set off with Tannerite and a LR 22.
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Sun 19 Apr, 2015 07:17 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

It took me a while to get the "finesse" thing but Im still poor on landing the fly where I want. Around here, (due to the cut banks on streams) many people cast downstream instead of up and it works

I'm a heretic, tbh. No waders. I get in an aluminum boat on a lake and cast back towards the bank. Don't tell anybody.
farmerman

Reply Sun 19 Apr, 2015 07:18 am
@FBM,
what's it take to do sport fishing in Korea? Is it highly regulated like some of the US states?
FBM

Reply Sun 19 Apr, 2015 07:20 am
@farmerman,
I think it's only regulated in the national parks. Everywhere else seems to be a free-for-all, as far as I can tell. No seasons or catch limits that I know of. But I haven't looked into it, either. You're making me want to.
farmerman

Reply Sun 19 Apr, 2015 07:30 am
@FBM,
you dont need fishing licenses?
FBM

Reply Sun 19 Apr, 2015 07:39 am
@farmerman,
I'd have to check on that, but I don't think so. I don't think there's even an equivalent of a game warden outside the national parks.

Edit: http://southkorea.angloinfo.com/lifestyle/sports-and-leisure/fishing/
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 19 Apr, 2015 07:40 am
@farmerman,
Fishing is regulated (in our state) like hunting: someone (mostly a person with hunting, always an association with fishing) "rents" a certain ground.
You are invited for hunting, get guest cards for fishing. (All only, if you've got the licence.)

A few river parts are free - you get a guest card from the local municipality.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Mon 20 Apr, 2015 03:05 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
Then why did you confuse tha fact that noone EVER found anything even remotely like DNA in any dino fossil.
Show me where I confused it . You're the one who confused everything right from the word go . Your ego smelt blood and you couldnt control it so it was always my fault for your mistake .

Quote:
which at the time of your posting was already a 3 year old "Old news" that had caused a flap because a lot of the actual findings ere shown to be fake and Drs Azaar and SChweitzer were tryin to "Clean up" the samples.
And your point would be what ?

Quote:
I sent you a PM
And its a pity you werent that humble in public, your fan base of old women might have enjoyed it .

Quote:
you believed an article
I believed nothing of a sort . I found an article that I thought would be interesting to look at .... you had a great idea that you could use it to attack me personally .

Quote:
(And, although birds and certain dinosaurs are related structurally, a chicken and T rex seem hardly closer relatives because hy?
Birds already evolved when T rex was on the planet.
Even now your science ability is pathetic . Your statement is based on the assumption that all birds came from one ancestor, and all dinosaurs came from a different ancestor, and they didnt share any common traits . Didnt you learn convergent evolution from me when I was lecturing you on evolution ? Another subject you lack ability in .

I'm amazed you have been unable to grasp simple concepts . You think you are on a winner but continue to simply put your head in the sand and think you are doing well . Will you stop lying about what I have written or will you continue to insist I meant what you need me to have meant in order for you to not look any more stupid than you already are ?
Ionus

Reply Mon 20 Apr, 2015 03:07 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
You seem to have a problem with simple truth and Im kinda amazed at your deceipt.
Quote:
Quote:
Who are you calling chicken? T. rex's closest living relative found on the farm
· Proteins sequenced from dinosaur confirm link
· Discovery ushers in new era in palaeontology
When you go to Uni, they will teach you to quote a reference . Geologist my arse .
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Mon 20 Apr, 2015 03:09 am
@izzythepush,
Dear Ms dizzythetush,
pray that FM doesnt stop suddenly or you are going to need a proctologist to remove your head from his arse . You still have a little **** on your nose, just there... (kissy kissy)
Kindest Regards,
Ionus
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 20 Apr, 2015 03:41 am
In another thread, Ionus said something absurd...and I called it to his attention. All he had to do was to acknowledge his assertion was incorrect, and move on...but instead, he showed himself to be the kind of person who will insist he is right...even when it is obvious he is wrong.

Apparently he is incapable of acknowledging error of any kind...so expecting him to do so here, is futile.

Here's a link to a part of that discussion...something you might want to consider if you are going to continue to expect Ionus to act ethically and honorably in debate:

http://able2know.org/topic/272076-10#post-5937025
Quote:

In any case, it now has been established that anyone who trusts you to debate ethically and honorable...when you cannot even acknowledge an error as small as this...is being absurd.

You simply are not capable of reasonable debate.

Of course, if you just enjoy watching him continue to prove himself unethical...keep him going.

In a perverse way, it is fun to watch.